Getting an MRI but PCL injury suspected.

Quick Google search:

"The duration for a PCL injury also depends on the severity of the sprain, but typically full recovery is achieved between 4 to 12 months"

Also 

PCL injuries are usually partial ligament tears, and typically heal on their own, without causing stability issues, so long as the knee is protected during healing, and there are no other knee joint injuries.

• Upvote 1

Consider him out for either most of the rest of season or if they go surgical than he’s out till next year 

praying it’s a mild PCL sprain but honestly even if it is I’d imagine they want to be as conservative as possible and hold him out on the longer end of the spectrum of recovery. 

Hello darkness my old friend…

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

My hope is it’s a relatively minor thing.  Maybe miss 3-4 weeks and reset the brain and sit and learn.  I do think Wilson is far from a lost cause at this point, but it’s been clear he needs some time to learn while the bullets aren’t flying.

I said the same thing to one of my buddies at the bar today.  Sitting him a few weeks may not be the worst thing.  Too bad he won't get to watch how an experineced QB prepares.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

I saw his other knee bend bad on the other play, so a grade 2 PCL doesn't sound as bad as what I expected.  

Google search on Grade 2 or 3 PCL injuries:

Classifications of PCL Injuries

Grade 2 (moderate)-The PCL is partially torn and the knee becomes unstable. At this level expect the knee to give out periodically while standing and walking. Grade 3 (severe)-The PCL is completely torn or is separated at its end from the bone that it normally anchors.

2 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

I saw his other knee bend bad on the other play, so a grade 2 PCL doesn't sound as bad as what I expected.  

Google search on Grade 2 or 3 PCL injuries:

Classifications of PCL Injuries

Grade 2 (moderate)-The PCL is partially torn and the knee becomes unstable. At this level expect the knee to give out periodically while standing and walking. Grade 3 (severe)-The PCL is completely torn or is separated at its end from the bone that it normally anchors.

Yea this really sucks. 

This is often treated conservatively if it’s grade 1-2 and it’s isolated injury (which it rarely is) 

if it’s ruptured they’ll likely go for surgery in which case he mayyy not even be ready to start next year. 

When this is treated conservatively or even surgically the biggest issue is that the person still says their knee feels unstable. 

ugh this sh*t is gunna be damn headache, best hope is that it’s only grade 1-2 AND that no other ligaments are injured. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Yea this really sucks. 

This is often treated conservatively if it’s grade 1-2 and it’s isolated injury (which it rarely is) 

if it’s ruptured they’ll likely go for surgery in which case he mayyy not even be ready to start next year. 

When this is treated conservatively or even surgically the biggest issue is that the person still says their knee feels unstable. 

ugh this sh*t is gunna be damn headache, best hope is that it’s only grade 1-2 AND that no other ligaments are injured. 

No chance he fully ruptured his PCL and walked off 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s hindsight, but starting Zach Wilson from Day One is a disastrous decision that we’ll be paying for for a long time.

Some of us were saying that before they drafted him. He never should’ve started for this team. Biggest mistake Douglas has made and that’s not a small comment.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s hindsight, but starting Zach Wilson from Day One is a disastrous decision that we’ll be paying for for a long time.

I am afraid of this as well.  I think there is at least some anecdotal evidence that shows that either sitting a young QB, or at least not throwing him into to learn immediately  on a really bad team, is a very good strategy and vice versa is at best a crap shoot.

• Upvote 1