Wilson out 2-4 weeks per Schefter

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, I'd put him on the shelf for the year.  Offense looked better with White anyway.

White did a nice job of taking the checkdowns and underneath stuff that NE was giving him with the big lead.  Which is pretty much what you want out of a backup. -- without the two picks. which came when he tried to push the ball downfield (if memory serves).   

Give White a couple more games -- will give us an idea if he is a legit back-up for the long term, but I still want Zach back out there when he is healthy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Lith said:

White did a nice job of taking the checkdowns and underneath stuff that NE was giving him with the big lead.  Which is pretty much what you want out of a backup. -- without the two picks. which came when he tried to push the ball downfield (if memory serves).   

Give White a couple more games -- will give us an idea if he is a legit back-up for the long term, but I still want Zach back out there when he is healthy. 

White is nothing special. Just better than Wilson which is saying nothing 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

28 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Blessing in disguise? Let the kid rest, learn, and take some time off this dumpster fire. 

I do feel bad for the WR corps and the rest of the team getting hit trying to win games weekly. 

This experiment isn't going well. 

You mean the same WRs who keep dropping balls and falling down on their routes?

I don't feel bad for them. F*ck them.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

This is great news.  I get a month off from watching this team and will be at the beach every Sunday.  The Jets will lose 4 games which is important for draft position.  Mecki Becton will be back so the oline will be improved.

I am looking forward to Zach returning in a month and really improving over the last 7 games of the year.  With Zach's improvement and Joe D killing it with our many picks in this upcoming draft, there is nothing but blue skies ahead.

Dont panic jet fans.  This is actually helping our Super Bowl run that is coming in 2023.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So did Zach in the Titans game. Are you saying you would expect Mike White to continue moving the ball and scoring touchdowns going into the next 3 weeks? That’s brave.

So far Zack pretty much sucks by every metric that matters.

Maybe it won't be the worst thing for his career, and our future, that he sits for a spell, especially coming back from a knee injury.

Unless you're a "we must now lose all games for the #1 pick" guy, which I know we have a fair few, if we want to see what we have everywhere else on O, we should maybe see it with at least a half-competent QB in there for a while.

Because Zack isn't that guy right now, no matter how much we wanted him to be:

32nd in completion %

32nd in Passing TD's

Worst in the NFL in INT's and INT %

27th in Passing Yards

He got a shot, he's been horrible.  Sit him, let him watch a while, try and salvage the kid.

Just now, Warfish said:

Maybe it won't be the worst thing for his career, and our future, that he sits for a spell, especially coming back from a knee injury.

Unless you're a "we must now lose all games for the #1 pick" guy, which I know we have a fair few, if we want to see what we have everywhere else on O, we should maybe see it with at least a half-competent QB in there for a while.

32nd in completion %

32nd in Passing TD's

27th in Passing Yards

He got a shot, he's been horrible.  Sit him, let him watch a while, try and salvage the kid.

No, I agree that he’s been awful aside from Tennessee. Whole offense has been awful. Hard to thrive in this mess. I just don’t think guys saying the offense moved better with White are correct in their assessments. The offense moved it’s best this season with Wilson against Tenn, White took his check downs and tossed a TD when we were already in the red zone after the PI. Dude gave it all away as soon as he tried to push it down field. White isn’t going to do better & neither is the offense. 

again, agreed on Wilson though. This is good for him. Let him sit and learn. Since everyone loves to bring up Allen. Allen got hurt in his rookie year, got to watch, came back better. Even Sam did that in Week 13. He might be the guy, he might not. Now isn’t the time to make that definitive call though.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Who is going to teach him? Hiring an inexperienced OC for a rookie HC and a rookie QB was a HUMUNGUS mistake and JD is going to have to answer for that. He should have stepped in when Salah was interviewing Lafleur and said "Wait a minute...let's think about this." 

Right, like we did with Greg Williams.

People that ignore history are doomed to repeat it. 

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

You want your back up to pad worthless stats and give you zero chance of a win? Lol 

46 minutes ago, BP said:

Maybe this will be good to let him watch a few games. 

These would be the first NFL games he's watched in his life without actually playing in them.  He should sit in the upper deck.  Let the fans fill him in on what it's like.  Let him understand how fans rooting for nothing but stops on third down in the last 6 years don't want to "MAKE SOME NOISE!!!"

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

These would be the first NFL games he's watched in his life without actually playing in them.  He should sit in the upper deck.  Let the fans fill him in on what it's like.  Let him understand how fans rooting for nothing but stops on third down in the last 6 years don't want to "MAKE SOME NOISE!!!"

SAR I

You would be a great father figure to him. You should invite him to sit in your prestigious, let me repeat that one more time PRESTIGIOUS personally licensed seats. You could tell him that and talk about bmws and how tailgating is terrible for a young man.

I think this is good that the load is lifted off him for a few weeks and he will have some time to do a self inventory so to speak. 

The best thing would be he sees White make a bunch of check downs and some break for big gains and he realizes the ball doesn't have to travel 60 yards in the air to be a big play.  

Hopefully time off the field will help Zach and take pressure off of him. Look we are out of it anyways I’d start White who wasn’t terrible yesterday and give him a conservative game plan. White went into the game well behind yesterday and put into a position where he had to throw on most downs. We have Josh Johnson too and he’s not that bad. Of course they’ll have to sign someone. 

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

32nd in completion %

32nd in Passing TD's

27th in Passing Yards

So far, Zach’s rookie season is eerily similar Sam’s.

Over hyped, off platform rookie QB thrown to the wolves on day one.

Team spirals out of control, and young QB looks lost.

1/3 into the season the QB goes down for a couple of weeks with a tough stretch of games looming.

We all cling to the hope “the break will be good for him, let him sit and clear his head…”

I swear, it feels like Groundhog Day. Sam took off the walking boot, came back, and showed us 2 1/2 more years of the same nonsense.
The only thing left at the end was the debate about was it the Jets who ruined him, or was he just never good.

If I had to bet money right now, I’d put it on us having the same debate with Wilson in two years.

All Gas. No brakes? All we do is spin our wheels…

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So passing for one is not getting a TD if you are a QB?

Yeah but that’s oversimplifying it. In 3 drives Zach put the team in position for 10 points, while for the entire rest of the game White only put us up for 6 points while turning the ball over twice. Good throw by White on the TD and he showed better understanding of the offense but he’s clearly less dynamic and capable than Zach.

• Thumb Down 1

Team doctors were optimistic and they were accurate. Get well soon Zach. White will take some lumps especially now opponents know he's the starter. This post will generate much interests during rehab. At least Zach will have his LT once he returns. I hope Zach learns that he shouldn't hold the ball as long as he does. He's fortunate he will return this year. It's unfortunate that I'm now tracking draft positions in October.

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The only thing left at the end was the debate about was it the Jets who ruined him, or was he just never good

Not saying you, but, people still running that narrative need to put the “Jets ruined Sam” sh*t to sleep. Dude got benched on an entirely different team. He just always sucked.

will that be Wilson’s case? Who knows as of today.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So far, Zach’s rookie season is eerily similar Sam’s.

Over hyped, off platform rookie QB thrown to the wolves on day one.

Team spirals out of control, and young QB looks lost.

1/3 into the season the QB goes down for a couple of weeks with a tough stretch of games looming.

We all cling to the hope “the break will be good for him, let him sit and clear his head…”

I swear, it feels like Groundhog Day. Sam took off the walking boot, came back, and showed us 2 1/2 more years of the same nonsense.
The only thing left at the end was the debate about was it the Jets who ruined him, or was he just never good.

If I had to bet money right now, I’d put it on us having the same debate with Wilson in two years.

All Gas. No brakes? All we do is spin our wheels…

You make too much sense, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yeah but that’s oversimplifying it. In 3 drives Zach put the team in position for 10 points, while for the entire rest of the game White only put us up for 6 points while turning the ball over twice. Good throw by White on the TD and he showed better understanding of the offense but he’s clearly less dynamic and capable than Zach.

White's lack of arm strength and mobility will be on full display on Sunday when the game starts and the Bengalss aren't playing 25 yards off every WR with a 35 point lead.

With Wilson being out 2-4 weeks, do the Jets put him on IR or keep him on the 53?

If he's only going to miss 2 weeks, they might want to keep him on the 53.

Personally, I'd give him time to heal and put him on IR and ensure he sits out at least the next 3 games. They should err on the side of caution and sit him as long as is needed.

White and Johnson can hold the fort (probably unsuccessfully) until Wilson is ready to return.

Kind of bums me out since he’s pretty much the only reason I’m watching anymore. Having said that, let him sit the full 4 weeks, hopefully Bechton is back, everyone else healthy, Mims gets some real targets and let him play out the string. He’s gotta play. It’s the only way the game will slow down for him. 

Oh and I never root for injuries but I hope we become the dirtiest team in the league and take out every single QB we play. Actually I hope every QB in the league gets knees chopped, that was such BS. 

• WTF? 2

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

No, I agree that he’s been awful aside from Tennessee. Whole offense has been awful. Hard to thrive in this mess. I just don’t think guys saying the offense moved better with White are correct in their assessments. The offense moved it’s best this season with Wilson against Tenn, White took his check downs and tossed a TD when we were already in the red zone after the PI. Dude gave it all away as soon as he tried to push it down field. White isn’t going to do better & neither is the offense. 

again, agreed on Wilson though. This is good for him. Let him sit and learn. Since everyone loves to bring up Allen. Allen got hurt in his rookie year, got to watch, came back better. Even Sam did that in Week 13. He might be the guy, he might not. Now isn’t the time to make that definitive call though.

PK, you and probably 30 more of us posted this exact same thing when Sam put on his walking boot 3 years ago. Now we’re saying the same thing with Zach.

Let’s fast forward to next Sunday and the 2-3 that follow. Switch out the names McCown and Falk for Mike White… we can regurgitate all our “see, it wasn’t Sam, look how bad we look now” stuff.

When one of the young QBs has “it”, you know right away. You saw it with Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, Mayfield, Herbert and Burrow, You saw the raw talent with Allen.

The, Darnold’s, Trubiskys, Tua’s, etc you know they don’t. The fact that people are even talking about Mike White running an offense as well or better than Wilson is scary… and telling.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

PK, you and probably 30 more of us posted this exact same thing when Sam put on his walking boot 3 years ago. Now we’re saying the same thing with Zach.

Let’s fast forward to next Sunday and the 2-3 that follow. Switch out the names McCown and Falk for Mike White… we can regurgitate all our “see, it wasn’t Sam, look how bad we look now” stuff.

When one of the young QBs has “it”, you know right away. You saw it with Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, Mayfield, Herbert and Burrow, You saw the raw talent with Allen.

The, Darnold’s, Trubiskys, Tua’s, etc you know they don’t. The fact that people are even talking about Mike White running an offense as well or better than Wilson is scary… and telling.

Yup eerily similar indeed. I don’t think it’s time to give up on him though. I like his talent a lot. I think he’s plenty salvageable 6 games in.

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is great news.  I get a month off from watching this team and will be at the beach every Sunday.  The Jets will lose 4 games which is important for draft position.  Mecki Becton will be back so the oline will be improved.

I am looking forward to Zach returning in a month and really improving over the last 7 games of the year.  With Zach's improvement and Joe D killing it with our many picks in this upcoming draft, there is nothing but blue skies ahead.

Dont panic jet fans.  This is actually helping our Super Bowl run that is coming in 2023.

The offensive line has been better without Becton.

Which is sad but true.

People are too busy watching highlight reel footage plays of him when he dominates a guy for a play or 2 and just turn on the blinders for his play during all other times.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1121273971_giphy(54).gif.b78a5a799015011d8700ec7dd8d166ca.gif