Captain cliché at a press conference

LSJF

Never in a million years did I think I would be questioning if Saleh is as bad as Gase but here I am. It's truly depressing. I never had high expectations and thought this was a 4-5 win team but I did expect not to look like a college team on a weekly basis and for the team to play hard. We deserve better. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Nothing said at the post game press conference today would have appeased the fanbase. The team sucks, yet again, and they just got completely owned by a team that has owned them for the last 2 decades. Vent away.

I would’ve been happy if he took a chair and hit himself in the head with it, flipped a table, cut somebody right after the game… not trying to act all woke, and hip,

• Upvote 1

One thing i keep coming back to is how Elijah Moore should be the guy we use in jet sweep, not Berrios or crowder. You need a guy with acceleration and agility to maximize that play. It’s not an f-ing surprise, he scored a TD, but just absolute asinine that They just now break that out 5 games in. 

Or that WR screen to i think crowder that got blown up because the blocker was Elijah Moore. Just poor personnel usage. 

Or that no one drilled in Zach’s head that he needs to hit up Johnson and Carters on easy checkdowns to set up short yardage situations. Our backs actually are capable pass catchers, and yet boy wonder is forcing everything down field at Davis. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

He mentioned how we were running out of bodies in the 4th quarter.  Yet, down 35+ points, they kept having White drop back and throw the ball.  You are going to lose.  Guys are getting hurt all over the defense.  Just run the ball, keep the clock moving and get the heck out of there.  Made no sense to keep having White drop back and throw.

Our coaching staff is out coached in every part of the game…LaFleur is stubborn 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Some of us did.

The traitors will never be forgiven. Starting with @T0mShane, the leader of the infidels. 

Ahem, long before T0m realized his trolling Rex shtick I was advocating firing him after his second season. Yes, I foresaw the decline… and make no mistake, Rex Ryan was part of this abomination, not some sort of last phase of glory. He set it all in motion.

He ran rampant across the organization throwing folks under the bus, which at the end of the day left Woody desperate enough to consult Charlie f-in Casserly on who to hire… gas meet fire.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s not stubborn. He’s been over-promoted. If you’re going to complain, complain about the right things.

Has he changed one thing about the offensive? Same first down play…Same third and long….But I agree, he is overmatched, over promoted, too green…

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ahem, long before T0m realized his trolling Rex shtick I was advocating firing him after his second season. Yes, I foresaw the decline… and make no mistake, Rex Ryan was part of this abomination, not some sort of last phase of glory. He set it all in motion.

He ran rampant across the organization throwing folks under the bus, which at the end of the day left Woody desperate enough to consult Charlie f-in Casserly on who to hire… gas meet fire.

He overseen nothing. Get the f*ck out of here.

If Rex was apart of the roster deconstruction then that's a reflection of the GM and owner allowing him to have such power. This is the same bullsh*t logic I see people using to defend Douglas while killing Saleh. Rex wasn't the GM - He was the head coach and he was a f*cking brilliant at that. Best in the league at what he did. Stats back it up. 

Rex was actually the best thing about those teams. His defence carried them to two title games. History has been so brutal to the people who went after him not realising the problems were so much more systematic than the head coach. You've all made fools of yourselves, almost as much as the Pennington haters. 

But I'm glad you've admitted you'd sacrifice an AFC title game appearance for more of what we see today. Jets fans are a f*cking embarrassment. 

8 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Has he changed one thing about the offensive? Same first down play…Same third and long….But I agree, he is overmatched, over promoted, too green…

Hard to tell, the players don’t execute anything well. Perhaps he has, perhaps he hasn’t, the bigger issue is not whether he’s stubborn… it’s whether he peaked as a WR coach.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He overseen nothing. Get the f*ck out of here.

If Rex was apart of the roster deconstruction then that's a reflection of the GM and owner allowing him to have such power. This is the same bullsh*t logic I see people using to defend Douglas while killing Saleh.

Rex was the best thing about those teams. His defence carried them to two title games. History has been brutal to the people who went after him not realising the problems were so much more systematic than the head coach. You've all made fools of yourselves, almost as much as the Pennington haters. 

You’re wrong, but it’s fine if you shroud it with a lack of civility.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not sure it’s appreciated that the Jets and Pats are on pretty equal footing roster-wise and the Pats just absolutely shelled us. Saleh is bad, man. Just a terrible hire.

He sucks, exposed as a fraud, rah rah guy, he’ll do well coaching w gase at the local high school…

I think Saleh got a head coaching job 2 years too early. He's a sound defensive mind, but there's things that are important for a head coach that he doesn't have. It's often overlooked about a coach's rolodex. Saleh's staff is a bunch of guys who got a promotion into these jobs. A new HC needs a rolodex of coaching talent / experience. He didn't have it. 

I personally adhere to a new HC should have at least 1 Coordinator who is established at the position and somewhere on the staff have two former HCs. He needs to identify training staff, position coaches, etc. You need experience for guys who can come in and just do the job. If you want to promote your friends in year 2 then ok, but year 1 has so much going on that EVERYONE can't be learning on the job. 

On top of this, what is in his rolodex has been raided. They're working in SF, GB, Balt, and LA. You've got 4-5 coaching staffs that probably had a lot of guys from the same rolodex. That's not counting Kubiak in Minnesota, Stefanski in Cleveland, or Smith in Tennessee. 

• Upvote 1

Love how the jets were at his doorstep begging him to sign. He really doesn’t do much well as a coach. Looks overwhelmed. Virtually no in game adjustments or hard to even assess since so many of the games are not even comped I’ve. Poor execution on all three levels. This season sucks as a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1