Most exciting part of last 2 years

Pac

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am a big fan of the draft, i make spreadsheets, study players, do tons of mocks but the jets are even killing all enthusiasm for idiots like me .

We cannot even make it to mid season before having to go all draft crazy.

Assuming we're not drafting a qb, which we should most certainly not, what are a couple names I should google?

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Assuming we're not drafting a qb, which we should most certainly not, what are a couple names I should google?

Kayvon Thibodeux, oregon  pass rusher

Tyler Lindebaum, iowa center

George karlaftis, pass rusher, purdue

There are a couple highly rated cbs and safeties but the jets don't seem to care about those spots.

3 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

The most tense I've been watching the Jets in the last two years, make it five years actually, was the Carr bomb to Ruggs with 0.05 left last year. In a game we lost. 

Not kidding when I say thats the loudest I've cheered during a Jets game in 6 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am a big fan of the draft, i make spreadsheets, study players, do tons of mocks but the jets are even killing all enthusiasm for idiots like me .

index.jpg.11cd55f37a494788bd50252dde54ddf2.jpg

50 minutes ago, Pac said:

Is back..

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Who should I be rooting to suck for?  I dont watch college.  Any great pass rushers with our pick and awesome tight ends with Seattle's?

Our pick will likely be between  3 or 5 so chances are there won’t be any impact player and if there is we likely won’t pick him. I’m expecting Russ to be back and Jamal get back to his pro bowl and All pro status so it’s likely Seattle wins out. Not sure who or what will be available in the 20-26 range. If there are any quality players we likely won’t pick them. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

The most tense I've been watching the Jets in the last two years, make it five years actually, was the Carr bomb to Ruggs with 0.05 left last year. In a game we lost. 

That was actually the happiest play of mine as a jets fan in the last decade. 

this team is misery 

7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think Kayvon Theirodoex from Oregon is the best pass rusher and early consensus top pick in the draft. Another D-Lineman lol. But he's probably the best player coming out. Maybe if we can finally draft a top flight pass rusher we'll have a quick path to success. That's what the Browns did in part, by getting Garrett. 

We need to say top 3 so we can get either Thibs, Neal (OT) or Stingley (CB)

I don’t Hamilton (S) or any QB going too 3 this year

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Our pick will likely be between  3 or 5 so chances are there won’t be any impact player and if there is we likely won’t pick him. I’m expecting Russ to be back and Jamal get back to his pro bowl and All pro status so it’s likely Seattle wins out. Not sure who or what will be available in the 20-26 range. If there are any quality players we likely won’t pick them. 

Build around Mike White?

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Build around Mike White?

I mean, the offense at least looked like offense with White. Is he the future? No, probably not. Is he better for us than Zach? Clearly.

I said it in the game thread+ some of these other threads: Zach needs to sit. White can at least keep our offense of the field a bit longer to avoid the D being wiped out after 15 min.

I think you start White next week, if we score in Q1 then it’s his job to lose.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, the offense at least looked like offense with White. Is he the future? No, probably not. Is he better for us than Zach? Clearly.

I said it in the game thread+ some of these other threads: Zach needs to sit. White can at least keep our offense of the field a bit longer to avoid the D being wiped out after 15 min.

Solid plan.  Offense definitely looked better with White.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sounds totally reasonable to this rotund gentleman 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

You do a great job for our JN draft. And I would like to point out that as the GM of the Bengals in our 2020 draft, you are responsible for their turnaround.??

1 hour ago, Pac said:

1st pick

Neal, OT, Alabama

2nd pick

Green, OG, Texas A&M

Linderbaum, OC, Iowa

Hamilton, S, Notre Dame

Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon

Stingley, CB, LSU

Not the best year for a top 5 WR, Olave and London seem to be the ones on most list. 

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think Kayvon Theirodoex from Oregon is the best pass rusher and early consensus top pick in the draft. Another D-Lineman lol. But he's probably the best player coming out. Maybe if we can finally draft a top flight pass rusher we'll have a quick path to success. That's what the Browns did in part, by getting Garrett. 

He reminds me more of Clowney than Garrett. I dont think there is anybody worth drafting high this year. Take a QB.