If Zach can’t go start Johnson

CSNY

If Wilson isn't playing, just roll with the young guy. No more useless wins with a veteran QB. 

If Mike White is great, then great. If Mike White sucks, let him just play to not mess up our pick. We have messed up every opportunity to get a golden pick these last years.

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’ve painted themselves into a corner at this point. A Wilson injury was inevitable and they refused to spend a dime on a viable backup. They have to roll with Mike White now or eat sh*t

What would a viable backup accomplish? I rather lose games at this point than win meaningless games with a mike Glennon type

33 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What would a viable backup accomplish? I rather lose games at this point than win meaningless games with a mike Glennon type

To me it would go a long way to see if LaFluer is qualified to be a OC who can’t run his offense due to a rookie QB. If Johnson can run the team gets the ball out quickly to the wide receivers and gets offense in a rhythm there would be hope for him and this offense. Get a clearer picture of what you have and what you need to work on with Zach (  which is painfully obvious that RG and TE are desperately needed ) Also give the team a lift with some wins so that the young guys don’t get totally discouraged 

I like Johnson but would give White the start. The offense looked better when he went into the game and maybe he can run it and be an ok game manager. With Johnson as backup. Actually the worst part of our game today was the defense. Before this game the DC was getting plaudits maybe he can get these guys back on track. If not the Bengals O could kill them. 

22 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I like Johnson but would give White the start. The offense looked better when he went into the game and maybe he can run it and be an ok game manager. With Johnson as backup. Actually the worst part of our game today was the defense. Before this game the DC was getting plaudits maybe he can get these guys back on track. If not the Bengals O could kill them. 

The underneath stuff was better, which is a bad look for Zach.  But, White can't throw past 7 yards

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The underneath stuff was better, which is a bad look for Zach.  But, White can't throw past 7 yards

All he pretty much did was check down. But that's effective against the Pats. There is so much wrong with this coordinator. Why does he have Elijah Moore blocking on a screen pass and not a bigger receiver? Why is our smallest running back in for short yardage plays when Ty Johnson is gaining chunk yards and bigger? After a bye week, why are your first 2 plays a run off tackle? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Neither can Mac Jones but he dropped 54 on us. Flashes and raw talent are meaningless when a QB can’t perform the basics. It’s terribly indicting that the offense looked a lot more professional with White under center.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app