Wilson out 2-4 weeks per Schefter

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

It's really not the worst thing in the world. We are going to get systematically destroyed by the Bengals, Colts, Bills over the next 3 weeks.

Let Zach sit and come back against much more reasonably matched opponents in Miami, Houston, and Philly.

I am actually kind of curious to see if Josh Johnson makes Lafluer's system look better. And show that the rookie was pressing too hard to make the big splash play.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LOL, White had 1 TD pass (which was when he took over at the 1 yard line after Wilson completed a perfect pass to Griffin and helped draw a PI down the field. After that 2 INTs and zero TD passes against a defense playing prevent. 

He is better at dumping the ball off to RBs (which is probably something Wilson should learn to do more to protect himself)> 

They scored on 2 of his first 3 drives, didnt convert a 4th and 1.  The offense was better under White.   Not sure why this hurts peoples feelings, its just like, fact. 

Could have been a lot worse, and quite frankly, I think the silver-lining is that Wilson will get a chance to take a step back and study the game from the sidelines. It did wonders for Sam Darnold in his rookie year, and given Zach's uncanny study habits, I do think it can do wonders for him. 

If I'm the Jets, I'm playing it safe and holding him out for the next 3. Let him return against MIA and finish out November/December against HOU, PHI, NO, MIA, and JAX. Win or loss, those are games where the Jets won't be totally out-matched and it should result in some good performances to get his confidence up prior to closing out the season against the Bucs and Bills. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFapono said:

Yes really.  The offense was noticeably better with him in the game.  They scored on 2 of his first 3 drives and didnt convert a 4th and 1.  

After the PI that put them on the goal line? Good throw but hardly marched them down the field. Look, I think he did what he was supposed to do, took check downs, made some routine throws, I don’t think he looked better than Wilson against Tenn. 

that was the only semblance of a real offense we’ve seen to date

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

4 weeks from now I don't think you'll be saying the same thing.  But I do think there's a case to be made for leaving Zach on the bench longer than 4 weeks even if he's healthy.  Make sure Becton is back and playing well enough to protect Zach.  Make sure the OL in general is stable.  And bench Zach for the game in Houston since that's a potentially winnable one.  Since the season is over, we need the losses.

Why?  

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

They scored on 2 of his first 3 drives, didnt convert a 4th and 1.  The offense was better under White.   Not sure why this hurts peoples feelings, its just like, fact. 

Are you counting the drive where he had the ball at the 1 yard line as one of his drives? Because that seems dishonest.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Jets should, at this stage, sign a veteran QB asap, even a sucky JAGgy one, and start them the rest of the season.

Mike White is no answer to any question worth asking.

And Zack Wilson doesn't belong as a starter right now.  

The fact the offense looked far better (albeit not much more productive) when White took over says alot.

Play the JAG Vet, see if we have literally ANY pieces worth keeping, and sit (protect) Zack for the rest of 2021.

Rushing Zack back, on this team, with this line, with a knee injury, would be professional malpractice.

Whatever "gain" we thought we were getting starting Zack from day 1, that ship has sailed and sunk and an octopus took a dump on it.

If we're to salvage Zack from bust status, he needs to sit.

Credit to those who wanted to go this route from he start, they were right, I was wrong.

@jgb for example, was 100% right and I was dead wrong.

I don't want us to win any games while Zach is out, because I've retreated to my safe space i.e. "shelter in place" draft slot game.  But I don't want to stymie the development of our other young guys with Mike White at the helm so I think we should start Josh Johnson. 

He will at least allow our wideouts to run a full route tree.  No vet off the street is going to learn the playbook in a day, though maybe they could as the playbook really consists of two runs up the middle followed by taking a sack. 

Hopefully Becton gets back before Zach so he can shake the rust off and get a different QB killed first.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Does anybody trust the Jets medical and CS staff?

They’ll throw him back on the field too soon… and he’ll injure his knee worse, and/or get clobbered because he is without his magician-like escape ability.

Call me crazy but playing hurt might actually help him. Having a physical limitation like that will force him to play it safe and just take what is there, its hard to not rely on your talents when they are at your full disposal. 

3 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Call me crazy but playing hurt might actually help him. Having a physical limitation like that will force him to play it safe and just take what is there, its hard to not rely on your talents when they are at your full disposal. 

Actually, not crazy.

That is an interesting and logical point.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

White did a nice job of taking the checkdowns and underneath stuff that NE was giving him with the big lead.  Which is pretty much what you want out of a backup. -- without the two picks. which came when he tried to push the ball downfield (if memory serves).   

Give White a couple more games -- will give us an idea if he is a legit back-up for the long term, but I still want Zach back out there when he is healthy. 

I'm not worried about Mike White throwing picks in spot duty in his first ever live action on the road vs. Bill Belichick.  I watched Zach Wilson throw 4 vs. the same team just a few weeks ago and not score any TD's, at home and he's been taking 1st team reps since OTA's and I wasnt worried about that game either.  What I'm worried about is White looked to be in much more control.  The offense moved, he wasnt bouncing balls off the ground, he wasnt taking stupid sacks, he wasnt fading out of pockets and trying to do to much, he played within the offense, took what the D gave him and gave players the opportunities to make plays.  Just seems like everyone could benefit from a long extended stay on the IR, if you ask me.

He needs to sit. 

This is best case scenario injury wise.

This Coaching Staffs growing pains are ****ing him.

Hero Ball is killing him, Hero Ball is needed to win Championships but it can't be all you do. He needs to calm down and start hitting  routine plays. 

He needs to realize down 14 you don't need to default  to hero ball you can still use the routine plays to get back into the game.

The hyperbolic fans need to chill with the Zach Sucks and the coaching staff is completely unsalvagable stuff. It's early, there is plenty of time for everyone to figure their **** out.

However,  right now  Zach is flashing talent but not playing well overall. The CS are fish out of water. JD gets a F- on this IOL mess.

The Team is giving up.

This promising D is gonna play without Fire because the OC can't call a game and the IOL quite literally  can't block.

OC, IOL, TE are the biggest things hurting this team in that order.

F***ing Linderbaum in the first please.

20 minutes ago, Pichula said:

He took over at the 1 yard line then we scored on a 25 yard running play. Nice troll job. 

They had a false start, no?  And then he threw a TD pass?  I guess these things dont count?

Didnt they get down on their on pass interference call? 

lol

10 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

We are playing for Draft position at this point....

completely disagree, we have the youngest team in the league, these guys are not playing to lose, they are just finding their way in the NFL

staff has to adjust to the youth and plan accordingly

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mike White managed to score on a drive he took over at the 1? This kid is special!

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

After the PI that put them on the goal line? Good throw but hardly marched them down the field. Look, I think he did what he was supposed to do, took check downs, made some routine throws, I don’t think he looked better than Wilson against Tenn. 

that was the only semblance of a real offense we’ve seen to date

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Are you counting the drive where he had the ball at the 1 yard line as one of his drives? Because that seems dishonest.

lmfao - the Jets get to the 1 yard line on PI call.  They then have a false start.  Mike White then throws his first ever TD and these dudes are like, yo!!!!  IT DONT COUNT!

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

lmfao - the Jets get to the 1 yard line on PI call.  They then have a false start.  Mike White then throws his first ever TD and these dudes are like, yo!!!!  IT DONT COUNT!

No no no, your spin don’t work here. You’re giving him credit for a drive in which he had to gain 5 yards. He threw the touchdown, that’s great but the rest of work was from Zach putting pressure on the defense to get the PI and down the field. It’s the simple things tho. 

34 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I am actually kind of curious to see if Josh Johnson makes Lafluer's system look better. And show that the rookie was pressing too hard to make the big splash play.

Johnson is a pro. I think he will definitely bring stability to the offense. And could answer some questions about the offense. Luckily, the defense is so comically bad it won't impact our draft position even if Johnson doesn't elevate the offense. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

No no no, your spin don’t work here. You’re giving him credit for a drive in which he had to gain 5 yards. He threw the touchdown, that’s great but the rest of work was from Zach putting pressure on the defense to get the PI and down the field. It’s the simple things tho. 

lmfao - Zach gets credit for a PI but Mike White doesnt get credit for the TD.

You cant make this sh*t up.

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Jif has become a troll. It's a shame. 

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Jets should, at this stage, sign a veteran QB asap, even a sucky JAGgy one, and start them the rest of the season.

Mike White is no answer to any question worth asking.

And Zack Wilson doesn't belong as a starter right now.  

The fact the offense looked far better (albeit not much more productive) when White took over says alot.

Play the JAG Vet, see if we have literally ANY pieces worth keeping, and sit (protect) Zack for the rest of 2021.

Rushing Zack back, on this team, with this line, with a knee injury, would be professional malpractice.

Whatever "gain" we thought we were getting starting Zack from day 1, that ship has sailed and sunk and an octopus took a dump on it.

If we're to salvage Zack from bust status, he needs to sit.

Credit to those who wanted to go this route from he start, they were right, I was wrong.

@jgb for example, was 100% right and I was dead wrong.

It is sad when it is a shock when someone admits they are wrong on the Internet. You the man, War.

By the way, Minshew has been active for zero games for Philly… he might still be available…

• Sympathy 1