Yes the offense is bad but our defense is embarrassing

It seems as if they are averaging 9 yards a play. Cutting through us like butter. 

That first drive- 4 plays including a gimmick? 

Nearly every run, every screen pass, every swing pass- basic runs straight up the gut. 

9 yards.  Almost never in third and long. 

Our defense is MUCH worse than our offense. 

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It seems as if they are averaging 9 yards a play. Cutting through us like butter. 

Nearly every run, every screen pass, every swing pass- basic runs straight up the gut. 

It probably is today, but generally this season it hasn’t been, in fairness. Especially in light of the talent (or lack of) we have, we have generally done alright I think. They’ve toiled on and on despite the offence leaving them in the lurch a LOT.

today is embarrassing mind. 

15 minutes ago, morny said:

It probably is today, but generally this season it hasn’t been, in fairness. Especially in light of the talent (or lack of) we have, we have generally done alright I think. They’ve toiled on and on despite the offence leaving them in the lurch a LOT.

today is embarrassing mind. 

Idk, other than one game it seems as if every offense can move on us at will. Runs straight up the gut, the dude is averaging over 8 yards a carry. One punt. Wide open receivers. Easy first downs, short yardage on 2nd and 3rd.  

Brutal. 

25 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Bad take. IN THIS GAME- YES. However, for the most part, the defense has been pretty solid. Especially the young secondary. They have been doing their part while the offense has been stinking it up. I think we're seeing how important Mosley is to this front 7. Especially against the run. With him out, the Pats are running right up the gut. 

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Idk, other than one game it seems as if every offense can move on us at will. Runs straight up the gut, the dude is averaging over 8 yards a carry. One punt. Wide open receivers. Easy first downs, short yardage on 2nd and 3rd.  

Brutal. 

Before today, we had conceded an average of about 22 points a game iirc. And that is when our defence have generally spent a huge portion of the first half on the field, as the offence has been so poor. The Panthers game is a great example - they spent the whole first quarter resisting, but because the offence kept capitulating they eventually were broken. 

I'm certainly not saying they’ve been brilliant (they haven’t), or that there aren’t areas we could improve (Jesus we have a million areas of improvement).

But before today the defence have been a million, trillion miles away from the main problem with this team. 

They have been a slightly below-average unit, and have kept us in games we had no business being in. 

The offence have been an embarrassing, infuriating and astonishingly bad clown-show.

10 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Bad take. IN THIS GAME- YES. However, for the most part, the defense has been pretty solid. Especially the young secondary. They have been doing their part while the offense has been stinking it up. I think we're seeing how important Mosley is to this front 7. Especially against the run. With him out, the Pats are running right up the gut. 

I think the secondary has been relatively ok given the youth but the run defense all year just seems so weak. Maybe it’s just me being jaded but I don’t feel like we can still the run or screen passed at all. I just keep seeing easy first down after first down or very manageable 2nd and 3rd downs. Probably today is making me more jaded. 

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Kind of shows me how important Mosley is to that defense

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Kind of shows me how important Mosley is to that defense

exactly right.  that had that sherwood kid calling the defensive signals.  the guy is a rookie.  mosley knows the game.  he's good at sniffing out screens.  and the rest of the secondary is all rookie and first year players.  experience does have some meaning.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Well in fairness the entire Defense is hurt so theres that. In the first 4 games they played well and the offense seemed like they were not even on the field in the first half. Was Franklin Myers in the game today ? Oh yeah he had one tackle because the Pats keyed up on the players we do have left that can play.

Quincy Hurt today No CJ Mosely (seems we still can't call a competent defense with out him in there)  Cashman hurt yet again Like him but time to say good bye. 3 Defensive backs led our team in Tackles today what does that tell ya