Getting an MRI but PCL injury suspected.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So I have had the kids (7,4,1) by myself since Thursday.  First time I’ve done this.  During that time my baseball team got knocked out of the playoffs, the Jets got boat raced by the Pats and Wilson got hurt.  If I die in my sleep tonight, you are all dear to me.

That said, I wasn’t able to watch a second of today’s game.  Injury aside, did he look better at all?  Any nice plays? Any oh god plays?

He played 3 series 

He had two mini highlight 3rd down conversions, one a scramble shovel pass and the other an across the field dime to griffin 

he also had a couple of other 3rd down passes on accurate short passes which everyone is obsessed about 

he then set up white on 1st and goal with a deep ball PI

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He had 3 possessions today

first - run, run, open blitzer - sack (nothing to do with him sucking)

Second - takes the team in FG range (miss)

Third - brings them down to the 1 yard line 

Then gets injured.

He hasn't been good, but he was making progress and there was clear progress today...

This team is a joke...

People have the blinders on because the wheels came off in this game and we ended with more of the same. 

If we hit that FG and Zach doesn't get hurt, the game is 17-10 (assuming we still score that TD). I definitely saw some improvement from Zach before he went out. Shame he did because this could have been an interesting game 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Question can you claim a player off another teams psquad if that player does not want to go to you as long as you activate him on your roster?

We could steal Morgan back if we have to if we want to make him active, correct?

If he isn't on their 53, yes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They did the kid no favors. Wilson is handling everything better than I expected, but no one would blame him if he was hating life right now. Just from a humanitarian standpoint, the Jets should have let him go to the Niners. 

I’m clueless to know whether Wilson will be any good, although I have seen him already hit some throws almost no Jet QB in their history has, although those throws have been few and far between.

I’m not going to try to project his career, I made that mistake with Darnold saying it was just a matter of time and he’d be great since he was put in one of the worst situations I’d ever seen a newly drafted QB put in(although I did pound the table for Mahomes the same year a box safety who has to be schemed today blitz all the time for you to know he’s on the field and who also has no hands was selected instead) and I did some those few and far between flashes with Darnold too.

The Jets problems go far far deeper than any QB growing pain problem.  This is systemic from the 2 idiot owners on down.  Although the fans are promised that a new winning culture is about to be built with each new terrible regime, it just Never happens, not even a whiff.

I actually think lots of it gets psychological pretty quickly after be part of beatdown after beatdown.  When you put a stop watch to the Jets players are they that materially that much slower than their opposition?  Of course not.  This is the nfl, everyone runs 4.3’s and at worst 4.4’s. Then how come you watch a game like today and the whole team looks like they’re running in quicksand?  New England has players running wide open by 5, 10, 15 yards underneath, play after play after play.  I’ve never seen anything like what I saw today. 

That was pure capitulation on the part of the Jet players.  They’ve already given up.

The organization is nothing but a way station, players go their to pick up their last paychecks because no one else is going to pay them, and the younger guys quickly get infected by the same mindset.

Wilson has no WRs who can consistently get separation, he has no running game to fall back on because his OL can’t run block along with the worst RBs in the league, he has no TE (have Jets even had a TE the last 10 years?)....he’s in the Exact same position Darnold was in his rookie year.

Nothing gets better until the team is sold.

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Question can you claim a player off another teams psquad if that player does not want to go to you as long as you activate him on your roster?

We could steal Morgan back if we have to if we want to make him active, correct?

I think a team can protect 4 PS players per week though.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Action Zachtion said:

3:30

I'm out on this guy.

All PC coach speak and only tries to say the right thing. 

Thinks late hits landing with weight on a QB is ok?  Of course not, but doesn't want to say the "wrong thing".  What a POS.  

Just clueless and no emotion. We are in big time trouble. This is worse than Gase 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lets not forget an awesome shovel pass to get a much needed 1st down.  And also another great sideline pass to griffin for a 1st down on a really tough throw.

Zach was heating up and really starting to ball today.  Its a shame he got hurt cause he was about to have a monster day.

I really do think it's just a matter of reps for him. He has to find his way, he'll figure it out.

Honestly, he's pretty far down the list of my biggest concerns with this team.