Zach will be good, JD picking the right players, Stay the course

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This season was always going to be very rough.

It's like you guys that follow this team yet weren't paying attention to the plan.  Honestly, sometime it does shock me that people around here can spend so much time following a team - but have no real idea what's going on...

Guys, this year was ALWAYS going to be bad.  

JD's plan was to tear thing down to the bare bones and start over, it took him two years to get the rot cleaned out.  

For all intents and purposes we're an expansion team right now and that was by design.

You can like the design or not but this is pretty much what should have been expected.

No nothing like this was expected. Wins losses - that wasn’t the worry- competitiveness, development was the aim. This all gas no breaks bullsh*t was just - bullsh*t. Changes need to be addressed immediately and they still haven’t. It’s 10 AM the day after we just got destroyed by our arch rival by a pea shooting rookie QB. And nothing has been done. Unbelievable. The Browns SUCKED this bad for years BUT they held back no punches. They cut, fired and kept moving forward. It’s 10 AM and NOTHING has been done. GVR needs to be benched. LaFleur needs to be demoted and a experienced OC needs to be found. Put Matt Cavanaugh in as OC for the remainder of the year. Sign a vet QB ASAP. Wilson should not play anymore this season. What’s the point. This system is not working for him. He looks totally lost and is in harm’s way every game. Shocking he lasted 6 games behind this lousy OL. For the rest of the season, just play it out and get these kids more experience. Trade Crowder and Maye for picks and put Moore in the slot and Mims on the outside. Mims, Moore and Davis. That’s the starting WR lineup. Period. Stop ****in around and adjust or get out. 

• Upvote 4

Honestly, while I don’t subscribe to the whole tear it down and start over concept, I’m very worried about the coaching staff. They looked lifeless after a bye and even though Zach was doing alright in his drives the gameplan didn’t look like it was responsible for any success.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Wasn’t to me. I hated Zach as a prospect before he was a thought to the Jets. Honestly I hated all the QB’s in this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Trevor was ours up until week 14 last year with the fluke win over the Rams.  The fanbase had a meltdown and the owner and front office started convincing itself that there was a good qb in the draft not named Trevor Lawrence 

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Honestly, while I don’t subscribe to the whole year it down and start over concept, I’m very worried about the coaching staff. They looked lifeless after a bye and even though Zach was doing alright in his drives the gameplan didn’t look like it was responsible for any success.

Matt39 said they didn’t have a practice until this past Thursday coming off a bye.  If that’s true that’s shockingly dumb

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

It's like you guys that follow this team yet weren't paying attention to the plan.  Honestly, sometime it does shock me that people around here can spend so much time following a team - but have no real idea what's going on...

JD's plan was to tear thing down to the bare bones and start over, it took him two years to get the rot cleaned out.  

For all intents and purposes we're an expansion team right now and that was by design.

You can like the design or not but this is pretty much what should have been expected.

We pay attention to the plan.  Thing is - IT"S A sh*tTY PLAN. 

You can't give up all your decent starters and replace them with future dart-throw draft picks.  This isn't the NBA.

NFL turnarounds have happened in 2 or 3 years, unless you follow this POS plan.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

We pay attention to the plan.  Thing is - IT"S A sh*tTY PLAN. 

You can't give up all your decent starters and replace them with future dart-throw draft picks.  This isn't the NBA.

NFL turnarounds have happened in 2 or 3 years, unless you follow this POS plan.

Look, 

The only point I'm making there is - Like the plan or not (and it's clear you don't like it)  It was what was done and looking at this roster, this type of team is what should have been expected.

We have an impatient fanbase, and the sky is blue.

We were in such a horrible position when JD took over. Tear it down and rebuild it the proper way, which will take years. I've become a broken record on this: there's a reason he held out for a 6-year deal, because he knew this would take a long time to turn around. 

And I'll repeat my mantra for this season: rookie QB, rookie HC, rookie OC, youngest team in the NFL--we were always going to be bad. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Some of us have been yelling from the rooftops for some time, that, THE PLAN STINKS!! THIS IS NOT A GOOD REBUILD

You dont tear a team of all its talent, not adress key positions and put a young QB in to be ruined. Look around, this doesnt need to be this way. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Some of us have been yelling from the rooftops for some time, that, THE PLAN STINKS!! THIS IS NOT A GOOD REBUILD

You dont tear a team of all its talent, not adress key positions and put a young QB in to be ruined. Look around, this doesnt need to be this way. 

Personally, I liked the plan and still have hope - but I also expected to see a very bad team this year.  This upcoming off-season is everything.

But those of you that have recognized the plan and thought it was a terrible, you have every right to be pissed right now.  But again, you should have known it was going to be bad this year.  

There's no talent on this team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Coffee Is Great said:

What would you have liked to have seen done?

No, you address tight end. You sure up the line. Maybe in year one a servicable veteran starts the season. Maybe Zach works his may in mid season.

Maybe you don’t let some veteran leaders walk away. Maybe you don’t make a tactical decision that your entire coaching staff would be rookies (hc oc dc)

Maybe you don’t try to make safeties into linebackers. 

There is so many things this build screwed up on and now we are holding the bag art 1-5 and a very very bad 1-5 at that.

How do you shore up the line when no decent FAs want to come to a massive rebuild? We spent a first rounder on an OL in each of the last two drafts. Nearly every team in the league faces major OL issues yet half of this board thinks it's as simple as "JD should shore up the line". He added Moses, that was about all he could do. JD has proven he's not going to overpay for mediocre talent. TE could be better, sure, but that's a minor factor in us being 1-5.

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Zach Taylor started his career with the Bengals 6-25.  The Bengals are currently leading the AFCN at 5-2.

What does that mean for the Jets?  Not sure but patience is paying off for the Bengals.

Yeah, but the reason things seem to be working out for the Bengals is that Joe Burrow has the goods.

I'm not going to give up on Wilson but the "reasons for optimism" with the Jets are... Meh. 

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the smartest thread in this Forum in months.  Love Saleh, love Douglas and love wilson.  The night is always darkest before the dawn.

This team will be competing for a Super Bowl in 2023.

No, it’s always darkest in the middle of the night when the sun is furthest away from your present location. It’s around 11pm now in Jetland. Will definitely get darker still.

I am good continuing with the plan with JD, Saleh, and Zack - I am not convinced that LaPuke should stay, however. I am really only good with it, because if we get rid of JD, we are just a joke again and have to restart.

To be fair, however, that guard must be really bad if i can make the Jets D forget how to tackle and where to play :-).

9 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

How do you shore up the line when no decent FAs want to come to a massive rebuild? We spent a first rounder on an OL in each of the last two drafts. Nearly every team in the league faces major OL issues yet half of this board thinks it's as simple as "JD should shore up the line". He added Moses, that was about all he could do. JD has proven he's not going to overpay for mediocre talent. TE could be better, sure, but that's a minor factor in us being 1-5.

You are right so we will give vAn rotten a 3 year deal and Draft mediocre talent

recipe for disaster 

13 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Explain Feeney!

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Zach Taylor started his career with the Bengals 6-25.  The Bengals are currently leading the AFCN at 5-2.

What does that mean for the Jets?  Not sure but patience is paying off for the Bengals.

And that was after years of being a perennial playoff team under Marvin Lewis.

10 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Ok so he’s starting. Who’s fault is that? It’s not like we couldn’t see this from a million light years away. 

It is not like they didn’t try to replace him. Lewis retired, Clarke almost died. Not necessarily the greatest replacements but it is not like JD was chilling expecting GVR to start. I think he was meant as depth

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, undertow said:

The fanbase and organization was scared of passing on another elite QB so they panicked bought into media hype and drafted J.P. Losman with the number 2 pick.

This is wrong on so many levels....

I can't even.

First, If you think Zach Wilson is the problem you're really not paying attention.  The Jets were down 14-0 - where the offense had run three plays - where Zach handed the ball off-twice and got sacked from an unblocked rusher....

Second, he's played 5 games and a quarter...on probably the worst roster in the NFL - and was showing clear progress yesterday before he got hurt.  2 of his three first drives he put the team in position to score.

Third, pancked? What would the Jets record be with Sam Darnold right now?

JP Lossman? What the F does he have to do with Zach Wilson?