Article on Wilson’s injury

I've been  pretty measured in my expectations and judgements....

That being said starting to think this Coaching Staff is trash through and through.

Lafleur most certainly is trash and is in over his head. 

Saleh peaked for me the day he was hired so far. Soooo...... whatever. Back rolling in the filth which I enjoy.

• Upvote 2

He loses QB protection when he leaves the pocket 

he likes to leave the pocket 

he is not so big or tough 

this isn’t his first injury, won’t be his last

Hd either learns to protect himself or he washes out

cant rely on the refs to protect him

19 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It looked intentional.  You see the defenders eyes go low and his body follow.

I have no idea why anyone is upset about the second one.

If this team had any pride, #93 would have left the field on a stretcher after the first hit. Forget the damn score, that’s the worst part about yesterday. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The second one is late.  Judon could have pulled up.  Also full body weight on Zach's legs.  Refs suck.

36 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm upset (or chose your term) because of what I believe is a blatant double standard for QB protection in the NFL.

Our guys have been called for truly ridiculous things, textbooks tackles, but it's roughing because we "fell on the QB"?  On time hits called for being late hits.  And yet, our QB's literally never get the same protections.

It was this way with Darnold too, he took some hits I was literally mouth agape that they weren't called.  And yet in that same time frame, again, our guys seemingly got called for breathing too close to the QB.

All I want is parity in the officiating, if nothing else.  Kicking a horrible team with what feels to me to be a rather clear cut double standard (or, *cough* Ref's Judgement *cough*) is just downright unfair and mean.

Maybe you don't agree, maybe you don't see the double standard.  But I think it's obvious when it comes to QB protection.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm upset (or chose your term) because of what I believe is a blatant double standard for QB protection in the NFL.

Our guys have been called for truly ridiculous things, textbooks tackles, but it's roughing because we "fell on the QB"?  On time hits called for being late hits.  And yet, our QB's literally never get the same protections.

It was this way with Darnold too, he took some hits I was literally mouth agape that they weren't called.  And yet in that same time frame, again, our guys seemingly got called for breathing too close to the QB.

All I want is parity in the officiating, if nothing else.  Kicking a horrible team with what feels to me to be a rather clear cut double standard (or, *cough* Ref's Judgement *cough*) is just downright unfair and mean.

Maybe you don't agree, maybe you don't see the double standard.  But I think it's obvious when it comes to QB protection.

There are 8-10 guys in the league, and we all know who they are, who you can’t even look at funny or else you get a flag.The rest of the QB’s are on their own.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bill Belichick has photos of Roger Goodell f*cking a chicken, so he has a lot of leverage over him and therefore the officiating. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This. As incensed as I am with the illegal hits and the resulting injury, I am even more incensed that (i) there were no flags, (ii) we’ve been flagged multiple times for MUCH less egregious hits and (iii) Brady Rogers Mahomes get flags if you just sneeze on them- Brady you don’t even sneeze on him and he complains to the refs and they say “aw shucks, Tom, here we’ll throw the flag 30 seconds later”. 

The double and triple standard is disgusting. Losing our QB the way we did is the reason why they’ve put in these rules to protect QBs. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I honestly wonder how much of this is on Woody.  Somehow I doubt this type of sh!t happens to teams where the owners have the respect of the league.  I could see Jerry Jones literally sending a hit squad to Goodell's house if Prescott was getting mauled like this...

1 hour ago, dcJet said:

The second one is late.  Judon could have pulled up.  Also full body weight on Zach's legs.  Refs suck.

Meh, seemed fine.  I'd be pretty pissed if that was called on a Jets defender. 

The Refs definitely suck.

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Got it and for that, I see your frustration  Officiating in the NFL is absolutely terrible and the rules have become subjective and ambiguous.   I guess I'm more so coming from the, I'm shocked you're shocked angle.  This has been happening for years.  In the past 2 weeks, I watched a ref run down the field during a live play to stop a player from blocking Brady who was trying to run down field to make a tackle on an INT.  I watched Malik Jackson literally barely touch Kyler Murray with 2 hands and was called for RTP. 

The league sucks, it's a trash product. 

On 10/24/2021 at 4:13 PM, Randy Rasmussen said:

Is there no legal recourse within the NFL that the Jets could ask for fines to the referee of that game that missed the call?