Ira from Staten Island says the defense quit and Saleh is on the hot seat

T0mShane

ira's been a long time fan. i believe he was a ball boy for the team at one time.  but his observations aren't necessarily wrong.  if the team fails to show up and then seemingly gives up then it falls on the coach.  i think they did play okay until they didn't make the 4th and 4 play at midfield.  after that things just seemed to fall apart.  they weren't winning the game after staking the patsies to a 17-0 lead but they at least played a respectable game up to a point.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone who has listened to Ira over the years knows how optimistic he is, but he hopped on 98.7 this morning to report that he watched (from the upper deck) that the backside of the defense wasn’t even running to the ball and they couldn’t get lined up. He also reported that LaFleur’s offense is inflexible and designed more for a guy like Mike White (not Zach Wilson) and how ludicrous that is. His conclusion is that at this time next year, we’ll be talking about who replaces Saleh.

Why is this important? Because the Johnson bros are hyper-reactive to public opinion and think Ira is the chairman of Jets fandom. Watch this space!

Woody has already been scolded about tickets sakes once this year, I have to assume home games for the rest of the season are pretty void of Jet fans. Woody’s only hope is other teams travel well. Haha, I can certainly see a Iill fated knee jerk reaction if this continues. I’d assume they will pressure Saleh to remove LaFleur, If he refuses than who the he’ll knows? 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Woody has already been scolded about tickets sakes once this year, I have to assume home games for the rest of the season are pretty void of Jet fans. Woody’s only hope is other teams travel well. Haha, I can certainly see a Iill fated knee jerk reaction if this continues. I’d assume they will pressure Saleh to remove LaFleur, If he refuses than who the he’ll knows? 

There will have to be a fall guy if the season continues to go off the rails. Little Mikey may be that guy. They are going to have to make some type of statement 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

ira's been a long time fan. i believe he was a ball boy for the team at one time.  but his observations aren't necessarily wrong.  if the team fails to show up and then seemingly gives up then it falls on the coach.  i think they did play okay until they didn't make the 4th and 4 play at midfield.  after that things just seemed to fall apart.  they weren't winning the game after staking the patsies to a 17-0 lead but they at least played a respectable game up to a point.

Well if respectable is allowing the pats to march down the field every possession  and score except once the whole game while our own team is stuck in first gear, then I'm with you. 

As a Jets fans, we have seen some atrocious football, but this game has to rank up there in the top 3, maybe top 2. I think the Monday night game where the Jets were killing the Bears and Blair Thomas fumbles allowing the Bears to tie and qin in OT was worse because it was such a gut punch but this was just plain unwatchable. This game was the epitome of mailing it in. 

• Upvote 4

If this winds up being another 2 win season with no progress , empty stands , and humiliating, uncompetitive losses piling up …I don’t see how you don’t tear it down again and bounce JD and Saleh on black Monday . Saleh has been so bad that he is certainly getting into one and done territory. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

There will have to be a fall guy if the season continues to go off the rails. Little Mikey may be that guy. They are going to have to make some type of statement 

If there is a fall guy, which there very well may be, it will be the DC who falls on his sword. We have way more talent on that side of the ball for them to be playing this way. 

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

Can this team be torn down anymore than it already has been ?

I think with two first rounders presumably in the top 15 next year- the search for a new GM/coach should have already started. Woody should at least be taking the initiative to see what’s out there. A desperation call after yesterday’s debacle might actually be in play.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Can this team be torn down anymore than it already has been ?

Good point, IDK….my only thoughts are , JD hired Saleh , and Saleh seems to have put together the worst coaching staff top to bottom in the history of the franchise…firing assistant coaches that never should have hired to begin with and giving Saleh another chance to hire ? It’s just punting the problem …

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think with two first rounders presumably in the top 15 next year- the search for a new GM/coach should have already started. Woody should at least be taking the initiative to see what’s out there. A desperation call after yesterday’s debacle might actually be in play.

This is a good point. Coming to a team with 2 firsts and 2 seconds with Wilson could be appealing. 

It’s need to be a season veteran type coach tho

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

At a minimum, saleh should be called out for hiring an inexperienced OC just b/c he’s buddies with the guy’s brother.  That’s an obvious target for the media, how they’ve mishandled this entire new offensive personnel.  But what’s more damning for saleh is how bad the defense is.  That’s on him.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It's getting to the point where even an eventual Super Bowl cannot erase the stink of this team's history and my living through 40 years of it.

Good Lord I never thought about it like that but your right ..lol…we would need a Red Sox like run of 3 in 5 years after breaking the curse ..which isn’t happening…thanks for pointing that out 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This is a good point. Coming to a team with 2 firsts and 2 seconds with Wilson could be appealing. 

It’s need to be a season veteran type coach tho

But Zack stinks, no? I've actually read posts this morning where people are saying Mike White is better. This place has gone nuttier than the kook house in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

But Zack stinks, no? I've actually read posts this morning where people are saying Mike White is better. This place has gone nuttier than the kook house in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Never said Zach stinks 

but the Patriots just Beat us 79-19 in our two matchups. That’s kotite stuff 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone who has listened to Ira over the years knows how optimistic he is, but he hopped on 98.7 this morning to report that he watched (from the upper deck) that the backside of the defense wasn’t even running to the ball and they couldn’t get lined up. He also reported that LaFleur’s offense is inflexible and designed more for a guy like Mike White (not Zach Wilson) and how ludicrous that is. His conclusion is that at this time next year, we’ll be talking about who replaces Saleh.

Why is this important? Because the Johnson bros are hyper-reactive to public opinion and think Ira is the chairman of Jets fandom. Watch this space!

VERY WISE GRASSHOPPER Memes COM | Wise Meme on ME.ME

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

That's most likely scenario. Bowles made a career out of scapegoating coordinators. LaFleur has a foot out the door.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Is this like when you killed someone for reposting the thoughts of someone from redit?

Whats crazier is you can quote Ira

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Jolot said:

If this winds up being another 2 win season with no progress , empty stands , and humiliating, uncompetitive losses piling up …I don’t see how you don’t tear it down again and bounce JD and Saleh on black Monday . Saleh has been so bad that he is certainly getting into one and done territory. 

Not going to happen. They’ll make adjustments next year. Can’t see LaFleuer returning as OC. Demote him to waterboy or something.  They have to get Zack a QB guru and get an experienced OC in here. 

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's most likely scenario. Bowles made a career out of scapegoating coordinators. LaFleur has a foot out the door.

Yeah, but honestly he really never had a chance. He would have needed his Peyton   Manning, to even remotely pull this off. Giving him a lackluster line to teach zone blocking to, a project QB and a WR room who’s #1 is really a number two that drops balls more than he should wasn’t helpful. Add in the injuries and here you have it. Honestly I think Joe Douglas and Saleh hold much more weight for just letting this happen but historically the OC usually takes the hit in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2