Jets currently with the #3 pick. Jets currently with the #10 pick from Seattle.

Alka

This may sound crazy but I think the Jets should do what the Bengals have done...just load up on offensive weapons at the top of the draft and at least when we lose it will be fun and we will score some points....I can't deal with anymore years of overrated defense and not being able to move the ball.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, hawk said:

How do you know they are no good?  Last year, Wilson was an 8th round prospect at this time,  right?

I don’t. Just projections I’ve seen. It’s seems to be the consensus at this time. Also I imagine Wilson was just on NFL radars by this team a year ago.

Many do mocks do have Corral and the Liberty? QB high but it feels forced based on need. 

but I really don’t have any real idea

Just now, David Harris said:

I don’t. Just projections I’ve seen. It’s seems to be the consensus at this time. Also I imagine Wilson was just on NFL radars by this team a year ago.

Many mocks do have Corral and the Liberty? QB high but it feels forced based on need. 

but I really don’t have any real idea

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Id trade down, secure an extra #1 for next year.

Then, depending on how the draft goes, go corner and center.

The way the corners are playing well, maybe a pass rusher/OLB or another offensive weapon like WR or TE - assuming the draft unfolds correctly.

Then a RG and another offensive weapon.

• Upvote 1

After todays game, I really don't know which way the Jets should go in the first round. 
They need a center, right tackle, Tight End, edge rusher, stud linebacker to go next to Moseley, a #1 wide receiver.  We could absolutely use a shut down corner.
That's 7 players.  We get 2 in round one, and 2 in round #2.
The big question is one that I have not brought up yet.  If the Jets are indeed a top 3 pick, should we draft a top quarterback if the best QB is available?  
Are we sold on Wilson?  Right now, I have no idea. 

They are not bailing on Wilson after one season

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

When is Manning eligible?

Sorry, whenever any Manning “masculine child” is born the stipulation is made at the Christening that “thou shall never play for NYJ, although thou mayest get drunk and for a goof call up any Jet owner and recommend he hire the Worst coach he can possibly hire, frolic and laughing will be allowed after Jet owner takes bait”.

6 hours ago, Alka said:

After todays game, I really don't know which way the Jets should go in the first round. 

They need a center, right tackle, Tight End, edge rusher, stud linebacker to go next to Moseley, a #1 wide receiver.  We could absolutely use a shut down corner.

The big question is one that I have not brought up yet.  If the Jets are indeed a top 3 pick, should we draft a top quarterback if the best QB is available?  

you can forget the OL with 1st rd picks. i think i got JDs plan down. he builds traditional and smart.

we can argue on the players he selects, but his strategy is sound. and he is not going to use 3 1st rd picks on the line cause if they all work out you cant tie up that kinda money on the OL for 3 guys.

see now he has to draft with the mind of worrying about the cap 2-4 years down the road. he knows what positions get the most money and value.

of course if we fire JD maybe our next GM will draft 2 Safeties with those picks since they will be a big need for us..lol

9 hours ago, doitny said:

you can forget the OL with 1st rd picks. i think i got JDs plan down. he builds traditional and smart.

we can argue on the players he selects, but his strategy is sound. and he is not going to use 3 1st rd picks on the line cause if they all work out you cant tie up that kinda money on the OL for 3 guys.

see now he has to draft with the mind of worrying about the cap 2-4 years down the road. he knows what positions get the most money and value.

of course if we fire JD maybe our next GM will draft 2 Safeties with those picks since they will be a big need for us..lol

If they all work out, then you got the best line in the NFL, able to protect the QB and run the ball effectively.  The Jets need to draft a right guard, because you don't have one right now.  The Jets need to get rid of their right guard, as well as the backup behind the right guard.  Their QB is on the rookie deal for a few more years, and you have 1 guy that just started his rookie deal at left guard.  Moses is a free agent after this year, so if you don't resign him, you got 5 million bucks to add back to the O line. 

Now is not the time to worry about the cap as it relates to the offensive line.

2 hours ago, Alka said:

If they all work out, then you got the best line in the NFL, able to protect the QB and run the ball effectively.  The Jets need to draft a right guard, because you don't have one right now.  The Jets need to get rid of their right guard, as well as the backup behind the right guard.  Their QB is on the rookie deal for a few more years, and you have 1 guy that just started his rookie deal at left guard.  Moses is a free agent after this year, so if you don't resign him, you got 5 million bucks to add back to the O line. 

Now is not the time to worry about the cap as it relates to the offensive line.

draft one yes, just not with a 1st rd pick. maybe in the 3-4th rd. 

and dont forget Becton is on year 2 of a rookie deal.

our best OL had 2 1st rd picks ( Mangold. Brick) 2 FA vets (Woody and Faneca) and a UDFA (Moore.) there are other ways to build the line.

18 hours ago, Alka said:

Trade down with the first pick. 

Then continue to spend as many picks as you can on OL and WR/TE/RB.

Just take shot after shot after shot on offensive players. Invest everything you've got on offense. If the best player available is clearly defense? Trade down to someone who wants defense and draft more offense.

This league is about scoring more points than the opposition and we are the worst team in the league at scoring points. We will never be any good until we change that.