Call me when the Johnson's sell.

15 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

This isn't ownership.  This is a team that shows no signs of life...if ownership has anything to do with that, you got me.  They just suck the life out of any fan of the Jets wanting to see something...ANYTHING, but this sh*t show.

GM's and coaches change.  Ownership has been the lone constant.  The Jets are headed for their 11th straight season without reaching the postseason.  Longest postseason drought in the NFL by a wide margin.  

The Johnson's suck.

• Upvote 2

Fans demand Johnson fire Bowles. He does 

Fans demand Johnson fire mac. He does 

Fans demand Johnson hire sexy resume JD. He does

Fans demand Gase go after season 2. He does 

Fans demand GM hire new coach. He does 

Fans demand new HC report to GM, he does. 

Johnsons also stay out of all player personal decisions.

The Johnsons aren’t perfect but how on earth is this season on them?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

A lot of Jet fans were happy with the GM and HCing hires.  In fact, wasn't Saleh on on other team's radar?  We go through this every several years in jumping on bandwagon coaching hires only to be disappointed.  If you want to blame the ownership on all of that, fine.  But, who do you recommend as a new owner for this team?  And when that doesn't work out, with Joe Blow the new billionaire owner, look for another one?  And Cowher is done with coaching...it isn't about the money or he would be coaching someplace by now...he's content in the studio.

The Jets let him go home to think it over and when he left people around here lost their shlt.  

Cowher didnt want to coach, he announced on the pre game show that he was done coaching, he responded to the the Jets inquiry the same way.  But yeah, all you had to do was give him money.  Sure

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

You live in a fantasy world.

Bill wasn’t coming here because Bill was never coming back to coaching.

If s solution seems simple and obvious and doesn’t happen, it was probably not a real solution. This is a perfect example.

Agreed he’s making 7 figures working 9 months a year….  He’s filthy rich. Why tarnish his reputation with this dumpster fire.  

Ownership is to blame.  It’s obvious.  How often do you see the ownership at the games?  If they were invested in the success of the team they would be there.  Others teams ownership actually cares about their team and will attend both home and away games.  That much is obvious to even the casual fan.

On 10/24/2021 at 4:02 PM, Bugg said:

There is no salary cap on coaches. Somehow the Johnsons always go to the bargain bin. Bill Cowler has been out there , forever, and you simply had to pay him a fortune . Heck, his wife is even a Jets fan. Or more likely, was Now he's old enough that may be he wouldn't do it.. But no, go hire the next shiny new guy who talks about toughness but also works cheap. 

Ask yourself why has Cowher been out there forever.  

On 10/24/2021 at 4:20 PM, RoadFan said:

I am a Bengals fan now…. My new team can challenge Buffalo for the AFC.

The Jets would struggle to challenge for the ACC.

Burrows to Chase has been sensational.  Higgins too.  Wilson to Mims, Wilson to Moore not so much.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Burrows to Chase has been sensational.  Higgins too.  Wilson to Mims, Wilson to Moore not so much.

Wilson isn’t in the same league as Burrow. He had “it” from day one last year right up until he blew up his knee. I’m happy for him, he seems like he’s right back on track.

The Bengals got a lot of grief for not going OL in this years draft, but they nailed it. You’re right… Burrow to Chase has been sensational, and Mixon gives them that triple threat thing teams dream about.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:05 PM, jgb said:

I dunno I find the Jets highly entertaining right now. They’re a laugh riot.

This is where I am too.

I’m past the point where I think this team will be good anytime soon. At least they’re laughably bad. I’m getting a kick out of it.

It would be different if they were playing competently and losing close games. This is just funny.

• Upvote 1

Johnsons are not bad. It's hard to hit paydirt. JD, saleh, these were no brainers — only issue is their inexperience at the jobs they would be taking. That being the case, sometimes it takes time. Sometimes you find out soon. Despite the bluster, Saleh has always said they were planning on fielding a young AF team…. 

There’s been no bait and switch. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2021 at 1:43 PM, Mo Lew said:

The owners have started making moves we all agreed with. JD has a good pedigree so does Saleh. We are just a cursed franchise. Sorry to break it to you.

Basically what your saying is that no one is responsible for the massive turd on the living room carpet.

• Haha 2

On 10/24/2021 at 2:40 PM, fusionCA said:

the only way to get Woody to sell is to some one hack his emails and release everything , there has to be something there 

Goodell hiding the emails again,  Gruden was the only one who sent them.  LMFAO.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32481925/nfl-investigation-washington-football-team-released-pressure-commissioner-roger-goodell-says

On 10/25/2021 at 7:34 AM, kevinc855 said:

Fans demand Johnson fire Bowles. He does 

Fans demand Johnson fire mac. He does 

Fans demand Johnson hire sexy resume JD. He does

Fans demand Gase go after season 2. He does 

Fans demand GM hire new coach. He does 

Fans demand new HC report to GM, he does. 

Johnsons also stay out of all player personal decisions.

The Johnsons aren’t perfect but how on earth is this season on them?

Karma.  Bad JuJu is bad JuJu.  

On 10/25/2021 at 6:01 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

GM's and coaches change.  Ownership has been the lone constant.  The Jets are headed for their 11th straight season without reaching the postseason.  Longest postseason drought in the NFL by a wide margin.  

The Johnson's suck.

Out of 32 teams, 12 (38%) make it every year, and now starting this year it's 14 teams (44%) making the playoffs every year.

I'll grant you that every team doesn't start with an equally clean slate each season (e.g. it's not like every March every bad team had an equal opportunity to field the best NFL players that are already under contract elsewhere).

Still, a drought this long is more than just a statistical unlikelihood. 

J!

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Out of 32 teams, 12 (38%) make it every year, and now starting this year it's 14 teams (44%) making the playoffs every year.

I'll grant you that every team doesn't start with an equally clean slate each season (e.g. it's not like every March every bad team had an equal opportunity to field the best NFL players that are already under contract elsewhere).

Still, a drought this long is more than just a statistical unlikelihood. 

J!

Sometimes correlation and causation overlap

• Upvote 2

I agree the team is run by non football intelligent people, but careful what you wish for. I only say this because look at the Mets and mets fans. Mets fans were so happy the team was sold. They were promised they would spend money and acquire new players. The team and the front office are still jokes. 

On 10/24/2021 at 2:39 PM, NIGHT STALKER said:

This isn't ownership.  This is a team that shows no signs of life...if ownership has anything to do with that, you got me.  They just suck the life out of any fan of the Jets wanting to see something...ANYTHING, but this sh*t show.

Actually it is ownership who refuses to hire a proven coach like Bill Cowher or Mike Shanahan enough with the inexperience hacks who are cheap to sign back up brings truck and get a proven coach GM like the Jets did with Parcells. They need a expert not another hack.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Actually it is ownership who refuses to hire a proven coach like Bill Cowher or Mike Shanahan enough with the inexperience hacks who are cheap to sign back up brings truck and get a proven coach GM like the Jets did with Parcells. They need a expert not another hack.

And exactly why would any "proven" coach come here?

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Same reason FA's come here.

1.jpg

Unlike FA's hitting the end of their rookie deals, Established former HC's have plenty of money and aren't going to simply accept the offer from the highest bidder.  That's not a good enough reason.  Especially since there would be quite a few suitors in any instance where, say, Bill Cowher decided he wanted to come back to coaching.