Jump to content

Joe Douglas has to be out tonight.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 years in and this is absolutely unacceptable. Can't blame Maccagnan anymore. This is his operation and the results are dire. Cannot trust this man with next year's draft having overseen this de

Dumb thread. Besides the fact he's only had 2 off seasons here he has brought in talent. You can see it flash. Right now, this abomination is on the coaches. 

I think this is all on Saleh ... his player player friendly rah rah approach is failing ... and his nepotistic hire of Mike LaFleur does not seem to be working out. Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapat

Joe Douglas has had two drafts with a boatload of picks and two free agency periods with a ton of cap space.  The roster has been almost completely turned over with the GM's vision.  This was the year this team was supposed to start showing some improvement and playing competitive football.  Instead, this may be one of the worst teams the Jets have ever assembled.

I'm fine with tearing things down to accumulate draft picks.  But when those draft picks amount to a bunch of JAGs at best (and frankly that's being kind), it's a big problem.  Joe Douglas' leash is getting shorter by the week.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

Joe Douglas has had two drafts with a boatload of picks and two free agency periods with a ton of cap space.  The roster has been almost completely turned over with the GM's vision.  This was the year this team was supposed to start showing some improvement and playing competitive football.  Instead, this may be one of the worst teams the Jets have ever assembled.

I'm fine with tearing things down to accumulate draft picks.  But when those draft picks amount to a bunch of JAGs at best (and frankly that's being kind), it's a big problem.  Joe Douglas' leash is getting shorter by the week.

This franchise is going absolutely nowhere.  Wilson and the rest of JD’s moves have set us back again another 3-5 years

 

The Lions might be winless but they gave the Rams a good game today at LA.  We just got blown out by a mediocre pats team

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol and the yapping continues while I gave you reality and you just can' seem to handle it.  And for all the idiots who are saying JD's drafts are terrible, didn't we just have a discussion where people finally noticed that ALL GM's are TERRIBLE DRAFTERS and OCCASIONALLY GET LUCKY?  Then they suddenly become 'one of the great GM's of all time?!?!?!" The best way of making sure your GM has the chance to get that random HoF player is to keep firing them when they don't and changing what the team is doing entirely, right??  God why do I come back here??

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, i get this team is bad. Except for some minor tweaks here and there GMs do not do much during the season. If you are a player or two away from greatness, then maybe, but we are not that. So, after every loss, maybe we talk about firing the coaches and save complaining about the GM until black Friday?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have to give JD at least 1 more draft at the absolute minimum.  He traded for all these picks that we've got next year so let's at least let him fulfill his vision.   And as far as I'm concerned it's not year 3.  He's in year 2.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are right on track to be Super Bowl contenders in 2023.  We stink this year, will be much better and competitive next year and then ready for A deep run in the payoffs in 2023.

Patience Jet fans.  It is coming.

We need a high impact draft next year in the worst way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We need a high impact draft next year in the worst way.

Joe D is going to kill the draft this upcoming year.  We have tons of picks and will load up on some high end rookie talent.

Joe D is the best, young gm in the league.  We are in good hands with him and Saleh.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

When all's said and done - JD and Saleh will fail or succeed with Zach Wilson.  

That's it, if ZW becomes a legit franchise QB they stay and the Jets will be good.  If he doesn't they'll both be gone in two years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s very shrewd. He identified the Johnson’s as easy marks like a boardwalk carnie 

He’s on a 6 year deal and the idea is that next’s years draft picks will get the jets to “respectable “ just in time for his extension 

yes I said extension 

it was chilling to hear woody recently point out that naturally Wilson is struggling because “it’s the first time he’s seeing thing’s “

this is obviously what Douglas had been telling him 

he’s not going anywhere 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

When you are this bad and the talent level is still this low, the whole “We’ll be competitive next year” mantra is simply a pipe dream.   

He's been hoarding all this cap space.  Imo, he should've spent this year.

 

Spend on a couple linebackers and draft the top edge.  This system doesn't work without edge rushers getting home.  After the edge keep drafting offense.  Build a wall and get some tight ends for Zach.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

When all's said and done - JD and Saleh will fail or succeed with Zach Wilson.  

That's it, if ZW becomes a legit franchise QB they stay and the Jets will be good.  If he doesn't they'll both be gone in two years.

 

Hard hitting take here.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He's been hoarding all this cap space.  Imo, he should've spent this year.

The Jets have been hoarding cap space since Idzik. At some point it has to be considered that it's not the GM anymore.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are right on track to be Super Bowl contenders in 2023.  We stink this year, will be much better and competitive next year and then ready for A deep run in the payoffs in 2023.

Patience Jet fans.  It is coming.

200.gif

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D is going to kill the draft this upcoming year.  We have tons of picks and will load up on some high end rookie talent.

Joe D is the best, young gm in the league.  We are in good hands with him and Saleh.

What in the name of god is your optimism based on? Seriously, what (other than blind faith) in Douglas's 2 years of free agency and draft picks gives you the justification to believe that Douglas is the best young GM in the league and is going to kill it? This is like saying Charlize Theron is going to walk into my house in her underwear and sit on my lap after leaving me a Porsche 911 in the driveway. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maury77 said:

What in the name of god is your optimism based on? Seriously, what (other than blind faith) in Douglas's 2 years of free agency and draft picks gives you the justification to believe that Douglas is the best young GM in the league and is going to kill it? This is like saying Charlize Theron is going to walk into my house in her underwear and sit on my lap after leaving me a Porsche 911 in the driveway. 

This is what a ground up rebuild looks like.  It doesnt take a genius to see what Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are doing.  Its the perfect plan, they are executing it well and we will be better for it.  As fans, we just have to power through year 1 of it.  You will see a change next year and then in 2023, watch out!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The 2021 draft class looks very good right now. If Wilson pans out it's a big time home run. This was his second draft and the first was tainted by gases dick.

derp GIF

Zach Wilson is the 2021 draft class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
All true, but players wanted to play in New England.  That’s why they call it feee agency.  This is the problem with the Jets cycle of abysmal play, not only is the team bad, but you can’t attract guys to come here without grossly over-paying.  Some guys will never even contemplate coming here if they have options.   That’s why it was so important to make progress this year, sadly things have actually been worse.   Add another couple years to the “rebuild”. 


So you overpay. Problem solved. You wont get every free agent. But you will get enough to help out. This isnt only on the players though. I have personally never believed in this defensive scheme.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't care what organizations this guy came from.  Hasn't shown anything to be a capable GM.  With two first round picks next season, we need a GM who is competent.  Can't trust this guy with making those picks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...