LAFLEUR IS A TRAGEDY AND HE MUST BE FIRED

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree until a new OC, especially one as young a LaFleur is, you have concerns.  And I agree, have to feel that the ability is there for him given what the offense has done the last weeks from Tenn to today.  We're going to have to be a little patient while the roster matures and the holes are filled.  

100%

And that's not exactly our forte as a fan base ??‍♂️.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Wait wait, so you guys think he’s good now after two games? After being demoted and sent to the booth? I’ll be necro bumping this thread in two years when this whole staff is fired. I would love nothing more than to be dead wrong here, so I’m not sure why you think this makes me feel bad. I am a Jets fan, care about them being good, not about being right… unlike most people here.

He wanted to be in the booth all along. The accident this summer and Zack needing the guidance forced his hand and he was on the field. So, the Jets hire a QB coach and he gets to go up in the both and their offense plays well and it is a demotion? Cant make this up.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Wait wait, so you guys think he’s good now after two games? After being demoted and sent to the booth? I’ll be necro bumping this thread in two years when this whole staff is fired. I would love nothing more than to be dead wrong here, so I’m not sure why you think this makes me feel bad. I am a Jets fan, care about them being good, not about being right… unlike most people here.

Ugh, if I knew I was bumping a thread by somebody who didn't know what the word demoted mean I wouldn't have bothered.  Sorry.  I hope you figure things out eventually. 

17 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

napoleon dynamite GIF

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2021 at 6:32 PM, Uncle Nicco said:

Zero adjustments

Terrible feel for the game 

Incapable or adapting systems to players strengths 

Does not game plan defenses 

Get this fraud away from our team PLEASE

Don't people understand that Woody Johnson listens to people like Uncle Nicco.  That's why Mike Lafleur was fired and these past 2 weeks never happened.

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2021 at 12:51 PM, Uncle Nicco said:

so you only care about the Jets and not about being right...right?

yet you will be bumping this thread in 2 years when this staff is fired......why?....oh to say you were right...lmao

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2021 at 6:03 AM, jgb said:

People say this a lot. Not sure if it's some sort of virtue signaling or not. Jets are among the most patient and resilient in sport.

Just because we've been caused to feel years of disappointment and loss does not equate to being patient.  If most of us could leave, we would. I did for a season after the 2015 BS in buffalo. Didn't watch one single game that next year.  I missed nothing lol 

Resilient I'll buy.  Patient?  Not a chance my friend. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Just because we've been caused to feel years of disappointment and loss does not equate to being patient.  If most of us could leave, we would. I did for a season after the 2015 BS in buffalo. Didn't watch one single game that next year.  I missed nothing lol 

Resilient I'll buy.  Patient?  Not a chance my friend. 

Hence why I say we are among the most patient "in sport." If Jets fans aren't patient, no sports fans are and thus the term loses all meaning.

Not being a nihilist, such words can only be used comparatively.

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hence why I say we are among the most patient "in sport." If Jets fans aren't patient, no sports fans are and thus the term loses all meaning.

Not being a nihilist, such words can only be used comparatively.

Oh I get whatcha mean,  but kicking, screaming, whining and arguing while waiting can not be associated with patience. It's being forced to wait and not handing it well.  Like being in Jail. The fact that you sat in a cell for 30 days can not be connected with one's ability to sit still for long periods of time. ya know?  ?

Then you can look at how fast our base uses the word bust. lol.  Are there others who throw that around quite like us?  I'd say no.  Maybe Philly...lol 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Oh I get whatcha mean,  but kicking, screaming, whining and arguing while waiting can not be associated with patience. It's being forced to wait and not handing it well.  Like being in Jail. The fact that you sat in a cell for 30 days can not be connected with one's ability to sit still for long periods of time. ya know?  ?

Then you can look at how fast our base uses the word bust. lol.  Are there others who throw that around quite like us?  I'd say no.  Maybe Philly...lol 

I used to think the same thing but poking around on other message boards when there is relevance to Jets (for example, Seahawks and Carolina this year), honestly it's basically the same thing everywhere. There was a thread on Seattle's board that Wilson getting hurt is a good thing because Geno Smith (!) has different strengths that may fit the team better. Lol.

Years of suck basically equals patience because people with less patience tune out/move on. Only the diehards stay engaged. It's self-selection bias, really.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I used to think the same thing but poking around on other message boards when there is relevance to Jets (for example, Seahawks and Carolina this year), honestly it's basically the same thing everywhere. There was a thread on Seattle's board that Wilson getting hurt is a good thing because Geno Smith (!) has different strengths that may fit the team better. Lol.

Years of suck basically equals patience because people with less patience tune out/move on. Only the diehards stay engaged. It's self-selection bias, really.

It’s a sign of the times.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

hahaha Fair enough.  Like the Falcons fans wanting to move on from Ryan every year.  They've forgotten how hard it is to find a good QB and whine about his greatness. So get it.  

But I'd say die hards are closer to having an illness over an accredited positive trait. lol   But to each his thoughts huh? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

See.  Nicco was right!!!!  We fired that loser Frenchy LaFluer mid-season, and his replacement completely changed the Jets Off.....

......wait, what?  We didn't fire him? 

It all changed when Zach went down, LaFluer went up, and the backup QB's played? 

Really?

Oh, ok then.  

• Haha 2

On 10/24/2021 at 6:32 PM, Uncle Nicco said:

Zero adjustments

Terrible feel for the game 

Incapable or adapting systems to players strengths 

Does not game plan defenses 

Get this fraud away from our team PLEASE

But you just attributed the offensive improvement to LaFleur moving to the booth and adjusting his playcalling.

You've yet somehow pre-excused a terrible performance by Wilson against the Texans as not Wilson's fault.

Don't throw out a disk.

Martial Arts Reality GIF by CBS

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

But you just attributed the offensive improvement to LaFleur moving to the booth and adjusting his playcalling.

You've yet somehow pre-excused a terrible performance by Wilson against the Texans as not Wilson's fault.

Don't throw out a disk.

Martial Arts Reality GIF by CBS

I’m sorry WTF are you talking about? 

Are you having a stroke? 

Happy thanksgiving 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yet people will still say him going up to the booth made no difference lol glad to see the improvement because he was a train wreck during the first few weeks 

Its funny because LaFleur WANTED to be in the booth the entire season.

Wilson asked him to be on the sideline. I feel like OCs are better served with that birds eye view of the field.

• Upvote 1

Why would you necro-bump it if you don't care about being right? So we can all see you were right? 

• Haha 2

Rich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

Crazy stat: In the four games since Zach Wilson's injury, the Jets have averaged 436 yards per game — tops in the NFL. I'm not making that up. Asked if he feels pressure to maintain what the other 3 QBs have done, Wilson said, "No, of course not. I play my ball. I play ball. Credit to those guys. I was able to learn from their reps and everything they went through, but I have to go in and play my game and not worry about any of that stuff."

- -   https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

You quit the board and burned your old user name over Darnold. You openly wished him to be amazing in CAR to make the Jets look dumb. Oh, you care very deeply about being right on a messageboard.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, jgb said:

You quit the board and burned your old user name over Darnold. You openly wished him to be amazing in CAR to make the Jets look dumb. Oh, you care very deeply about being right on a messageboard.

Every morning I look forward to you quoting me, thank you. 

I literally said that I hope I am wrong about LaFleur . So I don’t really know WTF you’re talking about. Did you get checked for the stroke?

Please show me the post where I openly wished Darnold to be amazing in Car to make the Jets look dumb. In fact, I was all in on dumping Darnold for Wilson once I accepted he busted.

And yes, I am hiding my old identity, which is why I am posting on a caricature version of my old name.