Hits on Wilson cheap? Did the Jets just take it?

Cheap shots or not he’s hurt because both plays he refused to use common sense. He has a defender bearing down on him and refuses to just throw the ball away until the very last moment. He reminds me of Geno with that. On the next play he passed up a wide open RB for 10’yards and hurled the ball right past a wide open receiver on the sideline for a bomb into double covg. Instead of “flashes and raw talent” he could just do what a QB is supposed to do and get rid of the ball the way the play is designed.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 5

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No excuse not to have several players ejected for going after Jones.

Toxic culture. Indifference all over. 

This franchise died with Rex.

Not the first time leadership by toxic narcissism led to a decline in some capacity.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Cheap shots or not he’s hurt because both plays he refused to use common sense. He has a defender bearing down on him and refuses to just throw the ball away until the very last moment. He reminds me of Geno with that. On the next play he passed up a wide open RB for 10’yards and hurled the ball right past a wide open receiver on the sideline for a bomb into double covg. Instead of “flashes and raw talent” he could just do what a QB is supposed to do and get rid of the ball the way the play is designed.

Kick rocks.

100%. A lot of people here dont like the truth though.

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

You know why Mac Jones didnt get hit like that? Because the Patriots had a gameplan and get rid of the ball quickly.

And... because the Pats hold and the Refs protect him. How many roughing the passer calls have we seen thrown against the Jets for barely touching a QB. The Brady rule (ironically) makes it illegal to hit the QB low. But hey, if you don't have a good game plan, the QB is on his own?

Had Zack thrown the ball away, he still would have been hit late and everyone would be jumping up and down about how you have to take the hit.

• Upvote 1

Literally watching the postgame show and they’re saying the same thing I said. The same thing. Yet I’m the bad guy. Truth hurts, and now Zach’s leg hurts because of it.

Yep just heard it too. Wouldnt have made a difference anyway. Mike White wasnt winning that game. Quite frankly the offense never had a chance.

6 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yes actually it does. A flag would have made no difference. Its 15 yards. But Wilson is still out of the game either way. Because of the gameplan and the way he plays.

Did you see the third snap on offense?  The pocket isn't a safe place. Slobber up to the Pats all you want but that was trash.  

Did you see the third snap on offense?  The pocket isn't a safe place. Slobber up to the Pats all you want but that was trash.  

Anticipate the defender and get rid of the ball. Maybe he didnt do that because his head coaches defense is total trash. Has nothing to do with the Pats or refs. It was a legal hit.

Just now, RSJ said:

Anticipate the defender and get rid of the ball. Maybe he didnt do that because his head coaches defense is total trash. Has nothing to do with the Pats or refs. It was a legal hit.

How much time?  1.5 seconds?  You know it takes receivers a moment to be in position to turn, right?  You are putting everything on 1 guy and it's ridiculous. 

And... because the Pats hold and the Refs protect him. How many roughing the passer calls have we seen thrown against the Jets for barely touching a QB. The Brady rule (ironically) makes it illegal to hit the QB low. But hey, if you don't have a good game plan, the QB is on his own?
Had Zack thrown the ball away, he still would have been hit late and everyone would be jumping up and down about how you have to take the hit.

You can be hit low outside the pocket. I dont know whats so hard to understand about that. Again would have made no difference. Maybe if the QB wasnt down 14-0 so quickly he would have thrown it away. Maybe if the QB tried to hang in the pocket longer it would have prevented it. The refs and the Pats would not have prevented it.

How much time?  1.5 seconds?  You know it takes receivers a moment to be in position to turn, right?  You are putting everything on 1 guy and it's ridiculous. 

Who do you want to put it on? The Jets coaches? Thats fine. I can agree with that. I can also agree Wilson needs to anticipate the rush better. But not the refs or Pats. Its not their fault.

That first hit was a player intentionally  going after the QB's knee. Some Jet player or more should have been ejected for beating the sh.. out of that Patriot. Same thing happened last year. Darnold was body slammed, no penalty, and you had Herndon and others just stand there and watch. This team has been so lame ass for so long. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

You can be hit low outside the pocket. I dont know whats so hard to understand about that. Again would have made no difference. Maybe if the QB wasnt down 14-0 so quickly he would have thrown it away. Maybe if the QB tried to hang in the pocket longer it would have prevented it. The refs and the Pats would not have prevented it.

You may not dive at the Legs of the QB in or out of the pocket unless he is running. If he is standing there throwing the ball you may not do it. I guarantee if that was Brady there would have been a flag - not sure why that is so hard to understand. 

1 minute ago, Action Zachtion said:

NFL going to NFL   

Do you think players and coaches should react more?  

The hit on the sideline happened about ten yards away from Saleh and Saleh reacted like he couldn’t be bothered. I think the players are a reflection of the coach. 

• Sympathy 1

You may not dive at the Legs of the QB in or out of the pocket unless he is running. If he is standing there throwing the ball you may not do it. I guarantee if that was Brady there would have been a flag - not sure why that is so hard to understand. 

Look up the rule. The reason you can hit a QB low outside the pocket is because they become a runner. You really want to go high on big running QBs outside the pocket? Or RBs taking snaps? Its a rule thats there for a reason.