It is imperative we lose every game that Zach Wilson misses!

Yes, we are back to this kind of fandom again.  But fans calling for Nick Foles and we should be going all in to win games right now is the dumbest take out there.  

I would like us to be more competitive, but losing every game Zach misses is the goal.  There are some studs in this upcoming draft and we are still in that mold that we need great players taken high in the draft.

2023 we will be competing for a Super Bowl.  But right now, draft position is important.  We must lose every game Zach misses!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 9
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, we are back to this kind of fandom again.  But fans calling for Nick Foles and we should be going all in to win games right now is the dumbest take out there.  

I would like us to be more competitive, but losing every game Zach misses is the goal.  There are some studs in this upcoming draft and we are still in that mold that we need great players taken high in the draft.

2023 we will be competing for a Super Bowl.  But right now, draft position is important.  We must lose every game Zach misses!

i would like to see what White does. if he sucks then we lose anyway. but he just might be better than Wilson. we should at least see what he is.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

i would like to see what White does. if he sucks then we lose anyway. but he just might be better than Wilson. we should at least see what he is.

If you watched any of the game white is not a good qb. His throws are very soft and slow compared to Wilson's. The one thing he had going for him is he did not have the jitters and he was completing easy passes but I am already certain this guy doesn't belong as a starter

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes what’s important is that we don’t play well and score points so as not to upstage the rookie QBsinability to okay well and score points.  What a sh*t show was going to go to my one game against cincy but told my buddies I’m taking them golfing instead.  Guaranteed much more fun and the commute is a heckuva lot better.  Tee off 1 pm so don’t have to watch a single live play of this nausea inducing game our team is playing.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

If you watched any of the game white is not a good qb. His throws are very soft and slow compared to Wilson's. The one thing he had going for him is he did not have the jitters and he was completing easy passes but I am already certain this guy doesn't belong as a starter

your right . i did see that. but if Zach is going to miss a bunch of games i would give White one game from start to finish. then we go to Josh Johnson.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

White may not be a viable QB1, but he gives us a better chance of winning right now, if only for his superior poise and understanding of the game.

• Upvote 3

This is the unfortunate truth, as much as I hate to admit it. Just like it made no sense to go out and win games with Josh McCown and Joe Flacco, the Jets as a whole gain nothing while winning with Mike White.

I will be rooting to win every week, but it's one of those situations where if we lose.... I won't be that upset about it anymore.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Your back to that kind of fandom. me personally i would love to see Mike White come in and play some decent consistent football . he actually did Okay yesterday other than sailing those 2 Ints which can be chalked up to not really getting any reps. He has the potential to be a game manager he made some very nice throws yesterday and at least got us away from the constant 3 and outs. IM NOT SAYING hes a savior or the answer but if he moves the football maybe Zach will take notice and learn this league is more about moving the chains than hitting on the big play

I see where you're going, but aren't some of you tired of saying, let's lose out for (insert player name here). Every year is a rebuild and we can't get it right, but teams like Cinn, Arizona are taking steps forward from their terrible seasons. We are taking steps backwards and it's only getting worse. 

I used to watch redzone and keep up with all the games. The jets have sucked al the fun of the sport out of it for me. I can't even watch a full game now. It was fun cheering on top players and watching some teams dominate, but I can't get a decent Jets team in my lifetime, and has made me watch less and less football. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

I used to root for losses on the basis of getting a good pick, but when your FO f*cks up the picks 90% of the time, it's not much fun to root for draft position.

So, apathy it is. 

This.

I don't trust JD/this organization to use the picks wisely anymore. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Top 2, Top 5, Top 10 picks have not helped over the past decade. Why should the imperative goal be to get more of those?

We need to see progress, development, a few guys who actually start to grow as players! A win along the way would be a good thing. 

When have the Jets ever tanked correctly in recent years?  The Jets always win meaningless games that move them higher on the draft board than necessary and it has cost them.  Wouldn't it have been better to have Lawrence now?  How did winning those two games last year, which some fans rejoiced and stated was necessary for "team culture," help this season?  The team won too many games in 2017 (by needlessly playing a VETERAN QB in McCown) and had to give Indy 3 2nd round picks to move up to draft a QB in 2018.  It sure would have been nice to keep those 2's and have Q Nelson and Leonard on this now rather than have those "feel good" wins vs teams like Jacksonville in 2017. If you tank - tank!  

Fans are idiots.  It's the one true constant.  If Jets fans had early career Romo or Warner they would want to lose those games since those guys suck and will never amount to anything.  Then they will complain whenever their 4-6 round draft picks are not Peyton Manning out of the gate.  This ******* place.  Let them play the games. 

14 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I think Mike White will be better than expected and may prove to be a pleasant surprise...more reps with the first team this week will help...I don't mind a QB with a soft touch pass either...more catchable and he seems to lead receivers well..I'm not seeing that from ZW.  

You must have missed the news.