Getting an MRI but PCL injury suspected.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Having a pair of mike white and josh johnson as you qbs is a massive dereliction of duty in douglas;s part.

Douglas does some things well but he, much like mccagnan had, has some huge blind spots for parts of his roster.

I always figured if Zach goes down he wants to tank. 

Patience is thinner than JD thinks and Woody has a history of going along with noisy fans who complain.  JD is going to be on thin ice by next season.  

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He had 3 possessions today

first - run, run, open blitzer - sack (nothing to do with him sucking)

Second - takes the team in FG range (miss)

Third - brings them down to the 1 yard line 

Then gets injured.

He hasn't been good, but he was making progress and there was clear progress today...

This team is a joke...

So are lots of the fans.  This guy isn't in a small minority.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  

I think the kid needs to time to learn the position.  Might as well learn on the job.

What we need though is a fan base that understands the talent level on the offense is probably the worst in the NFL  - and not expecting Zach to look like a seasoned professional on this garbage roster.  

What about a fan base that understands the talent level on offense is close to the worst in the NFL (I’d say Houston is worse) and also understands that playing in a situation that bad can hamper a young quarterback’s development?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

I always figured if Zach goes down he wants to tank. 

Patience is thinner than JD thinks and Woody has a history of going along with noisy fans who complain.  JD is going to be on thin ice by next season.  

If Zach goes down?  With zach we are the worst run team in the league.  Texans and detroit have totally talentless teams but at least they sort of put up a fight most weeks.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Zach goes down?  With zach we are the worst run team in the league.  Texans and detroit have totally talentless teams but at least they sort of put up a fight most weeks.

I know.  I probably won't bother any more but I used to watch tape after games and it's disgusting in the ground game.   JD was supposed to be an OLine guru but if you want to get sick watch a replay and only key in on the side of the line where they are going to run.  

Edit: I'd be happy to see them draft OLine 1 and 2.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, derp said:

What about a fan base that understands the talent level on offense is close to the worst in the NFL (I’d say Houston is worse) and also understands that playing in a situation that bad can hamper a young quarterback’s development?

Look, I hear ya.

If you told me the decision was to sit him this year, let him learn and let's get this team working under the new system before we bring him in to start next year..

I wouldn't have had a problem with that choice.  

But I just think - he would be going through the growing pains next year instead of now...maybe not as bad...

He's a tough kid, he'll work through beatings and going to come out stronger for it....

Fan base just needs to have a little patience with him.  and understand the situation.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I hear ya.

If you told me the decision was to sit him this year, let him learn and let's get this team working under the new system before we bring him in to start next year..

But I just think - he would be going through the growing pains next year instead of now...maybe not as bad...

He's a tough kid, he'll work through beatings and going to come out stronger for it....

Fan base just needs to have a little patience with him.  and understand the situation.

We’ll see how it plays out, the talent is clear but he definitely needs to learn the position and man the situation is brutal.

I think with the two first round picks next year and the system being a year in and him having a year to get established in it there would’ve been a big difference in growing pains. Hope them playing him doesn’t come back to bite them because taking him with the second pick was a big investment.

Think it’s silly to take someone that high and not seriously work on putting them in a good situation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

My hope is it’s a relatively minor thing.  Maybe miss 3-4 weeks and reset the brain and sit and learn.  I do think Wilson is far from a lost cause at this point, but it’s been clear he needs some time to learn while the bullets aren’t flying.

Agreed. I think the fact that the offense looked a lot better when Mike White came in, kinda proved that Zach needs to watch a little from the sideline. I refuse to believe that Mike White (who has no arm) is better than Wilson. Zach needs to watch a little. 

Zach and Becton should be shut down this year.  Let the new HC and OC figure it out in the off season.   Douglas has been very willing to cut lose players who don't have a future here.  He better have the good sense to cut his sunk cost on the coaching staff if he wants to survive. 

Steve Kiem is still GM in AZ because he realized he would go down with the ship if he stuck with Wilks.  He had a good enough relationship with the owner to own up to it and move on quickly.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. I think the fact that the offense looked a lot better when Mike White came in, kinda proved that Zach needs to watch a little from the sideline. I refuse to believe that Mike White (who has no arm) is better than Wilson. Zach needs to watch a little. 

This is going to be a narrative that people are going to start pushing around here....and it's simply untrue.

The offense did NOT look "a lot better". The offense was worse.

On the three drives with Wilson, they a a FG attempt and the ball was on the 1 yard line on the third possessions.  

Look, I'm as big a Mike White fan as the next guy - but it did not look better, it looked substantially worse.  

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Obviously we’re all waiting to hear the severity of the injury…but better off sitting him for the rest of the season, or only bring him back for the last couple of games.

This is clearly a lost season.

No need risking our #2 pick any further under a unprepared joke of a team right now.

Shut it down…

Burrows suffered a season ending injury last year as a rookie. Their OL sucked. He was forunate it wasnt even worse.  Its much better now and he is rocking. Hoping to see something similar next year for us. Zach's injury also could have been much worse.  That first ILLEGAL hit likely factored into this injury which was compunded by the second hit.  Improve the OL, it invariably improves the running game which invariably improves the passing game. Invariably.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is going to be a narrative that people are going to start pushing around here....and it's simply untrue.

On the three drives with Wilson, they a a FG attempt and the ball was on the 1 yard line on the third possessions.  

Look, I'm as big a Mike White fan as the next guy - but it did not look better, it looked substantially worse.  

Hard to tell the difference between sh*t and crap.

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

White did a good job hitting the simple , underneath throws.  But he can't throw more than 15 feet.  

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

On the three drives with Wilson, they a a FG attempt and the ball was on the 1 yard line on the third possessions.  They scored no points with White (don't give me the TD on ball from the one)

Fair enough. It didn't look a lot better. You're right, he drove the down the field twice and should have been responsible for it least 10 points. Sometimes it's easy to forget the early part of games when the score gets lopsided. I'm not a Mike White fan. I like Zach Wilson and believe that he's the best QB prospect we've drafted in a long time, but he misses a lot of throws, particularly early in games, and since I don't think he has accuracy issues I don't have an answer for why the offense for the most part, doesn't move early in games and he's not hitting on some passes he should be. It just felt like we had longer drives with Mike White in there today which is helpful for a defense. But maybe that was because it's easy for the defense to sit back after the offense builds a big lead. But Wilson has played much better in the second halves of games this year. I just think there's something to be gained from a Quarterback to be watching for a little while.

They did score with Mike White on an end around with Elijah Moore. That was a 10 play drive. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DetroitRed said:

White did a good job hitting the simple , underneath throws.  But he can't throw more than 15 feet.  

Yes, and with a 30 point lead you're going to get a lot of open.

I'm not knocking White at all, I think he did a fine job.  But I just know this place - and the narrative is going to start and grow off its own momemntum...

That the offense looked "a lot better" with Mike White...

I just want to go on record early saying that is very much not the case.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Fair enough. It didn't look a lot better. You're right, he drove the down the field twice and should have been responsible for it least 10 points. Sometimes it's easy to forget the early part of games when the score gets lopsided. I'm not a Mike White fan. I like Zach Wilson and believe that he's the best QB prospect we've drafted in a long time, but he misses a lot of throws, particularly early in games, and since I don't think he has accuracy issues I don't have an answer for why the offense for the most part, doesn't move early in games and he's not hitting on some passes he should be. It just felt like we had longer drives with Mike White in there today which is helpful for a defense. But Wilson has played much better in the second halves of games this year. I just think there's something to be gained from a Quarterback to be watching for a little while.

They did score with Mike White on an end around with Elijah Moore. That was a 10 play drive. 

Yeah, my mistake on that one..

If they decided to sit ZW (even if he's not hurt) I would be okay with it..

This is a very bad football team right now...top to bottom.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Drafting Zach?  Definitely seems that way.

Because he got hurt? They were starting to move the ball - had a decent 1st quarter drive which was stopped because Lafleur had Elijah Moore block a LB on a screen pass instead of Mims or someone bigger and then bricked the field goal. I think he would have had a decent game if not for the cheap shot. His short passes were much more crisp until the injury.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He has no arm. But Wilson should be able to hit those simple throws, and if he did, I think the narrative on his rookie season would look a lot different right now. 

Wilson was taking them today and he looked okay.  I didn't see any unforced errors on his throws today.

the Jets had run three offensive plays (two runs and a free blitzer) and were down 14-0...

ZW seems to a competitor and is trying to win it all back in one throw - he's gonna have to break himself of that...

Making short, simple throws isn't a long term problem (was never before)- it's can he get himself into a mode of thriving in an offense like that?  That's what I don't know...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Because he got hurt? They were starting to move the ball - had a decent 1st quarter drive which was stopped because Lafleur had Elijah Moore block a LB on a screen pass instead of Mims or someone bigger and then bricked the field goal. I think he would have had a decent game if not for the cheap shot. His short passes were much more crisp until the injury.

Exactly, that third drive he was moving the ball well...the throw just before the PI/injury was a pretty one...as you said he was hitting the shorter screen stuff as well.

It was a progress game for Zach - he looked much better early.  It's a shame he got hurt.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I hear ya.

Lets not forget an awesome shovel pass to get a much needed 1st down.  And also another great sideline pass to griffin for a 1st down on a really tough throw.

Zach was heating up and really starting to ball today.  Its a shame he got hurt cause he was about to have a monster day.

• Upvote 2

No one is really going to want to hear it with the wounds from this game still open and fresh, but it’s probably going to be good for Zach to sit and learn for a couple of weeks.  I would have preferred this been done via vet QB going into the season and not injury, but what’s done is done.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No one is really going to want to hear it with the wounds from this game still open and fresh, but it’s probably going to be good for Zach to sit and learn for a couple of weeks.  I would have preferred this been done via vet QB going into the season and not injury, but what’s done is done.

I disagree.  The kid was ready today and was really balling before the injury.  Did you see the farve like shovel pass for the 1st down?  Did you see the ridiculous sideline completion for a 1st down to griffin?

He was about to blow up and light up the Pats today.  You learn nothing from sitting on the bench.

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Looked smoother to me. Plus coming in against Belichek from behind in your first NFL playing time ever isn’t ideal. Like to see him get one game to see what he can do from the start. Probably nothing but worth a look. 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I disagree.  The kid was ready today and was really balling before the injury.  Did you see the farve like shovel pass for the 1st down?  Did you see the ridiculous sideline completion for a 1st down to griffin?

He was about to blow up and light up the Pats today.  You learn nothing from sitting on the bench.

He needs to let his knee heal up. Him and LaFleur literally it’s like they are playing tug of war out there. Kid struggles running most stuff LaFleur send out there.

Yes, shovel pass was nifty and that throw into double coverage that could have been a pick is not teaching Zach anything. Zach doesn’t seem to fit LaFleurs offense, LaFleur is obviously way over his head and either reluctant or unable to fit his offense to Zach.

Let Mike  White start a game and see if LaFleurs offense looks any better. If not take that old dude off the practice squad and let him run LaFleurs offense, if he can’t then bring in a vet and see if he can run it. If all no? LaFleur must go! It’s that simple. 

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well I vehemently disagree with you disagreeing.  He looked better, but nothing he did indicated he was going to light anyone up or that the game had even slowed down for him.  

For example: 

We went three and out on the first drive because he went for the home run ball and came back to Davis, late, allowing the DB to make a play.  If he just found Davis early on he would have had an easy first.  That’s been a problem since week one.

Saying that you learn nothing from being on the bench is, also, patently false.

So I have had the kids (7,4,1) by myself since Thursday.  First time I’ve done this.  During that time my baseball team got knocked out of the playoffs, the Jets got boat raced by the Pats and Wilson got hurt.  If I die in my sleep tonight, you are all dear to me.

That said, I wasn’t able to watch a second of today’s game.  Injury aside, did he look better at all?  Any nice plays? Any oh god plays?

• Upvote 1