Jump to content

Does the NFL benefit from having the Jets staying a laughing stock ?


Recommended Posts

Does the NFL benefit from having the Jets staying a laughing stock ? Its the only way I can explan what I see. 

As I sit and watch game day highlights I can't help but hear the sense of sympathy for any of the rookie quarterbacks except when it comes to Zach Wilson and the New York Jets. Justin Fields looked awful today. There were no "seeing ghost" comments, no snickering "same old bears"  just encouragement that the rookie QBs need to take their lumps but he will be good. Same love affair for Trevor Lawrence. I cant help but hear a tone of glee that Zach Wilson is struggling and that he was injured because the Jets are a laughing stock.

I , like all of you observed the Quincy Williams legal hit on Matt Ryan . I could not believe my eyes but thought , okay I guess they are overprotective of the quarterbacks and big picture that is a good thing . Terrible call but ok I get it. Fast forward to today and I can't believe my eyes. Zach Wilson gets hit with the dirtiest low cheap shot at the knees on the way out of bounds where he wasn't just tackled but twisted backwards. A few plays later, what should have been at the very least a late hit penalty but also falls directly with all his weight on Zach Wilson leg . Announcers barely acknowledged it all the while praising  Bill Belichick running up the score. Watching the highlights tonight I havent seen the cheap shot once. I feel like if this scenario were flipped and it were the Jets the focus would be on how dirty players are being coached by this staff and running up the score is in poor taste and sportsmanship. 

 

Add on that Urban Meyer's fingers a girl in a bar, What happens to him?. Story just goes away. Imagine if that were Saleh? He’'d be fired by now because of all the negative media attention.

Ridiculous

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bears have been pretty competitive even with Fields below average play. You can watch Jacksonville and know that Trevor Lawrence is going to be an absolute superstar eventually. The Jets on the other hand are the worst team in the league and absolutely unwatchable. This is the least talented team we’ve maybe ever had. It’s an expansion team type roster. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

The Bears have been pretty competitive even with Fields below average play. You can watch Jacksonville and know that Trevor Lawrence is going to be an absolute superstar eventually. The Jets on the other hand are the worst team in the league and absolutely unwatchable. This is the least talented team we’ve maybe ever had. It’s an expansion team type roster. 

Does Lawrence look that good?

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, longsuffering88 said:

Like it or not we should have went after their QB’s knees also. Call me savage but it’s the only way to stop  bully

 

there has to be a point where you stop taking it

 

of course - will never happen 

This isn't  baseball where if your second baseman gets spiked, the pitcher goes head hunting. And I am pretty sure that Pats players is going tobe fined.  I could care less about tje personal foul or whatever respect the Jets are not getting. The team is unwatchable. I might be done for the year. I turned this game off halfway through the 3rd qrt.  

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL

The NFL would love nothing more then for the Jets to win all their   games including the Super Bowl.  

Largest market in the country.

Media hub.  

 

Sadly,  both NY teams suck.  The Jets just happen to have sucked a lot longer, and are kind of fun to laugh at.

Great target in the Nations most hated city.

:) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re in for a long week of stupidity here, between the NFL is out to get us, Beli ran up the score on our pansies, and the “we shoulda went after Jones’ knees” crap from a bunch of whiny couch potatoes.

@Copernicus Ask yourself this… if Saleh said his PC he had no issue with either of those plays you’re crying about, why do you? Then ask yourself why you aren’t upset your defense gave up over 50?

After you do that, explain to me why the NFL needs to conspire against the Jets. We do a great job embarrassing ourselves without their help.

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like any company in the sports entertainment industry - you have to have faces and heels. The Jets are a heel. Just that simple. Maybe one day theyll get to be the hero. But for now they are solidly in the laughingstock position. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

The NFL would love nothing more then for the Jets to win all their   games including the Super Bowl.  

Largest market in the country.

Media hub.  

 

Sadly,  both NY teams suck.  The Jets just happen to have sucked a lot longer, and are kind of fun to laugh at.

Great target in the Nations most hated city.

:) 

i couldnt agree more. i am just shocked at what seems to be insane calls against us. How many times does the other team make a play on offense, a flag is thrown, then picke up. Seems like once a game with us

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We’re in for a long week of stupidity here, between the NFL is out to get us, Beli ran up the score on our pansies, and the “we shoulda went after Jones’ knees” crap from a bunch of whiny couch potatoes.

@Copernicus Ask yourself this… if Saleh said his PC he had no issue with either of those plays you’re crying about, why do you? Then ask yourself why you aren’t upset your defense gave up over 50?

After you do that, explain to me why the NFL needs to conspire against the Jets. We do a great job embarrassing ourselves without their help.

I agree with much of what you said. I also see an outragous call that seems to turns the game in a direction away from our success each week. It happens almost every week. Fumble on the field, nope there was a whistle. Phantom late hit agains the Falcons, cheap shot against us and a no call. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, don’t think the hits were blatant.

The Jets are perpetual losers.

The objective worst team in the NFL for a decade. Win and the narrative changes.  Humiliating loss today.

Another lost season. Zach’s PCL will probably cost him weeks if not the entire season. Not even Halloween and we’re relegated to months of mock drafting in the hope that one day it’ll get better. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TerrapinJet said:

Just like any company in the sports entertainment industry - you have to have faces and heels. The Jets are a heel. Just that simple. Maybe one day theyll get to be the hero. But for now they are solidly in the laughingstock position. 

Yup and unfortunately many don’t understand this concept. This is a entertainment league 1st- exposed by the Supreme Court 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I agree with much of what you said. I also see an outragous call that seems to turns the game in a direction away from our success each week. It happens almost every week. Fumble on the field, nope there was a whistle. Phantom late hit agains the Falcons, cheap shot against us and a no call. 

We were down 14 points today before we ran our 4th play from scrimmage.

Everything you just described above happens to every team at some point. The problem is we root for a lousy team. We’re frustrated very early in almost every game. It’s very easy to look for excuses and imagine everyone is against us. They’re not.
Sometimes the answer is right there in front of you, but you just can’t see it…. It’s the Jets. They stink.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

We’re in for a long week of stupidity here, between the NFL is out to get us, Beli ran up the score on our pansies, and the “we shoulda went after Jones’ knees” crap from a bunch of whiny couch potatoes.

@Copernicus Ask yourself this… if Saleh said his PC he had no issue with either of those plays you’re crying about, why do you? Then ask yourself why you aren’t upset your defense gave up over 50?

After you do that, explain to me why the NFL needs to conspire against the Jets. We do a great job embarrassing ourselves without their help.

Ask yourself, ”why am I an a$$hole?”

Come back after you figured it out

see you in 5 years

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lith said:

Its not the NFL, its the media loves the "Jets are a laughingstock" storyline. 

And until we start winning some games, we deserve it.

And the very moment they get some success the media will flip 180 and act like the jets were a rising team all along.  See cleveland the last couple of years.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...