Call me when the Johnson's sell.

As I recall, at the time of their hires, both Joe Douglas, and Saleh were considered top candidates by almost everyone.

The Johnson's haven't interfered in anything since Douglas has been here to my knowledge.  I really can't blame the current mess on Woody.

Maybe Joe did put a 100 year curse on the team for SB III.  :)  

14 minutes ago, flgreen said:

As I recall, at the time of their hires, both Joe Douglas, and Saleh were considered top candidates by almost everyone.

The Johnson's haven't interfered in anything since Douglas has been here to my knowledge.  I really can't blame the current mess on Woody.

Honestly with the results over the last decade plus you have to assume ownership and the team presidents have been involved more than we realize.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:39 PM, NIGHT STALKER said:

This isn't ownership.  This is a team that shows no signs of life...if ownership has anything to do with that, you got me.  They just suck the life out of any fan of the Jets wanting to see something...ANYTHING, but this sh*t show.

?????

Ownership fell in love with and hired Gase.  Gase recommended JD and ownership hired JD.  JD hired Saleh.   

It ALL goes back to ownership.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

?????

Ownership fell in love with and hired Gase.  Gase recommended JD and ownership hired JD.  JD hired Saleh.   

It ALL goes back to ownership.

What's with the large letters?  Anyway, So, who do you suggest we hire?  And when that doesn't work, then who is next and next and next?  Come on, this franchise is more than an owner.  Who the hell was Kraft before Brady?  We need a franchise QB which we haven't had in a half century.

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Honestly with the results over the last decade plus you have to assume ownership and the team presidents have been involved more than we realize.

How about when Hess was alive?  He'd show up once a year.  They still sucked.  It's all on Joe Willie I tell ya.  

13 hours ago, flgreen said:

I am not convinced the Flacco signing wasn't from pressure applied by Woody. The move does not conform with the way JD does business. Giving up draft picks for a rental in a year we have no chance to make the playoffs. 

It does conform to an owner panicking about the possibility of Mike White/Johnson at QB in home games before angry fans. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am not convinced the Flacco signing wasn't from pressure applied by Woody. The move does not conform with the way JD does business. Giving up draft picks for a rental in a year we have no chance to make the playoffs. 

It does conform to an owner panicking about the possibility of Mike White/Johnson at QB in home games before angry fans. 

Yep said from the get go this has CYA written all over it.

19 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

What's with the large letters?  Anyway, So, who do you suggest we hire?  And when that doesn't work, then who is next and next and next?  Come on, this franchise is more than an owner.  Who the hell was Kraft before Brady?  We need a franchise QB which we haven't had in a half century.

Kraft was wise enough to hire BB who drafted, trained and outfitted Brady with the team he needed to win multiple championships.  Remember BB ??? The guy that got one look at Johnson and left town on a rocket sled after writing his resignation on a used table napkin. 

48 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Bro, aren't you this genius:

20211029_232938.jpg.f87fba5087ac35f176ec1061f5a9e039.jpg

? ? 

yes I am that genius and obviously what got lost on pretty much all of you is that it was a hypothetical. Letting Zach learn under Rodgers for 2 or 3 years then come in at 24 or 25 would be fantastic for the kid .... Anyone who doubts that quite frankly is an Idiot plus we know no one is signing Rodgers for longer than 2 or 3 years at his age.

The Question is does Joe Douglas want it and would Aaron Rodgers want it ? I always said it would be a long shot and I never backed off that fact. If people want to troll without even bothering to read the content more power to em.

Now go cry in your cheerios since you're done rooting for this trash 

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

yes I am that genius and obviously what got lost on pretty much all of you is that it was a hypothetical. Letting Zach learn under Rodgers for 2 or 3 years then come in at 24 or 25 would be fantastic for the kid .... Anyone who doubts that quite frankly is an Idiot plus we know no one is signing Rodgers for longer than 2 or 3 years at his age.

The Question is does Joe Douglas want it and would Aaron Rodgers want it ? I always said it would be a long shot and I never backed off that fact. If people want to troll without even bothering to read the content more power to em.

Now go cry in your cheerios since you're done rooting for this trash 

None of what you want to happen will ever happen. None of your carefully crafted scenarios where this organization makes these miraculous roster moves and suddenly figures stuff out will ever happen..

When they "move on" from Wilson, fire Saleh and Douglas, hire another idiot and the latest flavor of the month DC to be Head Coach,  and then draft yet another QB with a garbage roster around him, I genuinely hope you're able to maintain your sense of optimism.  

Me? **** that. I've got sh*t to do. ? 

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

None of what you want to happen will ever happen. None of your carefully crafted scenarios where this organization makes these miraculous roster moves and suddenly figures stuff out will ever happen..

When they "move on" from Wilson, fire Saleh and Douglas, hire another idiot and the latest flavor of the month DC to be Head Coach,  and then draft yet another QB with a garbage roster around him, I genuinely hope you're able to maintain your sense of optimism.  

Me? **** that. I've got sh*t to do. ? 

You know what Jet you are probably right .... Its more along the lines of what I would do to fix this god forsaken Franchise .

Like Jet Nut said though, everyone said the same thing with Favre and that happened. Also like some have said most of these HOF types are narcissistic and think they can do anything which might include reviving the NY Jets. 

• Sympathy 1

Me? **** that. I've got sh*t to do.  
You know what ... its the destruction of raw material like Wilson that irks me the most ... and why i may soon be done too ... the ability is there to craft into something special ... and its treated like trash and ruined, regurgotated and replaced by another kid to endure the same bullsh*t.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You know what ... its the destruction of raw material like Wilson that irks me the most ... and why i may soon be done too ... the ability is there to craft into something special ... and its treated like trash and ruined, regurgotated and replaced by another kid to endure the same bullsh*t.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

And this is exactly why i would love to see Rodgers simply because its a great fit in so many ways . We know Rodgers is only going to get a 2-3 year contract which would be perfect for Zach to learn under and revive the franchise in the process. I'm not looking to replace Zach I'm looking to help Zach, The Franchise, The Fans, the whole damn thing and then Zach can come in at 25 just like Rodgers did and take over the team that will probably be winning at that stage due to Rodgers and move forward like a real damn franchise rather than like you say continuing to throw young QB's to the wolves

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

And this is exactly why i would love to see Rodgers simply because its a great fit in so many ways . We know Rodgers is only going to get a 2-3 year contract which would be perfect for Zach to learn under and revive the franchise in the process. I'm not looking to replace Zach I'm looking to help Zach, The Franchise, The Fans, the whole damn thing and then Zach can come in at 25 just like Rodgers did and take over the team that will probably be winning at that stage due to Rodgers and move forward like a real damn franchise rather than like you say continuing to throw young QB's to the wolves

Aaron Rodgers gets butthurt by the Green Bay media. The GREEN BAY media. ? 

Yeah, sure. That dude will come to play in New Jersey, for an historically terrible franchise. ?