Ira from Staten Island says the defense quit and Saleh is on the hot seat

T0mShane

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

We just went through 2 season with key players injured, one where JD was in charge. At this point if the team doesn't  think they need a backup plan for someone like Mosley who spemt one year injured and another om his couch, then JD is dumber that I thought. There is no excise at this point.  

he did have Jarrad Davis but hes out.

what did you expect with a team with so many holes and we spent the top 4 picks on offense.? and if i recall correctly this whole board love it. we all knew the defense would be bad and with injuries we just got exposed.

and i see on another thread more people want to use the top couple of picks on more offense. we cant keep neglecting the defense.

if he would have picked a LB in the 2nd rd instead of Moore you all would have lost your minds.

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This team can't improve if we are constantly trading away our best players.  The entire point is to keep your best players and go get more.

The Jets and this perpetual 6 year rebuild have programmed us to get excited about getting rid of the little talent we have for f-cking draft picks.  I'm done with it.

SAR I

Who are these best players you speak of? 

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

Rex's actions and politicking led to a domino effect that put us where we are today.

Had he made Tannenbaum have a balanced draft of offensive and defensive players, had he got some receivers for Sanchez, and had he retained Schottenheimer, things might have been good.  But by scapegoating those three and sticking to his 'only defense matters' ways, it led directly to Idzik and Sporano and Smith which led to Maccagnan and Gase and Douglas and Saleh, these things are all interconnected.  Just on QB decisions alone, there were so many good ones to choose from over the last few years when in position to take one, if the men picking were better than the ones we had we might have gotten Mahomes or Watson or Jackson.  Multiply that by 100 for all the position players too.  Multiply that by 10 for all the coaches too.

SAR I

Alright, I blame Weeb for Rex. I blame Parcells for Groh and Herm.

See how that works.

The Jets lost the AFCC to Pittsburgh because they couldnt stop the run.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201101230pit.htm Sanchez had a better night than Ben. 

The Jets lost the AFCC to Indy because they couldnt stop Manning.  Cotchery and Edwards each had over 100 yards receiving,

20 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

No there doesn't. This year was always all about getting Zach valuable reps and experience. 

Yes, there does. Zach is on the sidelines getting experience with medical treatment and the trainers. OL sucks and the play calling is worse. Not the kind of valuable reps you want.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

he did have Jarrad Davis but hes out.

what did you expect with a team with so many holes and we spent the top 4 picks on offense.? and if i recall correctly this whole board love it. we all knew the defense would be bad and with injuries we just got exposed.

and i see on another thread more people want to use the top couple of picks on more offense. we cant keep neglecting the defense.

if he would have picked a LB in the 2nd rd instead of Moore you all would have lost your minds.

This doesn't  mean you have to draft a guy with a high pick but i can't  even remember the name of the guy who replaced Mosley. Avery Williamson and Nevle Hewitt are both gone. Boy could we have used them Sunday

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This doesn't  mean you have to draft a guy with a high pick but i can't  even remember the name of the guy who replaced Mosley. Avery Williamson and Nevle Hewitt are both gone. Boy could we have used them Sunday

i remember this board having a discussion about the new defense they were running and how the LBs didn't fit the system.

remember Mosley had to lose weight to be quicker to get to the outside. maybe those guys didn't fit the system.

9 hours ago, freestater said:

Shame on all of you who didn't want McCarthy. 

Shame.

There is a bias against the obvious choice -- everyone wants to be seen as clever -- but sometimes the obvious choice is obvious because it is the correct one.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

i remember this board having a discussion about the new defense they were running and how the LBs didn't fit the system.

remember Mosley had to lose weight to be quicker to get to the outside. maybe those guys didn't fit the system.

Oh for Gods sake, does it ever stop? There are no excuses like that for backups. If they fit the system or not, the guys I mentioned could not have possibly played worse than whoever it was we put out there. How many times did they run up the middle for big gains, how many times did they run the same screen pass play to the same guy and we never stopped it.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Damned right.  The genius Jets Illuminati are always wrong.  Every player they want gone, every coach they want gone, every GM they want gone, we always get worse as a result.

Our ownership reads this stuff, takes it seriously.  Dumb Jets fans are literally putting us in the ground.

SAR I

I blame the NY Jets Fan Advisory Board.

Scary part/situation, is again after the bye and 2 weeks off, and the team doesn't even show up! That's on the head coach and his picked coaching staff. And from watching this, there doesn't seem to be a good pattern of decent competitive football out of this team, and again, this falls on the head coach. Also, this Joe Douglas should not get a pass either. I mean, what really has he done and accomplished in his -  2 1/2 years here as the GM?

What?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Simo said:

Scary part/situation, is again after the bye and 2 weeks off, and the team doesn't even show up! That's on the head coach and his picked coaching staff. And from watching this, there doesn't seem to be a good pattern of decent competitive football out of this team, and again, this falls on the head coach. Also, this Joe Douglas should not get a pass either. I mean, what really has he done and accomplished in his -  2 1/2 years here as the GM?

What?

JD's been good at this..

Demolition Kunming City GIF - Demolition Kunming City Yunnan GIFs

• Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Then why are we attacking Saleh and JD?

Because they’ve been objectively awful at their jobs. Douglas has at least, I’ll give Saleh some more time but the signs are bad.

I think you understate just how had we’ve been. Andy Dalton’s Cowboys were still leagues ahead of the Jets over the last two years. We look like a team that has engaged in some sort of self sabotage.

McCarthy is probably garbage too but a truly great QB can elevate anything. Good coaches and organisations still find a way for the whole operation not to crumble into dust without one. Rex Ryan for example.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Because they’ve been objectively awful at their jobs. Douglas has at least, I’ll give Saleh some more time but the signs are bad.

I think you understate just how had we’ve been. Andy Dalton’s Cowboys were still leagues ahead of the Jets over the last two years. We look like a team that has engaged in some sort of self sabotage.

McCarthy is probably garbage too but a truly great QB can elevate anything. Good coaches and organisations still find a way for the whole operation not to crumble into dust without one. Rex Ryan for example.

where do I start?

Joe has does a terrific job at acquiring talent for our team. Drafting, FA etc..all signs point to unfortuante injury and poor roster construction he has steadfastly been fixing. Not to mention getting young new everything.

Cowboys has a much better team, at every phase and level. Andy dalton included. We did self sabotage - almost at eveyr level.

Rex Ryan did his best but if your measureing stick is are we the steelers, you are going to be disappointed for a few years. It takes time to buiuld a good org, Joe literally has been doing that. We are crosing the river and you want to turn back cause your getting wet. 

Paying our guys, drafting premium positions, among a whole host of other good things and you are like fire the guys buildign this team from the ground up. 

CRAZY 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

do you still want them after last night? and seehing what darnold is doing now.

Yes, I would be happy to have either coach.  Talk about reactionary when it comes to Kingsbury.  One close loss to a team QB'd by Aaron Rodgers isn't a good enough reason to jump off that bandwagon.  

And haven't you learned by now that coaching isn't the problem with Darnold?  No one is telling that dolt to throw into triple coverage, get tackled out of bounds for sacks, fumble into his own fullback, miss wide open receivers, mope after every pick or take intentional grounding penalties in his own end zone.  He just sucks, and no amount of coaching will ever "fix" him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Talk about reactionary when it comes to Kingsbury. 

The human mind needs to be trained to understand statistics and sample sizes. It is not innate or intuitive. Our species survived for tens of thousands of years by avoiding the bear or sabre tooth tiger through reflexive and reactionary behavior. The amygdala. 

• Post of the Week 2

On 10/25/2021 at 7:11 AM, The Crusher said:

Woody has already been scolded about tickets sakes once this year, I have to assume home games for the rest of the season are pretty void of Jet fans. Woody’s only hope is other teams travel well. Haha, I can certainly see a Iill fated knee jerk reaction if this continues. I’d assume they will pressure Saleh to remove LaFleur, If he refuses than who the he’ll knows? 

How do you know Woody was scolded for ticket sales?  I’m curious,  that’s the stuff that really matters.

On 10/25/2021 at 6:36 AM, T0mShane said:

Anyone who has listened to Ira over the years knows how optimistic he is, but he hopped on 98.7 this morning to report that he watched (from the upper deck) that the backside of the defense wasn’t even running to the ball and they couldn’t get lined up. He also reported that LaFleur’s offense is inflexible and designed more for a guy like Mike White (not Zach Wilson) and how ludicrous that is. His conclusion is that at this time next year, we’ll be talking about who replaces Saleh.

Why is this important? Because the Johnson bros are hyper-reactive to public opinion and think Ira is the chairman of Jets fandom. Watch this space!

Did SAR I write this for you?

On 10/25/2021 at 8:42 AM, oatmeal said:

The organization is now clown shoes and a  circus tent, Gase wasn’t rock bottom this is!!!!!

Anyone still defending this ball headed used car salesman idk what to tell you… 

And I highly doubt the EGO driven HC will fire his OC who is basically family to him, doesn't the handling of Mims and the 2 TE dominant offense stubbornness, show us this????????

I bought a used car from him.

83184495_JetsPlane-500px.gif.3f25819fc7cdfcf2677a5b6c34635d76.gif

• Haha 1