Ira from Staten Island says the defense quit and Saleh is on the hot seat

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

And it's not like the Patriots are even good.

This isn't Tom Brady we're losing to.

This Pats team is 1-4 with a -21 point differential in games where they aren't facing the Jets.

Imagine this defense against the Bucs or the Rams or the Bills...... or the Bengals next week. It will be ugly. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

So if Saleh is fired, who is the coach next year?

I'm tired of getting the soup du jour coordinator who has never been a head coach before. Been there, done that numerous times at this point. It rarely works.

If it were me, I'd go for Harbaugh or maybe the Notre Dame coach.  We need a statement hire.

Not Cobb salad and that’s good 

Just now, Matt39 said:

I always felt getting a college coach who’s won at a non traditional football school would be a good decision. Program builder, understands delegation, and has run the entire show before.

Kelly isn’t leaving ND and Harbaugh isn’t leaving Michigan.

Possibly take a look at Fickell from Cincinnati.

Or the guy from Northwestern. Fitzgerald?

7 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Give me a god damn break. We aren't firing Saleh. He isn't on the hot seat. We can't keep playing musical QBs, musical coaches and musical coordinators. At some point there needs to be some degree of stability.

That said I just don't GAF any more about this team. I'm at the point I wish they'd move to London or be contracted from the NFL. 

That’s how I feel. If they were prepared and gave a better effort and lost I wouldn’t be disheartened. But again I feel like a broken record “it’s the way they’re losing” that bothers me the most. I think my local high school team could have beaten the Jets yesterday. Definitely would have outcoached them.

And I just watch them on tv. Imagine those poor souls that pay to see this steaming pile of sh*t in person.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

You'd get no argument from me if they hired Rex.  I'm with you there.

And keeping Saleh is not an easier sell unless things turn around. In fact, I think JD may need to fire him sooner than later to save himself. And if JD stays then Doug Pederson likely becomes the front runner for the job.

The problem is JD is not good

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

While Saleh deserves a lot of heat, firing him after one season would be such a terrible look for the franchise. It’s still only 6 games in and way too early for hot seat talk in my opinion. 

This franchise couldn't look any worse right now. We are a punch line in Ted Lasso.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This CANNOT be true. If it is, Saleh should be fired on the spot. 

Go back and look through posts etc. first activities were from Thursday. Unless there was no media stuff Wednesday, but typically the practice week begins Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

While Saleh deserves a lot of heat, firing him after one season would be such a terrible look for the franchise. It’s still only 6 games in and way too early for hot seat talk in my opinion. 

I'm generally the patient one in this forum. But I really wanted an offensive minded HC to pair with Wilson (or any rookie QB). 

Instead we took a DC tough guy who had to hire either a reject OC or an inexperienced OC. HORRIBLE decision especially when the DC can't even put an average defense on the field. What is Saleh worth to this franchise? 

There are offensive minded geniuses in college that would be fun to pair with Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone who has listened to Ira over the years knows how optimistic he is, but he hopped on 98.7 this morning to report that he watched (from the upper deck) that the backside of the defense wasn’t even running to the ball and they couldn’t get lined up. He also reported that LaFleur’s offense is inflexible and designed more for a guy like Mike White (not Zach Wilson) and how ludicrous that is. His conclusion is that at this time next year, we’ll be talking about who replaces Saleh.

Why is this important? Because the Johnson bros are hyper-reactive to public opinion and think Ira is the chairman of Jets fandom. Watch this space!

Is Ira a member of the NY Jets Fan Advisory Board or something?

46 minutes ago, Biggs said:

White came into a game that was a blowout.   If the Pats had game planed for White it would have been a shut out.  He was awful.  

While I agree he was mostly awful,  Zack went down on the second possession.  While the Pats were up 14 zip, that isn't  a blowout but that is what the game became under White. 

55 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

He got fired because the idiot owner refused to sign a Veteran CB in 2014 with over $30 million in cap room and Idzik drafted that crappy safety Calvin whatever over Brandon Cooks

Rex got fired because he ignored the offense and spent every dollar and every draft pick on defense so as to perpetuate the myth that he was a defensive genius and guarantee him another coaching job when he got fired.  It worked.  It just f-cked us.

You need to better recognize your enemies.  Often they come packaged as attractive looking gifts.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone who has listened to Ira over the years knows how optimistic he is, but he hopped on 98.7 this morning to report that he watched (from the upper deck) that the backside of the defense wasn’t even running to the ball and they couldn’t get lined up. He also reported that LaFleur’s offense is inflexible and designed more for a guy like Mike White (not Zach Wilson) and how ludicrous that is. His conclusion is that at this time next year, we’ll be talking about who replaces Saleh.

Why is this important? Because the Johnson bros are hyper-reactive to public opinion and think Ira is the chairman of Jets fandom. Watch this space!

So we have a 4 page thread discussing the opinions of an old man from Staten Island who spends most of his life waiting on hold after calling in to multiple radio shows.  Jets fans are just as beaten down as the franchise is. 

57 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Give me a god damn break. We aren't firing Saleh. He isn't on the hot seat. We can't keep playing musical QBs, musical coaches and musical coordinators. At some point there needs to be some degree of stability.

Under normal circumstances I might agree with you.  But because of the depths of futility that Joe Douglas has made of this roster, no rookie coaching staff can possibly cut it.  Someone like Mangini was a Band Aid on Edwards.  What's going on here would take artificial limbs and years of surgery. 

The roster dictates that Robert Saleh cannot succeed here.  Every consecutive loss and lack of preparation and lack of effort affirms this.  It's not his fault.  But he's got to go.  We need an experienced surgeon.  First Aid isn't going to cut it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

And when I heard Saleh say that he doesn't need to motivate professional football players, all I could think if Ray Handley who had the same refrain.  Newsflash, you do need to motivate guys. That's what a HC does!

And he inherited a Super Bowl champion roster