Zach Wilson is awful

Snell41

Zach Wilson was good yesterday prior to getting injured.

I'm not even sure what game you guys were watching - unless it's with your anti-zach glasses...

You've all been asking to see progress and you got it yesterday ----- drove the field twice, threw screen passes, took some short passes, but also made some nice throws...

If you believe what Mike White did is how you want our QB's to play then I don't know what to tell you..

Well, at least I do know why we view things so differently.  I think that offense that was on the field yesterday after ZW is the exact opposite of how you win in today's NFL.  I really think it's gotten to a point with so many of you of just having a QB that kills the clocks but doesn't score points is better.  Rather than going to through some real growing pains with a QB that has potential to be a star.

The offense did not look better with Mike White, the offense did not look smoother with Mike White, the offense was not more productive with Mike White...

It's like ZW went down and I could have started writing the threads before Mike White even played.  Two int's and dinks while being down 30 points and I'm hearing how smooth the offense looked.  You guys sometimes need to actually read what you're writing and not just say things out of some desire to be proven right about your newly drafted QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Between you and actionZachtion I’m not sure which one of you is actually his mom. “Wow and flash plays bruh, raw talent bruh”. Zach sucks. What’s blatantly obvious is Zach has no clue what he’s doing out there. He has no idea how to read and react to an NFL defense. None.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Do you not think it's a tad premature to write the kid off after 5 games? 

With QBs you can't say for sure until their second year. I watched the start of the game yesterday and Wilson made some nice throws before his injury. I personally feel he's trying too hard (similar to Mahomes at the moment). This break will do him good

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hmm.

I have a feeling you have no idea  who Snell is (not the poster), so maybe take a break today. Your boy has SUCKED so far. 

Deal with it. 

20211025_132704.jpg.3987d923821bb2c918918c8976b59ba5.jpg

Fine with me.  

You guys are so emotional.  D gives up 14 and the heat kicks up on the QB right away.  And that doesn't register as a "hmmmm" moment? 

I'll take a nice long break.  .  

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

My theory ? Could the kid be totally over working himself ? Maybe this Injury is a blessing to let him calm down get a little rest for the arm and come in fresh in 2-4 weeks.

I just said the same thing before reading your post. Completely agree. He's been anointed the savior by a fanbase who is DESPERATE for a turnaround, that has the most critical media in the entire league. 

I get the feeling he's so desperate to please that he's pressing. 

It could also be a negative in the sense that he wants to prove how great he is and is putting that above the team. Hard to tell. Either way the rest would benefit him you would think.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I just said the same thing before reading your post. Completely agree. He's been anointed the savior by a fanbase who is DESPERATE for a turnaround, that has the most critical media in the entire league. 

I get the feeling he's so desperate to please that he's pressing. 

It could also be a negative in the sense that he wants to prove how great he is and is putting that above the team. Hard to tell. Either way the rest would benefit him you would think.

Please tell your step son to lobby management to fire LaFleur and replace him with an A-level OC.   Thank you.  Regards to your lovely wife as well.

EDIT:  @defensedoesntgetyoulaidOops.  Thought I was responding to the poster "Zack's Step Dad".   My post must sound nuts.  lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Why?

Awful doesn't mean forever.  But, he's certainly awful right now.  Hopefully he can get better.  What's debatable is, will he.  But, there's really no reasonable explanation of Zach Wilson right now other then terrible.

I don’t mean he isn’t awful. But the bust stuff is entertaining. I admit he’s been awful.

5 hours ago, Snell41 said:

There’s a LaFleur thread, Saleh thread, Douglas thread…. Figure there might as well be an honest one about Zach. The kid is awful. Maybe a year or two sitting so he can learn the basics of football would’ve helped, but he has no business being a starting NFL QB right now. Faster we move on from this disaster the better.

that's pretty silly.  nothing wilson did lost this game.  he started to get in rhythm before he was injured and you just can't say he wouldn't have continued to do better as the game went on.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

That's where I'm at too, not sure how good or bad he is yet but damn he's a freaking mess out there. Kid runs around like a chicken with his head cut off and yes made couple nice plays but him and LaFleur looks like they are trying to dance while listening to two different songs.

Offense just looked smoother with White, of course White is nothing special but he looks better suited for what LaFleur is trying to do. I just think LaFleur has a super light grasp on this offense and has zero adaptibility. Madness Joe Douglas or Salah couldn't imagine this could happen. Seems like sh*t for brains between those too. 

I was personally attacked and called a troll for suggesting this...must be because youre fat and lovable. 

• Haha 2

I just finished watching some of his highlights the kid made some throws this season that not many players can make. He obviously has the jitters but to write him off 6 games in without his starting left tackle is a bit crazy imo. He has talent he just needs to calm down and let the game slow down around him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I just finished watching some of his highlights the kid made some throws this season that not many players can make. He obviously has the jitters but to write him off 6 games in without his starting left tackle is a bit crazy imo. He has talent he just needs to calm down and let the game slow down around him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Please post the throw he made that not many other players can make. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ultraJETfan said:

This thread is a joke. It's the coaching without a doubt. I find it hard to believe that if Zach was on the Pats that Belichick wouldn't have Zach looking like an absolute stud because he would actually, ya know, do what a coach does and create a gameplan that caters to his strengths and stays away from his weaknesses instead of trying to implement some bullsh*t offensive system that they don't even know if it works or not. Clearly it doesn't.

Yes, it's the coaches teaching Zach to throw one-hoppers to receivers 7 yards away.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson was good yesterday prior to getting injured.

I'm not even sure what game you guys were watching - unless it's with your anti-zach glasses...

You've all been asking to see progress and you got it yesterday ----- drove the field twice, threw screen passes, took some short passes, but also made some nice throws...

Exactly right. He put them in position to score on 2 of his 3 drives. And the first drive was the ghastly run run sack, not his fault. I think some of the complaints about Zach are on auto-pilot now. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

I have a novel idea, since Mimms sucks as a wide receiver and our tight ends are pathetic. Maybe we pull some magic out of Walt Michael’s playbook and line Mimms up as a TE ala Jerome Barkum and maybe we win a jump ball or 2 for a first down or heavens forbid a touchdown

Mimms sucks as a wide receiver? 

7 hours ago, Sellis92 said:

Lawrence was the only talented qb coming out last year.  

It’s incredible how the media has re-shaped the NFL.  Now it’s a “qb league” and if you don’t have a franchise top 5 qb you suck.  So then every April becomes a national obsession over discovering the next Brady or Manning and every idiot like Chris Simms or whatever starts acting like they know something 

Zach Wilson 15 years ago is a middle round pick.  If that.  Ditto for Fields who looks just as bad as any of the previous dozen Ohio State Qbs in the NFL

Meanwhile the 2 best stretches of football we seen from this franchise past 30 years.  One was with a journeyman veteran castoff (Vinny) the other was with a not good turnover machine qb (Sanchez)

While I agree the class was over hyped and many have been recently, you need a QB to succeed and win championships in today's NFL. You can't get by otherwise. You can't win an SB with a journeyman or a QB that is turnover prone anymore. The rules don't allow you to play great defense anymore. 

Dolphins fan here lol I had to comment because someone brought up Mac Jones compared to Wilson. I’m sooooo sick of the media drooling over Jones. Mac Jones imo is nothing special. Just your average run of the mill QB that’s in a friendly dink and dunk Patriots scheme with a good line. Wilson on the hand has a rocket launcher arm and elite escapability. He clearly just isn’t ready yet. Redraft right now still give me Zack Wilson. The big problem with all this though is everybody needs an Elite player NOW. No time to waste. These guys have no time to develop. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

Dolphins fan here lol I had to comment because someone brought up Mac Jones compared to Wilson. I’m sooooo sick of the media drooling over Jones. Mac Jones imo is nothing special. Just your average run of the mill QB that’s in a friendly dink and dunk Patriots scheme with a good line. Wilson on the hand has a rocket launcher arm and elite escapability. He clearly just isn’t ready yet. Redraft right now still give me Zack Wilson. The big problem with all this though is everybody needs an Elite player NOW. No time to waste. These guys have no time to develop. 

I just want you all to know that this Dolphins fan came in here and made the best post this forum has seen in years.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Pichula said:

Nothing jumps off the page? He’s made more wow plays in 6 games than any QB we’ve had basically ever. His escapability and arm is ridiculous. You’re impressed with Mac Jones? Did you watch the same game I did yesterday? I could have hung 50 on the Jets. 

and what is his WOW record? Right now, he is a loser QB, period.  That may change and I hope it does but for now, he is not good. 

• Thumb Down 1

1. Wilson has been awful so far by any objective standard. 

2. No player (not even Vernon Gholston, Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell) were busts after 5 games. Wilson isn't a bust and he may turn about to be a star.

3. Wilson isn't going anywhere anytime soon and if you think he is, you are going to be in for a loooong 2-3 seasons (at least). 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Snell41 said:

There’s a LaFleur thread, Saleh thread, Douglas thread…. Figure there might as well be an honest one about Zach. The kid is awful. Maybe a year or two sitting so he can learn the basics of football would’ve helped, but he has no business being a starting NFL QB right now. Faster we move on from this disaster the better.

You are the worst poster on this board. All you do is incessantly bash Wilson. GFY

I wanted the Jets to draft Justin Fields, so I am not a Wilson fan. However, the Jets organization has been proven to be an absolute expert at destroying and decimating any potential young QBs may bring to the NFL. If you are a young QB, do not ever, for your own good never ever go to the Jets, because they will make sure to engage you in practices that will debilitate your strengths and expose your weaknesses to the n power. And destroy your body in the process.