Is this a bad year to pick #1 overall?

I doubt we'll pick #1 overall, but it's possible. As for is it a bad year, I would say that there are some really good players that would all help the jets really well, but due to the lack of a lock for #1, it's possible we could get any target player in up to to 5

1 minute ago, Hex said:

I doubt we'll pick #1 overall, but it's possible. As for is it a bad year, I would say that there are some really good players that would all help the jets really well, but due to the lack of a lock for #1, it's possible we could get any target player in up to to 5

If Zach is out for the year, you don't think we're the favorites to pick #1 overall?

1 minute ago, artemusclyde said:

Good year to need an edge. Thibondeaux and Hutchinson are both edges that will go in the top 5.

If we go 1-16 three good things might happen:

1. we get Thibodeaux 

2. Saleh, Lefleur and JD all get fired black Monday

3. We move on from Zach

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Zach is out for the year, you don't think we're the favorites to pick #1 overall?

Jets are actually a winless team.

Titans game was a mirage.  If Julio and AJB played, Tanne isn’t sacked 7 times and they win by double digits…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Jets are actually a winless team.

Titans game was a mirage.  If Julio and AJB played, Tanne isn’t sacked 7 times and they win by double digits…

The Jets barely beat the Titans with no WRs

They are the worst team in the NFL. Period.

45 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We could be, but there are a lot of other crappy teams out there that could contend. JAX is getting better, so I doubt they will be favorites. Lions seem to be getting worse each week, Texans suck without Tyrod Taylor, and if the fins don't change something, whether it be QB or something else, they could contend for #1. We face the Jags, Texans, and the Dolphins twice this season, I think some of those will be winnable. A big issue with this game was the defense sucked.

• Upvote 1

I'd argue that this is a good year for a team that just drafted a QB to pick #1. You get Myles Garrett feedback on Kayvon Thibodeaux..... a rotation of him, Carl Lawson, and JFM on the edge could be deadly. Couple that with the interior pressure from Quinnen and the defensive potential could go through the roof.

If somehow we came away with Thibodeaux and Lindenbaum, the trenches could be well on their way.

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I'd argue that this is a good year for a team that just drafted a QB to pick #1. You get Myles Garrett feedback on Kayvon Thibodeaux..... a rotation of him, Carl Lawson, and JFM on the edge could be deadly. Couple that with the interior pressure from Quinnen and the defensive potential could go through the roof.

If somehow we came away with Thibodeaux and Lindenbaum, the trenches could be well on their way.

If we get #1 overall, which is looking like a lock based on our schedule.  Thibs is an absolute no brainer 

Draft Thibs, sign Mitch Trubisky

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is there any star player that a team would trade a haul to move up for?  Or, as always, do things break badly for this franchise and there's nobody worth trading up for?

Well, nobody thought trading up to grab Mahomes was a good idea except the Chiefs so there is that.