Wilson out 2-4 weeks per Schefter

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

wasn't the last 2 weeks suppose to be this whole reset, game getting slower thing?

man i want the guy to work real bad, but if he busts - taking a one year wonder out of a tiny school going to look real stupid in hindsight

Problem is that when the defense lays an egg like they did yesterday the QB has to be more than a guy that checks the ball down. The finer points of being QB should come eventually but with Wilson there is a possibility of him being more and better. 

Wilson played 3 drives and got them to the 1 and into field goal range. He did that by being better than the offensive system. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I'm 100% confident Zach Wilson is a better player than Mike White but the offense was better under White.  The guys are just ridiculous over the top ball washers of any little criticism.  It's absurd. 

Enough with this nonsense. The offense wasn't better. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, JiFapono said:

It had to be said, I assume he has my every post on alert or something.  Dude literally follows me around in every single thread, challenging my greatness at every turn.  He quotes, literally, everything I type.  He's like a little ankle biting dog.  It's bizarre so I can only assume he likes how my dick tastes.

Hey man if you associate your trolling lack of critical analysis with your dick go for it. But considering how you resort to name calling I’m gonna ahead assume you’re short on analysis and cock.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Enough with your nonsense, the offense was definitely better. 

You're either delusion or willfully misrepresenting reality.

From seeing your other posts I think it's the former. 2 INTS and a bunch of check downs in a blow out is better ?? 

Just now, kdels62 said:

Hey man if you associate your trolling lack of critical analysis with your dick go for it. But considering how you resort to name calling I’m gonna ahead assume you’re short analysis and cock.

Ummm, might want to check who started the name calling, amigo.

I'm actually quite surprised you're one of these posters.  Really thought more of you.  Oh well. 

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

You're either delusion or willfully misrepresenting reality.

From seeing your other posts I think it's the former. 2 INTS and a bunch of check downs in a blow out is better ?? 

I watched the game and the offense looked better while White was QB. 

I also remember the last time we watched the Jets. vs New England, Zach Wilson played the entire game threw double the amount of INT's and the team scored half as many points. 

Just now, JiFapono said:

Ummm, might want to check who started the name calling, amigo.

I'm actually quite surprised you're one of these posters.  Really thought more of you.  Oh well. 

Find the post where I did the name calling. Just look back your desperate little down votes to find it. 

I love you anyway JiF. 

17 minutes ago, Hex said:

The pats have one of the best redzone defenses in the league--we saw that when they played the cowboys. While it is hard to get to the 1, it's still really hard to score from there against NE.

Cool let’s put Mike White in the HOF because he lobbed a TD to Davis in triple coverage. That seems like a really repeatable offensive strategy, the lob and pray. 

2 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Cool let’s put Mike White in the HOF because he lobbed a TD to Davis in triple coverage. That seems like a really repeatable offensive strategy, the lob and pray. 

Alright… no one is saying this. It was a good throw and nice play by Davis. The repeatable that Mike White did was the check downs and the quick reads. The offense was still ineffective but that was still probably closer to what LaFleur envisions when he looks into the mirror or whatever cliche he used during the bye.

56 minutes ago, Pichula said:

I'm not saying mike white is an amazing qb, but that wasn't easy either. As you just said, lob and pray isn't a good strategy, which puts emphasis on the fact that throwing on a down & goal isn't easy. In fact, against the pats I would argue it's extremely hard. That doesn't mean Mike White is amazing, it just means he got lucky

9 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Why?  

I just think Mike White is awful and it will quickly become apparent.  I'm not impressed by his garbage time numbers.

EDIT: I just saw we traded for Flacco.  Not surprised at all by this.  I predicted it in the game thread yesterday.

I don't understand why White was the backup if they were just going to trade for a vet should Zach go down.

• Upvote 1

Wilson should demand a trade to anywhere as long as he gets to leave the Jets. It will be the most wonderful and most deservingly shameful act that this organization could receive. I mean honestly, if I were Wilson´s parents I would absolutely irate about how this team is destroying a potential decent QB in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Wilson should demand a trade to anywhere as long as he gets to leave the Jets. It will be the most wonderful and most deservingly shameful act that this organization could receive. I mean honestly, if I were Wilson´s parents I would absolutely irate about how this team is destroying a potential decent QB in the NFL.

As JD continues to build the OL in mediocre dribbles, if the Jets are picking high enough to get a QB that they rate higher than Wilson, without question they should draft him and trade Wilson for a mid-1st round pick.  Without question.  Get the extra year on the contract and keep spinning that wheel.  Hopefully by next season we have an OL with 5 functional players, as opposed to 3 all in this year.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Hex said:

The pats have one of the best redzone defenses in the league--we saw that when they played the cowboys. While it is hard to get to the 1, it's still really hard to score from there against NE.

You can't possibly be serious with this post....

Scoring on 1st and goal from the 1 should NEVER be hard..EVER...I don't care if you're playing the 85 Bears for crying out loud.

It's absurd on its face to say otherwise.  

Mike White made a nice throw - and good for him....but this idea that it was some type of feat to score a TD from 1st and goal on the 1 is kinda silly...but I'm sure you already know that.

Attempting to compare the difficultly of getting to the 1 to scoring a TD from 1st and goal on the one - surely reeks of an agenda...

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

You can't possibly be serious with this post....

Scoring on 1st and goal from the 1 should NEVER be hard..EVER...I don't care if you're playing the 85 Bears for crying out loud.

It's absurd on its face to say otherwise.  

Mike White made a nice throw - and good for him....but this idea that it was some type of feat to score a TD from 1st and goal on the 1 is kinda silly...but I'm sure you already know that.

Attempting to compare the difficultly of getting to the 1 to scoring a TD from 1st and goal on the one - surely reeks of an agenda...

Do you think it's easy? Patriots allow about 55% of redzone appearances from opposing offenses score a TD. That includes against TB and Dallas. against Dallas they forced 2 turnovers (although I guess those might have been lucky). And I'm not saying it's amazing that he did that, I just think it's harder than most think. I think I worded what I said wrong earlier, I don't think it's easier to drive down the field than to score on the 1, I just think scoring from the 1 isn't easy.

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Do you think it's easy? Patriots allow about 55% of redzone appearances from opposing offenses score a TD. That includes against TB and Dallas. against Dallas they forced 2 turnovers (although I guess those might have been lucky). And I'm not saying it's amazing that he did that, I just think it's harder than most think. I think I worded what I said wrong earlier, I don't think it's easier to drive down the field than to score on the 1, I just think scoring from the 1 isn't easy.

Are you comparing a score from the 1 to a "redzone appearance" that starts at the 20? I would bet the TD rate for a team that gets 1st and goal from the 1 is closer to 90+pct. 

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Are you comparing a score from the 1 to a "redzone appearance" that starts at the 20? I would bet the TD rate for a team that gets 1st and goal from the 1 is closer to 90+pct. 

good point. I see what you mean.

35 minutes ago, Hex said:

Yes...for an NFL football team, scoring a TD when you have the ball at 1st and goal on the 1 - is about as easy as anything of consequence you're asked to do in the NFL.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Yes...for an NFL football team, scoring a TD when you have the ball at 1st and goal on the 1 - is about as easy as anything of consequence you're asked to do in the NFL.

I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying

23 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Yes, my agenda is facts.  I like facts.

I missed this bizarre argument yesterday.

Zach didn't play great in the first quarter but White was awful. 

I know we are comparing two piles of poo but Facts?

47 QBR, 64 RTG 2 horrible interceptions.  Those are Geno numbers.  There's facts for you.

White does throw a nice check-down though.

17 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I missed this bizarre argument yesterday.

Zach didn't play great in the first quarter but White was awful. 

I know we are comparing two piles of poo but Facts?

47 QBR, 64 RTG 2 horrible interceptions.  Those are Geno numbers.  There's facts for you.

White does throw a nice check-down though.

Thanks, I never said Mike White was good, I in fact, said I'm 100% positive that Zach Wilson is better, I just said the offense looked better, because it did.

• Upvote 2