You make claims go get YouTube video from this game and post it.  I already know of a few plays that will make you look like a clown. 
The Jets aren't good and you can't put that all on a rookie a few games in.  I'll help you on the first three and out.   The OC is in over his head on those. 

Here you go pal: 8 seconds in RB staring back at him wide open for an easy 10 yard gain. 11 seconds see the WR 5 yards behind 2 defenders wide open for at least 20 yards. Zach makes either of those designed throws and he gets the ball out before the defender has any chance of hitting him. That’s common sense football, instead he waited for the opportunity to throw a “flashy” bomb into double coverage and got luck with a PI call.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s a LaFleur thread, Saleh thread, Douglas thread…. Figure there might as well be an honest one about Zach. The kid is awful. Maybe a year or two sitting so he can learn the basics of football

Nothing jumps off the page? He’s made more wow plays in 6 games than any QB we’ve had basically ever. His escapability and arm is ridiculous. You’re impressed with Mac Jones? Did you watch the same ga

He’s probably not the answer, but got to give him more than five games.    Nothing about him jumps off the page as a franchise QB to me. Mac Jones and Lawrence look to be the franchise guys fro

Posted Images

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am more than a little concerned with the ground balls on dump offs and the fact that he looks uncomfortable dropping back.  His fakes for play action are beyond pitiful.  The difference when Mike White stepped in was night and day. 

yep 100 % Mike White may not be the answer but he did look the part and seemed to have a good grasp of what was going on made some very nice throws as well. The two ints were just throws he sailed and with more reps in practice he should come out looking better next week. I would be happy if he comes out and manages the game well and moves the team because if he does Zach had better pay very close attention because then this falls squarely on him as to why this team on offense is so inept for long stretches of time which kills not only our chance to score points but it kills our defense as well

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Here you go pal: 8 seconds in RB staring back at him wide open for an easy 10 yard gain. 11 seconds see the WR 5 yards behind 2 defenders wide open for at least 20 yards. Zach makes either of those designed throws and he gets the ball out before the defender has any chance of hitting him. That’s common sense football, instead he waited for the opportunity to throw a “flashy” bomb into double coverage and got luck with a PI call.

Lucky? He’s been doing it all year. If he takes the check down we probably never score 

The kid has not been coached well and is not seeing the field.  Hopefully experience and better coaching will help him with that.  It is nice to have a great arm but if you don't know where to go with the ball it doesn't matter much.  Remember how much the offense looked last year with Flacco playing over Sam?  Had little to do with physical ability at that point in their respective careers.  Just when one QB saw the field he recognized the open receiver and made a quick decision.   When the other guy saw the field he saw blurs or ghosts and double hitched.  The game moves so fast the ability to process info at the necessary rate is very rare.  I have confidence in the kid's mental acuity but we did him no favors with green coaches and no seasoned vet to lean on and what we are seeing is the logical outcome to those decisions.  Hopefully some time off and a reboot in the offseason will be cause for improvement but i am certainly not as optimistic as I once was.        

I don't remember the date when similar criticism started with Darnold.   This time, I'll mark today as the date the waters began to significantly churn regarding Zack Wilson.  

Watching the kid play the last six weeks, I knew this was coming.   All the excuses in the book (HC, OC, crap receivers, Mims' head in the clouds, footwork, focused too much on a quilting project, etc.) don't explain why he looks so bad.  Not talking about complicated plays.  Rather simple short throw misses and just looking completely uncomfortable.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I don't remember the date when similar criticism started with Darnold.   This time, I'll mark today as the date the waters began to significantly churn regarding Zack Wilson.  

Watching the kid play the last six weeks, I knew this was coming.   All the excuses in the book (HC, OC, crap receivers, Mims' head in the clouds, footwork, focused too much on a quilting project, etc.) don't explain why he looks so bad.  Not talking about complicated plays.  Rather simple short throw misses and just looking completely uncomfortable.  

So, yesterday's disaster was on Zach Wilson?

This is the game the flood gates opened?

ha....

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, DrFrasierCrane said:

He’s probably not the answer, but got to give him more than five games. 

Nothing about him jumps off the page as a franchise QB to me. Mac Jones and Lawrence look to be the franchise guys from this draft. 

You and I could look like Franchise QB's if we got to play the Jets twice. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

So, yesterday's disaster was on Zach Wilson?

This is the game the flood gates opened?

ha....

He's part of it.  Okay, NE slammed us on offense.  Where was the Zack Wilson response?  Exactly.  There was none.

• Upvote 1
Just now, munchmemory said:

He's part of it.  Okay, NE slammed us on offense.  Where was the Zack Wilson response?  Exactly.  There was none.

Seriously?    I mean this honestly, did you watch the game?  

The Pats were up 14-0  after just three offensive plays from the Jets - in those three plays, Zach handed the ball-off up the middle twice and got sacked by an unblocked rusher...

The subsequent two drives he got the team into FG range (should have gone for it) and got them to the one yard line on the second drive.   Then he got hurt.

• Post of the Week 1
6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Seriously?    I mean this honestly, did you watch the game?  

The Pats were up 14-0  after just three offensive plays from the Jets - in those three plays, Zach handed the ball-off up the middle twice and got sacked by an unblocked rusher...

The subsequent two drives he got the team into FG range (should have gone for it) and got them to the one yard line on the second drive.   Then he got hurt.

Look, you want to give Zack a pass.  I'm fine with that.  But to completely exonerate the kid because NE played so well?  

Maybe if Zack and the rest of the offense could get their heads out of their collective butts, they could have actually slowed NE down a bit.  You know, complicated stuff like holding their blocks for more than a nano second, making one or two first downs, completing even a five yard pass, checking out of LaFleur's call to something else which moves the ball forward, etc.  You know, things a competent QB and team does.

2 hours ago, undertow said:

He was a chaotic mess before he got hurt.

That's where I'm at too, not sure how good or bad he is yet but damn he's a freaking mess out there. Kid runs around like a chicken with his head cut off and yes made couple nice plays but him and LaFleur looks like they are trying to dance while listening to two different songs.

Offense just looked smoother with White, of course White is nothing special but he looks better suited for what LaFleur is trying to do. I just think LaFleur has a super light grasp on this offense and has zero adaptibility. Madness Joe Douglas or Salah couldn't imagine this could happen. Seems like shit for brains between those too. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Also, Mac Jones is a solid pick. The only reason jet fans are bashing him is brutal jealousy because the Pats got it right and we may have screwed up again

Yeah maybe but other than beating the Jets twice he has won as many games as Zach Wilson. Once can make the argument he is in a modestly better situation with a better defense and a somewhat better coaching staff. Or maybe that's just my brutal jealousy talking. 

50 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Hard to argue that. I can't tell if he simply can't see the entire field or what, but he does leave a lot on the field. 

2 hours ago, Action Zachtion said:

There’s a LaFleur thread, Saleh thread, Douglas thread…. Figure there might as well be an honest one about @Snell41

The poster is awful. Maybe a year or two sitting and not posting so he can learn the basics of football would’ve helped, but he has no business posting about a starting NFL QB right now. Faster we move on from this disaster the better.

Hmm.

I have a feeling you have no idea  who Snell is (not the poster), so maybe take a break today. Your boy has SUCKED so far. 

Deal with it. 

20211025_132704.jpg.3987d923821bb2c918918c8976b59ba5.jpg

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That's where I'm at too, not sure how good or bad he is yet but damn he's a freaking mess out there. Kid runs around like a chicken with his head cut off and yes made couple nice plays but him and LaFleur looks like they are trying to dance while listening to two different songs.

Offense just looked smoother with White, of course White is nothing special but he looks better suited for what LaFleur is trying to do. I just think LaFleur has a super light grasp on this offense and has zero adaptibility. Madness Joe Douglas or Salah couldn't imagine this could happen. Seems like sh*t for brains between those too. 

I think some people thought he was more of a finished product then he is...not sure what he turns into but he's more of a project then initially thought and probably should have spent half the year or more on the bench....especially when the team as a whole including coaching staff is brand new.

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

In the medical tent?

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Look, you want to give Zack a pass.  I'm fine with that.  But to completely exonerate the kid because NE played so well?  

Maybe if Zack and the rest of the offense could get their heads out of their collective butts, they could have actually slowed NE down a bit.  You know, complicated stuff like holding their blocks for more than a nano second, making one or two first downs, completing even a five yard pass, checking out of LaFleur's call to something else which moves the ball forward, etc.  You know, things a competent QB and team does.

I really don't want to give Zach a pass on anything....

Well, this week I do - I don't know any other way to see it.  I guess he could have scored a TD on the second drive (1st drive he had NO chance...and I mean that literally.  Are you suggesting ZW should have audibled out of the first two running plays - that were scripted and worked on for two weeks?  Or are you suggesting it was his fault that a blitzed came at him untouched?

Because I will say, on the two subsequent drives he did exactly what you're saying...he did what was necessary, made plays with his legs, made creative plays like a shuffle pass, made dynamic plays like a 20 yard out - on the run..and made smart one like going deep to an open WR causing a PI in the end zone. 

Like him or not - that's how the game played out...he then got hurt.

I've said this over and over again, Zach hasn't been good but he was showing progress. clearly made some this week...He's on an awful football team, that seems to be lacking offensive coaching and talent...through 5 and 1/4 weeks of play and we have fans that have already called him a bust.  It really is just bizarre...

Just looking at this past game - Bottom Line...

The New York Jets were terrible yesterday and but ZW was the least of their problems....

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, undertow said:

I think some people thought he was more of a finished product then he is...not sure what he turns into but he's more of a project then initially thought and probably should have spent half the year or more on the bench....especially when the team as a whole including coaching staff is brand new.

Blows my mind that Joe Douglas and Saleh didn't come to this same conclusion. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, undertow said:

He is a project and - yes if should have spent at least the first half of this season on the bench. 

• Upvote 1

hey, at least justin fields sucked yesterday too! Makes me feel a little better that he threw more ints than Mike White did (Although white was only in for 3 quarters)

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In the medical tent?

He got hurt in the second quarter.  Maybe if Zack orchestrated a few drives, went with check down throws, recognized coverages and changed plays at the line, etc. he might never have taken those two hits.   

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

He got hurt in the second quarter.  Maybe if Zack orchestrated a few drives, went with check down throws, recognized coverages and changed plays at the line, etc. he might never have taken those two hits.   

Maybe, but I think a Patriot player was diving at his knee sooner or later. Only because he knew he could, 

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

Thank you for making my argument for me. We wouldn’t score because he’s incapable of making those basic common sense throws.

The reason he sucks at checkdowns is because his receivers at BYU always either got themselves open way out or he placed the ball perfectly when they were in coverage. He is realizing that throwing into coverage doesn't fly the same way in the NFL, so I agree with you that he won't go anywhere until he learns those other throws. Are they learnable? Yes. Will he learn them? I don't know, that depends on both him and the coaching staff.

4 hours ago, Snell41 said:

There’s a LaFleur thread, Saleh thread, Douglas thread…. Figure there might as well be an honest one about Zach. The kid is awful. Maybe a year or two sitting so he can learn the basics of football would’ve helped, but he has no business being a starting NFL QB right now. Faster we move on from this disaster the better.

People don’t like it when you pull the curtain back.

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wow, it is way too early for this sh*t. Idc how depressed you all are. 

Why?

Awful doesn't mean forever.  But, he's certainly awful right now.  Hopefully he can get better.  What's debatable is, will he.  But, there's really no reasonable explanation of Zach Wilson right now other then terrible.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, undertow said:

No question.

He's a much bigger project than I realized and much less accurate.

There's absolutely no reason he should have been the Week 1 starter based on what we've seen. I still cannot figure out why they didn't bring in a QB with experience in this offense. Like, just a Nick Mullens type who knows it and has looked competent in it.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Um just so your aware Fant is playing very well at LT and the OL have been doing their job and have been getting better by the week. They were in bad shape weeks 1-3 but have steadily gotten better every game since then

Run blocking is my concern.  I'd trade some pass protection for a real run game.   Or I'd accept it for what it is an throw first to set up the run and skip the first quarter of futility where they try to establish a run first attack.  

This thread is a joke. It's the coaching without a doubt. I find it hard to believe that if Zach was on the Pats that Belichick wouldn't have Zach looking like an absolute stud because he would actually, ya know, do what a coach does and create a gameplan that caters to his strengths and stays away from his weaknesses instead of trying to implement some bullsh*t offensive system that they don't even know if it works or not. Clearly it doesn't.

8 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

This thread is a joke. It's the coaching without a doubt. I find it hard to believe that if Zach was on the Pats that Belichick wouldn't have Zach looking like an absolute stud because he would actually, ya know, do what a coach does and create a gameplan that caters to his strengths and stays away from his weaknesses instead of trying to implement some bullsh*t offensive system that they don't even know if it works or not. Clearly it doesn't.

You are right, but he's not so this thread is perfectly fine.