Jump to content

Most exciting part of last 2 years


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, the most exciting thing we can do as a franchise is to trade Quinnen Williams, so we can purge the last vestige of Mike Maccagnan’s disastrous reign.

Did he even play today?  Dude is invisible out there.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a big fan of the draft, i make spreadsheets, study players, do tons of mocks but the jets are even killing all enthusiasm for idiots like me .

We cannot even make it to mid season before having to go all draft crazy.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am a big fan of the draft, i make spreadsheets, study players, do tons of mocks but the jets are even killing all enthusiasm for idiots like me .

We cannot even make it to mid season before having to go all draft crazy.

Assuming we're not drafting a qb, which we should most certainly not, what are a couple names I should google?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pac said:

Assuming we're not drafting a qb, which we should most certainly not, what are a couple names I should google?

Kayvon Thibodeux, oregon  pass rusher

Tyler Lindebaum, iowa center

George karlaftis, pass rusher, purdue

There are a couple highly rated cbs and safeties but the jets don't seem to care about those spots.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

The most tense I've been watching the Jets in the last two years, make it five years actually, was the Carr bomb to Ruggs with 0.05 left last year. In a game we lost. 

Not kidding when I say thats the loudest I've cheered during a Jets game in 6 years.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pac said:

Assuming we're not drafting a qb, which we should most certainly not, what are a couple names I should google?

I would start with Pope Francis and mother theresa

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am a big fan of the draft, i make spreadsheets, study players, do tons of mocks but the jets are even killing all enthusiasm for idiots like me .

We cannot even make it to mid season before having to go all draft crazy.

index.jpg.11cd55f37a494788bd50252dde54ddf2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Kayvon Theirodoex from Oregon is the best pass rusher and early consensus top pick in the draft. Another D-Lineman lol. But he's probably the best player coming out. Maybe if we can finally draft a top flight pass rusher we'll have a quick path to success. That's what the Browns did in part, by getting Garrett. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Pac said:

Is back..

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Who should I be rooting to suck for?  I dont watch college.  Any great pass rushers with our pick and awesome tight ends with Seattle's?

Our pick will likely be between  3 or 5 so chances are there won’t be any impact player and if there is we likely won’t pick him. I’m expecting Russ to be back and Jamal get back to his pro bowl and All pro status so it’s likely Seattle wins out. Not sure who or what will be available in the 20-26 range. If there are any quality players we likely won’t pick them. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Tank for QB1. Again. Yes!

We should but from what I’ve been told this year if actually worse than last year. Plus that while needing the team to be ready for a rookie thing we seem to really totally suck at. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

The most tense I've been watching the Jets in the last two years, make it five years actually, was the Carr bomb to Ruggs with 0.05 left last year. In a game we lost. 

That was actually the happiest play of mine as a jets fan in the last decade. 
 

this team is misery 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think Kayvon Theirodoex from Oregon is the best pass rusher and early consensus top pick in the draft. Another D-Lineman lol. But he's probably the best player coming out. Maybe if we can finally draft a top flight pass rusher we'll have a quick path to success. That's what the Browns did in part, by getting Garrett. 

We need to say top 3 so we can get either Thibs, Neal (OT) or Stingley (CB)

 

I don’t Hamilton (S) or any QB going too 3 this year

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Our pick will likely be between  3 or 5 so chances are there won’t be any impact player and if there is we likely won’t pick him. I’m expecting Russ to be back and Jamal get back to his pro bowl and All pro status so it’s likely Seattle wins out. Not sure who or what will be available in the 20-26 range. If there are any quality players we likely won’t pick them. 

Build around Mike White?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Build around Mike White?

I mean, the offense at least looked like offense with White. Is he the future? No, probably not. Is he better for us than Zach? Clearly.

I said it in the game thread+ some of these other threads: Zach needs to sit. White can at least keep our offense of the field a bit longer to avoid the D being wiped out after 15 min.

I think you start White next week, if we score in Q1 then it’s his job to lose.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, the offense at least looked like offense with White. Is he the future? No, probably not. Is he better for us than Zach? Clearly.

I said it in the game thread+ some of these other threads: Zach needs to sit. White can at least keep our offense of the field a bit longer to avoid the D being wiped out after 15 min.

I think you start White next week, if we score in Q1 then it’s his job to lose.

Solid plan.  Offense definitely looked better with White.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, the offense at least looked like offense with White. Is he the future? No, probably not. Is he better for us than Zach? Clearly.

I said it in the game thread+ some of these other threads: Zach needs to sit. White can at least keep our offense of the field a bit longer to avoid the D being wiped out after 15 min.

I think you start White next week, if we score in Q1 then it’s his job to lose.

Sounds totally reasonable to this rotund gentleman 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are worse ideas than handing the team over to White the remainder of the year and let Zap sit and learn.  

Still can't believe Zap and Mike White was the plan at QB this year..  Holy moly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I am a big fan of the draft, i make spreadsheets, study players, do tons of mocks but the jets are even killing all enthusiasm for idiots like me .

We cannot even make it to mid season before having to go all draft crazy.

You do a great job for our JN draft. And I would like to point out that as the GM of the Bengals in our 2020 draft, you are responsible for their turnaround.😁🍺

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pac said:

There are worse ideas than handing the team over to White the remainder of the year and let Zap sit and learn.  

Still can't believe Zap and Mike White was the plan at QB this year..  Holy moly.

They will regret not protecting Morgan instead of White.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pac said:

Assuming we're not drafting a qb, which we should most certainly not, what are a couple names I should google?

1st pick

Neal, OT, Alabama

 

2nd pick

Green, OG, Texas A&M

Linderbaum, OC, Iowa

Hamilton, S, Notre Dame

Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon

Stingley, CB, LSU

 

Not the best year for a top 5 WR, Olave and London seem to be the ones on most list. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think Kayvon Theirodoex from Oregon is the best pass rusher and early consensus top pick in the draft. Another D-Lineman lol. But he's probably the best player coming out. Maybe if we can finally draft a top flight pass rusher we'll have a quick path to success. That's what the Browns did in part, by getting Garrett. 

He reminds me more of Clowney than Garrett. I dont think there is anybody worth drafting high this year. Take a QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...