Captain cliché at a press conference

LSJF

2 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Captain cliché at a press conference, false hope sounding like hot air… He tells me they’re working their tails off, he says they’re grown man, they practice real hard and they’re going to get to work, I think they made a lot of good plays out there, but they just have to execute… Two weeks to look into a game plan and the team, then we got this… Stubborn coaching,

who knew that Rex Ryan was going to be Vince Lombardi compared to all these other bozos…

Yeah we need my talent, but there’s no team at all out there, just getting outcoached, outplayed, this was the week to make a statement… Remember the BS story about how we’re going to lift Zach he doesn’t have to lift us, stubborn bastards keep running the same horrible offense

Saleh is a joke, but we are stuck with this joke for 4 more years because to move on would evoke the :

It's not cancel culture, it's consequences | Cult MTL

Mjolnir of cancel.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

5 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I can’t stand his cliches either but is there anything that he could say that wouldn’t bother the fan base?

Maybe criticize the team a little, they’re lil angels that just need to execute a little better 

25 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Captain cliché at a press conference, false hope sounding like hot air… He tells me they’re working their tails off, he says they’re grown man, they practice real hard and they’re going to get to work, I think they made a lot of good plays out there, but they just have to execute… Two weeks to look into a game plan and the team, then we got this… Stubborn coaching,

who knew that Rex Ryan was going to be Vince Lombardi compared to all these other bozos…

Yeah we need more talent, but there’s no team at all out there, just getting outcoached, outplayed, this was the week to make a statement… Remember the BS story about how we’re going to lift Zach he doesn’t have to lift us, stubborn bastards keep running the same horrible offense

Saleh sucking ass does not make Rex a good coach, Rex sucks ass too, he just was in the right spot at the right time.

We need to aspire to be better than Rex Ryan

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Saleh sucking ass does not make Rex a good coach, Rex sucks ass too, he just was in the right spot at the right time.

We need to aspire to be better than Rex Ryan

We do with every new hire, unfortunately, there has been none better than early Rex, Not the one that left with clown shoes on

3 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Maybe criticize the team a little, they’re lil angels that just need to execute a little better 

Yeah I get what your saying constantly praising the players gets old but if he did that you would get a flock of people that were saying “the coach needs to hold himself accountable”. I just think anything he says people will get annoyed at as long as they keep losing 

• Upvote 1

Watch Corey Davis’s  press conference it’s all you need to know about the state of the NYJ. The Jets are one of the best PR marketing franchises there is. Davis shows so many tells when he is speaking with the press he knows exactly where this franchise is and he has to tow the company line. The man can barley keep his head up. The only thing that matters to the  Jets is PR and marketing and that’s all that is important to the bottom line, not a successful football team, they are all hype, no results. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Watch Corey Davis’s  press conference it’s all you need to know about the state of the NYJ. The Jets are one of the best PR marketing franchises there is. Davis shows so many tells when he is speaking with the press he knows exactly where this franchise is and he has to tow the company line. The man can barley keep his head up.

Their social media department is second to none, the production the interviews, too bad the team sucks

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I can’t stand his cliches either but is there anything that he could say that wouldn’t bother the fan base?

"I took a good, long, hard look at our problems and have fired Matt LaFluer.. and myself. And the Johnsons..not sure I had the authority to fire the owners, but I did it anyway and they just left so it seems like I did. Thank you, Good Bye. "

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Yeah we need more talent, but there’s no team at all out there, just getting outcoached, outplayed, this was the week to make a statement… Remember the BS story about how we’re going to lift Zach he doesn’t have to lift us, stubborn bastards keep running the same horrible offense

It's  funny you made the Rex comment. If I was Rex, I would put up a billboard off of Route 3 with his face saying "Miss Me"

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Saleh is in over his head. I feel bad for him as he seems to be a good man. This wasn’t the right time nor the right opportunity for him to be a head coach.  

But,,, he is a adult that took the knowingly took the job.  He is what his record says he is, a bad "losing" coach.  

Also, another poster posted this on another forum:  The effort was disgusting. I don't want to hear anything about rebuilds or young coaching staff or anything of the like. The team looks simply uninterested in playing. Not to mention, they look shocked every time there's a running back flare out or screen against a rookie quarterback that throws the ball 5 yards down field every play. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

He mentioned how we were running out of bodies in the 4th quarter.  Yet, down 35+ points, they kept having White drop back and throw the ball.  You are going to lose.  Guys are getting hurt all over the defense.  Just run the ball, keep the clock moving and get the heck out of there.  Made no sense to keep having White drop back and throw.

• Upvote 1

I don’t care what he says in press conferences, but the offensive gameplan is really terrible from jump. 

I could remember incorrectly, but it looked like this time they opted for 21 personnel with Wesco as the second back for two runs that netted about 3 yards before the third down sack. I personally feel like they need to run at least a 3 WR set because the defense is completely comfortable with selling out against the run. The TE and FB are nonexistent receiving threats with our personnel grouping and it just makes the defense’s job way too easy to play against since our O-line gets blown up on expected runs. 

That aside, to not even attempt a play action to counter the defensive tendencies is just mind blowing. 

So is our absolute refusal to use play action on 3rd and short and 4th And short scenarios. 

The shanahan system is built around building tendencies and running counter to those tendencies with personnel playing different roles interchangably. We are not doing that. It’s one thing to fail in execution, but they’re also setting up players to fail at the play call level. It’s garbage.