Ira from Staten Island says the defense quit and Saleh is on the hot seat

T0mShane

Just now, Sellis92 said:

White looked better than Wilson yesterday.

Time to move on boys

What you saw from White (who I don't believe is a legit NFL starter) yesterday was the ability to make and complete simple short throws.  Anyone watching Zack has seen that for whatever reason he can't do this.  

• Upvote 1

Look we've seen defensive breakdowns for years even under previous DCs who became Jets HC like Rex and Bowles. It was one game against the best coaching staff in the NFL. They really made the Jets look bad on D yesterday on some plays the Jets defenders weren't even close to any kind of a misdirection play it seemed like most of their play calls were working with the Jets badly out of position. But we've seen this before and it was one very bad game. Let's hope they can fix it or at least improve. If not then we have big problems. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

This coaching staff says the right things. 

We’re going to elevate Zach.

We’re building a system to our players strengths.

Moore’s time is coming.

Imagine they actually delivered on these promises?

They’re stubborn and annoying…spouting cliches in their rah rah rhetoric…”they just need to execute “

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's the problem right there.  Joe Douglas tore this thing down too deeply, it was completely arrogant and unnecessary.  He has made us into an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft under the leadership of a rookie coaching staff.

No one does this.  His strategy cried out for an experienced coaching staff.  It's common sense.

We, literally, are an inaugural season USFL team.  Joe Douglas cannot be allowed to continue.  The trade deadline is a week from now.  I'm terrified what he'll do next.  Send Crowder and Maye packing?  It'll take the new GM four years to replace them.  It has to stop.

SAR I

washington_federals_1983-1984.png

21 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

No one has uttered the Woody Johnson party line more than Ira over the years.  The guy was humiliating himself by literally pretending Todd Bowles was a legit head coach for 4 years

If Ira is saying Saleh should be on the hot seat that’s alarming

Or, look at it this way. If Ira, whose been wrong forever, is finally a seller, we should back up the truck and be buyers.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Woody has already been scolded about tickets sakes once this year, I have to assume home games for the rest of the season are pretty void of Jet fans. Woody’s only hope is other teams travel well. Haha, I can certainly see a Iill fated knee jerk reaction if this continues. I’d assume they will pressure Saleh to remove LaFleur, If he refuses than who the he’ll knows? 

I've been telling myself that Saleh and LaFleur are rookies and they will will learn on the fly. But so far that doesn't seem to be happening.

At a minimum, I think the Jets need to let LaFleur and Saleh play out the year and then evaluate the situation. That said, I am skeptical that LaFleur will improve. If today were the end of the season, I would sign off on giving Saleh another year, but  with a new offensive coordinator. By season's end, all that that can change with just some signs of ongoing improvement. Unless that occurs, I think LaFleur will need to take a hike after the season is over.

I feel like that is always the easy thing to say when the Jets get blown out, "the team quit." and maybe it's true, but I feel like the Jets are a team with not a ton of talent on defense, and inexperienced coaches. Then they lost Mosley for the game who is the QB of that defense, didn't get Davis back, and had a lot of young inexperienced players out there who got destroyed by Belichick/McDaniels/Jones. 

Maybe they quit. The All 22 film will show that

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He spends a lot of money on the team, and he’s constantly on the radio speaking positively of the team, and he represents a demographic that the Johnsons love—older white guy with tons of expendable cash. He’s their dream constituent.

Older white guys with tons of expendable cash that they got through the sperm lottery and tax evasion.   There are actually older white guys who earned their money, pay their taxes, who despise Woody. 

1 hour ago, Jolot said:

Saleh missed big with his lack of response to BB going after Wilson’s knees yesterday…6 games in and he’s got guys like Ira and Ed calling talk shows calling for his head over it ..I get it those guys are just fans but it’s bad optics …I understand it’s not hockey you can’t send a 4th line winger out looking for blood ..but Salehs lifeless response even in the post game presser was unacceptable, you have to know the pulse of your fan base a little better than that …

I'd much rather see him do something to get a stop on 3rd down actually.  

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

What you saw from White (who I don't believe is a legit NFL starter) yesterday was the ability to make and complete simple short throws.  Anyone watching Zack has seen that for whatever reason he can't do this.  

White’s ceiling is probably average to just above average NFL backup.  Which is better than Wilson

• Upvote 1

The biggest problem with hiring a first time coach in this situation is that the team hasnt been good in 11 years with the exception of 2015. If Saleh was a proven coach it would be different. Fans would have a little confidence and more patience that with time things could turn around. The fans have wasted too much time as it is with not only losing but finishing in the bottom 5 every year. I said it yesterday and also for about the last 5 years. Its time for a drastic move to get a proven head coach. Whether that be tampering for Sean Payton or Harbaugh or someone else. Its time for the Johnsons to really go over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, section314 said:

But Zack stinks, no? I've actually read posts this morning where people are saying Mike White is better. This place has gone nuttier than the kook house in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

White is better in the respect that he takes what the defense is giving him. I really think Wilson forces the ball downfield to often and passes the easy play

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

White is better in the respect that he takes what the defense is giving him. I really think Wilson forces the ball downfield to often and passes the easy play

White came into a game that was a blowout.   If the Pats had game planed for White it would have been a shut out.  He was awful.  

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Wilson just doesn’t have the talent.  Yes he can throw the ball.  So could Jamarcus Russell.  There’s way more to playing qb in the NFL than being able to throw a nice tight spiral 50 yards indoors in a tshirt and shorts

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I said it yesterday and also for about the last 5 years. Its time for a drastic move to get a proven head coach. Whether that be tampering for Sean Payton or Harbaugh or someone else. Its time for the Johnsons to really go over the top.

The problem is, the Giants are going to get that guy because they always do.

They get Dan Reeves, we get rookie Pete Carroll.

They get Tom Coughlin, we get rookie Eric Mangini.

This is what happens when the Jets and Giants go HC shopping at the same time.  We need Woody Johnson to go nuclear, tamper with the Steelers or Patriots, and steal a great coaching staff and GM and player core from another team.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

The problem is, the Giants are going to get that guy because they always do.
They get Dan Reeves, we get rookie Pete Carroll.
They get Tom Coughlin, we get rookie Eric Mangini.
This is what happens when the Jets and Giants go HC shopping at the same time.  We need Woody Johnson to go nuclear, tamper with the Steelers or Patriots, and steal a great coaching staff and GM and player core from another team.
SAR I

Yea absolutely. This is literally the only solution.

3 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

Ok. Rex was also better than Mangini.

Listen,  Rex was great with an experienced, veteran team that was stout on defense and had a strong rushing attack.

He was awful when that team needed a rebuild.  Just awful.  He's not the guy we need right now.

SAR I

So if Saleh is fired, who is the coach next year?

I'm tired of getting the soup du jour coordinator who has never been a head coach before. Been there, done that numerous times at this point. It rarely works.

If it were me, I'd go for Harbaugh or maybe the Notre Dame coach.  We need a statement hire.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I'm tired of getting the soup du jour coordinator who has never been a head coach before. Been there, done that numerous times at this point. It rarely works.

If it were me, I'd go for Harbaugh or maybe the Notre Dame coach.  We need a statement hire.

Rex 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Listen,  Rex was great with an experienced, veteran team that was stout on defense and had a strong rushing attack.

He was awful when that team needed a rebuild.  Just awful.  He's not the guy we need right now.

SAR I

He got fired because the idiot owner refused to sign a Veteran CB in 2014 with over $30 million in cap room and Idzik drafted that crappy safety Calvin whatever over Brandon Cooks

Yes it must be big. You dont change culture with a mostly losing record DC first time head coach and a high school slogan.

Give me a god damn break. We aren't firing Saleh. He isn't on the hot seat. We can't keep playing musical QBs, musical coaches and musical coordinators. At some point there needs to be some degree of stability.

That said I just don't GAF any more about this team. I'm at the point I wish they'd move to London or be contracted from the NFL. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

I'd love to bring back Rex. But I think that's a tough sell right now. Many would see it as a step backwards.

And bringing back JD and Saleh after winning 3 games in 2 years is an easier sell?

Rex went 8-8 with Geno and trash heap bum wide receivers 

1 minute ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Give me a god damn break. We aren't firing Saleh. He isn't on the hot seat. We can't keep playing musical QBs, musical coaches and musical coordinators. At some point there needs to be some degree of stability.

That said I just don't GAF any more about this team. I'm at the point I wish they'd move to London or be contracted from the NFL. 

If the coaches didn’t all suck they wouldn’t keep getting fired

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Same here. I can count on one hand the number of times I've watched a Jets game from start to finish in the last three years. Frankly they aren't worth my time anymore.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

And bringing back JD and Saleh after winning 3 games in 2 years is an easier sell?

Rex went 8-8 with Geno and trash heap bum wide receivers 

You'd get no argument from me if they hired Rex.  I'm with you there.

And keeping Saleh is not an easier sell unless things turn around. In fact, I think JD may need to fire him sooner than later to save himself. And if JD stays then Doug Pederson likely becomes the front runner for the job.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look we've seen defensive breakdowns for years even under previous DCs who became Jets HC like Rex and Bowles. It was one game against the best coaching staff in the NFL. They really made the Jets looks bad on D yesterday on some plays the Jets defenders weren't even close to any kind of a misdirection play it seemed like most of their play calls were working with the Jets badly out of position. But we've seen this before and it was one very bad game. Let's hope they can fix it or at least improve. If not then we have big problems. 

What was the excuse for the Falcons game where they were without Ridley and we couldn't stop them in the first half? 

This defense has been bad all year but because our offense was also bad we didn't notice. The defense was never put to the test for 60 minutes because teams just shut things down late. 

15 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I always felt getting a college coach who’s won at a non traditional football school would be a good decision. Program builder, understands delegation, and has run the entire show before.

Kelly isn’t leaving ND and Harbaugh isn’t leaving Michigan.

Possibly take a look at Fickell from Cincinnati.