Zach living up to his Pre-Draft Mahomes comps!

Off-platform!!! 

I told y’all that Mac Jones was everything teams looked for in a QB for the past 30-40 years… but, noooooo we had to have the guy who could throw it sidearm.

Nevermind the trash footwork and ball going into the dirt.

Enjoy.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Off-platform!!! 

I told y’all that Mac Jones was everything teams looked for in a QB for the past 30-40 years… but, noooooo we had to have the guy who could throw it sidearm.

Enjoy.

Mac Jones who? 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Off-platform!!! 

Enjoy.

Ehh, I think Mac Jones is overrated.  He just hasn't been exposed yet.  He will be.

Not saying he's not an NFL QB, btw.  It's just that I don't think he's any kind of star.  It's possible he won't even be their starter next season.

• WTF? 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ehh, I think Mac Jones is overrated.  He just hasn't been exposed yet.  He will be.

Not saying he's not an NFL QB, btw.  It's just that I don't think he's any kind of star.  It's possible he won't even be their starter next season.

You’re not winning any Super Bowl with Mac Jones, and that’s always the ultimate goal right?

You might never win one with Zach Wilson either, but I have a problem with any team that rides with a game manager, because to me it says the team is ok with just being competitive but nothing more.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Off-platform!!! 

Enjoy.

He's going to be better than Mac Jones. Put Mac Jones on the Bears or the Jets and he'd be just as bad as Fields or Wilson. 

This victory lap is funny though.

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wes Welker… seriously???!!!

6 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

He's going to be better than Mac Jones. Put Mac Jones on the Bears or the Jets and he'd be just as bad as Fields or Wilson. 

This victory lap is funny though.

“I disagree with what you’re saying about actual events, so I’ll counter it with an argument centered on hypothetical situations and the resulting outcomes they would produce.”

Mac Jones is a normal QB prospect vouched for by the best coach in the NCAA. We drafted a project into a franchise that is notorious for not succeeding with projects.

That’s the point. Not the simplistic thing you’re reacting to “Mac better than Zach unga bunga”.

• Post of the Week 1

Yes, this is my victory lap.

Blame the coaches, blame the WRs, blame JD. The owners, the fans. Sure they all share in the blame for the team being bad. Still, the four most important non-players involved in Xs and Os are all folks with pedigree. The WR room has solid talent. As does the OL room when healthy. The RB room leaves a bit to be desired, but there’s enough there to work with. More so than any other rookie Jets QB has had since Sanchez. 

They are not the reason for Zach’s struggles. Most of his issues are his inability to see the field or take the easy play, and missing easy throws. Now, his small frame is injured in just his 6th week. Yes, he has a live arm and is mobile and can make the flash plays, but that’s not sustainable, nor is it a reason to compare him to a transcendent player like Mahomes. These were all very real concerns that I shared ad-nauseam for months leading up to the draft. They were easy-to-spot flaws in his candidacy as a great prospect.

Fact of the matter is that if Zach can’t combine staying healthy, making the easy read, and completing the easy throws on a consistent basis, none of the other stuff matters. To date, he hasn’t. Let’s hope he turns it around - but the draft forum has known for a while just how little confidence I have in him.

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

“I disagree with what you’re saying about actual events, so I’ll counter it with an argument centered on hypothetical situations and the resulting outcomes they would produce.”

Mac Jones is a normal QB prospect vouched for by the best coach in the NCAA. We drafted a project into a franchise that is notorious for not succeeding with projects.

That’s the point. Not the simplistic thing you’re reacting to “Mac better than Zach unga bunga”.

You has problems with his body, his face, his religion, his mother. You posting about these (non football)  things is an actual event as well. 

Your opinion about football things is kind of undercut by this.

Just now, GangGreened said:

Their upset that they bought into the Wilson hype and got fooled, that’s all

Wilson hype and grandstanding stupidity by the owner and GM.  You proclaim as loudly as possible that Zack has all the tools be be an elite NFL QB, announce him as the game one starter, and even though he's a raw rookie who has not played a down in the league you make him a captain.   No pressure there.  

Now? Woody, JD, Saleh, and LaFleur need to answer for Santino.

12 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yes, this is my victory lap.

Blame the coaches, blame the WRs, blame JD. The owners, the fans. Sure they all share in the blame for the team being bad. Still, the four most important non-players involved in Xs and Os are all folks with pedigree. The WR room has solid talent. As does the OL room when healthy. The RB room leaves a bit to be desired, but there’s enough there to work with. More so than any other rookie Jets QB has had since Sanchez. 

They are not the reason for Zach’s struggles. Most of his issues are his inability to see the field or take the easy play, and missing easy throws. Now, his small frame is injured in just his 6th week. Yes, he has a live arm and is mobile and can make the flash plays, but that’s not sustainable, nor is it a reason to compare him to a transcendent player like Mahomes. These were all very real concerns that I shared ad-nauseam for months leading up to the draft. They were easy-to-spot flaws in his candidacy as a great prospect.

Fact of the matter is that if Zach can’t combine staying healthy, making the easy read, and completing the easy throws on a consistent basis, none of the other stuff matters. To date, he hasn’t. Let’s hope he turns it around - but the draft forum has known for a while just how little confidence I have in him.

The shame of it is, this was all predictable.  Despite the genius of Chris Simms, anyone paying any attention to Wilson knew without a shadow of a doubt, he was not ready to be a NFL QB.  Not even close.  And if you're taking him, you had to have a plan and that plan, had to include sitting the entire year because he needed to broken down and rebuilt completely from scratch.  They need to take the traits that they were attracted to and build him up based on those traits.  How on earth they saw a finished polished product, is ******* mind boggling and probably the most damning knock on JD right now. Dude was an absolute mess and nothing he did in college translated. This raw not ready rookie QB w/ Rookie HC and wet behind the ear coordinator's, was stupid.  Straight up, stupid.  

All that said, while everything we talked about in the offseason has come to  fruition, I think it's still too early to do a victory lap, on any of these young QB's.  This team is god awful and I dont think you can look at QB's in a vacuum.  Situations matter and this was the worst possible situation for Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What has happened to Patrick Mahomes.  He got paid and has gone Muhammed Wilkerson on the Chiefs.

The team around him can't be great forever. We have a salary cap and consistently drafting low doesn't typically bode well for keeping a team filled with drafted in house talent. 

Mahomes' quick rise to elite status was because he had a great coaching staff and team that was built in KC that fostered his talent.

It's rather amazing how much Wilson and Darnold resemble each other. Same strengths. Same weaknesses. Because those weaknesses weren't  addressed before they we're thrown into the fire, it could ruin Wilson. It's already ruined Darnold. The footwork. Bad decision making, and the happy feet because of the pass rush. Why can't  organization ever do the right thing. The smart thing. It's so damn depressing. 

49 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The shame of it is, this was all predictable.  Despite the genius of Chris Simms, anyone paying any attention to Wilson knew without a shadow of a doubt, he was not ready to be a NFL QB.  Not even close.  And if you're taking him, you had to have a plan and that plan, had to include sitting the entire year because he needed to broken down and rebuilt completely from scratch.  They need to take the traits that they were attracted to and build him up based on those traits.  How on earth they saw a finished polished product, is ******* mind boggling and probably the most damning knock on JD right now. Dude was an absolute mess and nothing he did in college translated. This raw not ready rookie QB w/ Rookie HC and wet behind the ear coordinator's, was stupid.  Straight up, stupid.  

All that said, while everything we talked about in the offseason has come to  fruition, I think it's still too early to do a victory lap, on any of these young QB's.  This team is god awful and I dont think you can look at QB's in a vacuum.  Situations matter and this was the worst possible situation for Zach Wilson.

I'm not saying this team is great or that the coaching staff is great. I'm also not saying that Zach deserves all of the blame for 1-5. I'm saying that he's not even consistently competent at the basics. Even when the subpar coaches and teammates actually get things right, he's dirting balls or missing the right reads.

As I said earlier, blame everyone else for 1-5, but at some point it's got to be on him that he is not there mentally and not able to throw on schedule consistently. These were flaws we saw in him months before the draft, and had to eat downvotes and be talked down to for our opinions. For that only, I am taking a victory lap. Of course I hope he turns it around. At the end of the day, the only name that matters to me in relation to this team is the one on the front of the jerseys. 

Also, not enough data yet, but the "Mahomes Effect" might not be the positive descriptor that it is intended to be. 

• Upvote 1