Ira from Staten Island says the defense quit and Saleh is on the hot seat

T0mShane

On 10/25/2021 at 9:10 AM, SAR I said:

Rex Ryan?  My lord, he's is what put us in the death spiral that lead to what's going on today.

Woody Johnson listening to the wrong voices.  He had a choice to keep Tannenbaum/Shottenheimer/Sanchez and get rid of Rex Ryan, or do the opposite.  So he kept Mr. Popular Foot Sniffing Ryan, we got Idzik/Sporano/Geno and that took us down for the next decade, a decade we're still stuck in.

We need an experienced GM and HC combo, something we haven't had since, well, forever.  The only thing more damaging than a bust QB is a bust GM.  And they've ruined us.  The hole that Maccagnan and Douglas have put us in is deeper than any in our history.

SAR I

I love the delusion here.  Even if you're right that Woody took Rex's advice and chose group 2 over group 1, do you really pine for the days of that group?

I'll admit Tanny targeted some good players but he traded away so many picks.  I remember there was one draft where the experts said it was "a deep draft". Belichick loaded up while we probably picked a total of 4 players.

Never thought I'd say this after the first 5 games, but LaFleur is not the problem. He has shown a good ability to call a game from upstairs. With 2 new OL'men on the team next year (Linderbaum, and RG), I think this offense with one more WR should be set for a few years.

It's now time to work on defense. After you pick Linderbaum in the first next year, you use FA to get your RG, and use the next 1st rounder for EDGE, or LB's that can play in Saleh's system. Then sprinkle in a TE, OL, and more LB's and hopefully we can have something. 

4 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Never thought I'd say this after the first 5 games, but LaFleur is not the problem. He has shown a good ability to call a game from upstairs. With 2 new OL'men on the team next year (Linderbaum, and RG), I think this offense with one more WR should be set for a few years.

It's now time to work on defense. After you pick Linderbaum in the first next year, you use FA to get your RG, and use the next 1st rounder for EDGE, or LB's that can play in Saleh's system. Then sprinkle in a TE, OL, and more LB's and hopefully we can have something. 

I think this is right. 

who is playing defense next year?  we have DL and CBS.  Mosley at $17.5mm. That is it.  Jarrad expires. Maye expires. Joyner expires. Ashtyn is not good.   Sherwood tore his Achilles.  

maybe hamsah should go back to safety. 

The Jets are actually very talent poor, particularly on defense.  Saleh can coach. 

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Update: Ira from Staten Island called this coaching staff “a joke” and was particularly harsh on Saleh for not being able to motivate the team. 

The dude showed zero emotion last night, he was like a statue for 3 hours, arms folded no expression on his face. sh*t, give me Jon Gruden with some fire in his gut, I don't care who or what he hates, can he motivate people, make them afraid that they're going to lose their jobs because they are getting walked all over? Joe Douglas was getting calls for Mims on trading day and he laughed at them and hung up, that kid SHOULD have been traded, now, he should be CUT!. The defensive coordinator should be fired too. It was nice of Troy Aikmen to go through the litany of good things that the Jets are building upon, unfortunately there is only 1 aspect of this team that plays with any kind of consistency and emotion and that's the Special Teams.

Mostly though, it just makes me sad to see THE reason that there was renewed interest in the team get taken out like that. I watched it happen to Namath for years Chad, Sanchez and the long line of losers from the past decade and when it finally looks like the sun might have shone on the Jets for once, the kid gets injured.

43 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Simply the biggest reason to bring Saleh here  was that he would have a kick ass defense. They looked passive and unprepared. Colts have a good OL, but last night was beyond inexusable. It's beyond talent, the effort wasn't there at all. 

Dead on.   Even if you don't have a perfect group on defense, you should not look like they did last night.  Big gains all over the field by Indy in both the running and passing games.  Indy O line massacred our D line.  In my 60s, I could have run through those holes.  Embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Dead on.   Even if you don't have a perfect group on defense, you should not look like they did last night.  Big gains all over the field by Indy in both the running and passing games.  Indy O line massacred our D line.  In my 60s, I could have run through those holes.  Embarrassing.

Yeah no kidding if your defense is limited you should at least be able to focus on stopping one or the other and forcing your opponent to beat you one way. The Colts stampeded over and air bombed us at will.

• Upvote 1