Jets currently with the #3 pick. Jets currently with the #10 pick from Seattle.

Alka

After todays game, I really don't know which way the Jets should go in the first round. 

They need a center, right tackle, Tight End, edge rusher, stud linebacker to go next to Moseley, a #1 wide receiver.  We could absolutely use a shut down corner.

That's 7 players.  We get 2 in round one, and 2 in round #2.

The big question is one that I have not brought up yet.  If the Jets are indeed a top 3 pick, should we draft a top quarterback if the best QB is available?  

Are we sold on Wilson?  Right now, I have no idea. 

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wilson? Isn’t that the guy the Patriots defender dove into his knee, legally of course (wink wink)  and knocked him out of the game and oddly offense seem to work a little smoother after that? 

I'd been dead set against a Veteran JAG QB.....but honestly, seeing White look better than Wilson, I'm half interested to see us sign some loser JAG oldster, and see if the biggest problem with the O might just have been Zach.

Straws, Lifepreservers, grasping, et.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Alka said:

After todays game, I really don't know which way the Jets should go in the first round. 

They need a center, right tackle, Tight End, edge rusher, stud linebacker to go next to Moseley, a #1 wide receiver.  We could absolutely use a shut down corner.

The big question is one that I have not brought up yet.  If the Jets are indeed a top 3 pick, should we draft a top quarterback if the best QB is available?  

wilson hasn't done a damn thing to make anyone think he is a FQB. we need a another qb in here 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Build around Mike White!!!

Probably not, but that’s the smoothest I’ve seen the offense run this year. Of course we were so far behind Pats knew what was coming but like ti see the offense play a game from the start with him. See if some consistency at QB helps other players develop. I’m not sure how good Zach is or will be but I’m positive he simply isn’t ready. At all

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'd been dead set against a Veteran JAG QB.....but honestly, seeing White look better than Wilson, I'm half interested to see us sign some loser JAG oldster, and see if the biggest problem with the O might just have been Zach.

Straws, Lifepreservers, grasping, et.

Actually I’d like to see even White get to start a game and see how the team plays without starting behind. Maybe LaFleur can possibly call a game with a little more consistent QB play. Honestly don’t know, but like to find out. By the way? Bon Chon was outstanding today! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Probably not, but that’s the smoothest I’ve seen the offense run this year. Of course we were so far behind Pats knew what was coming but like ti see the offense play a game from the start with him. See if some consistency at QB helps other players develop. I’m not sure how good Zach is or will be but I’m positive he simply isn’t ready. At all

Start Mike White.  Offense looks better, his job to lose.  I’m in

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

White wasn't  that good really, but he did complete a bunch of easy passes that Zack doesn't  throw or screws up

• Upvote 3

Just now, More Cowbell said:

White wasn't  that good really, but he did complete a bunch of easy passes that Zack doesn't  throw or screws up

Agreed. It was his first game  ever and he came in from behind against a guy that destroys every rookie QB he faces. Im not saying he’s the answer but I think I’d like to see what the offense looks with him in his second start from the beginning of the game. It ran smoother with him I’m there, like to see more of it. Also have seen enough of Zach, kid needs a time out. Nothing against him, but I think it’s the best for him and the Jets  right now. His step dad already agreed with me in another thread. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Alka said:

I don't think we need a pass rusher, unless we can get the generational guy. That's one of the strongest units on our team with Lawson coming back. We got good push today from them and the Pats used it against us with quick screens. It's not like they weren't moving the pocket. Too many other pressing needs - shutdown corner, center, guard, TE, LB - but we can't have all rookies playing. The reason we got smoked today on D is because we don't have enough veterans to understand what is going on - Bart Scott said it really well in the postgame. The young guys haven't been around long enough to figure out what the offense is doing to them. I knew when Mosley was out we were screwed. It change the entire game. If you have the best coaches in the NFL that is a bigger advantage than most other pro sports IMO.

• Upvote 1