Why the Jets are so bad this year

2 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Here are a few.  Curious what your views are.

1. OC who has no ability or leash to think outside the box and cater to whatever few strengths the Jets have

2. DC who fits the same mold above

3. Horrible run defense as a special callout which is limiting opportunities to pin ears back and rush the passer.  Wtf happened to this previous strength?

4. Head Coach who either overly controls his coordinators or who gives them way too much slack.  The scripted first 3 plays yesterday was a joke punishable in my head by severe bamboo stick lashings

5. Now back to the first 3 plays.  Unequivocally to me shows an uptight culture trying to stay in games rather than a bold young team that says f-it.  Winning might be a byproduct of our aggressiveness but the goal now should be to establish an identity that bears fruit down the road.  All GAS no breaks has turned into All Gas + Bloating.  The Jets might qualify as Irritable Bowl Syndrome

6. Back to #5, has anyone thought that football can actually be entertaining?  Bellicheck is an f-in bore but puts a fun product on the field.  To date, Saleh is a stud off the field but a prude in between the lines or sheets 

Huh? Pretty sure I agree with all of this but at the same time I'm not even sure what most of it means. Irritable Bowl Syndrome is a pretty good get. 

• Upvote 1

It comes down to doing way too much of a youth rebuild in one fell swoop.

Too many young, and first time coaches trying to develop the youngest roster in the NFL.

The failure of the OC to slow the game down for a jittery rookie. 

Too much of a new system that is making veteran players feeling like rookies again by having to re-learn their position. 

Not enough tested veteran coaches and players for leadership and stability.

The failure to secure a decent TE.

Last, but not least, the insane amount of bad luck within a very small window. Greg Knapp passes away. Carl Lawson goes down. Curry goes down. Lamarcus Joyner goes down. Becton goes down. J. Davis goes down. AVT misses the pre-season. Moore misses the pre-season. Alex Lewis retires. Cam Clark goes down. Maye gets injured. Mosley gets injured. Wilson gets injured.

It may seem like I am a JD homer, but I can assure you that I am not. I have lost a little confidence in JD with each passing week. I understand that this was supposed to be a developmental year, but he failed to put a developmental type team on the field. I'm just not done with JD like some of the other posters are, but I am getting there.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 1:01 PM, LSJF said:

Will it Click for the coaches? I’ve seen no creativity or any semblance of organization

Few weeks late, but yes I do think it will. Right now we’re seeing the offense put up wild production with journeymen QBs after being horrid to start off the year with the defense playing horrid despite beginning the year strong. There will be more games where the offense falls flat and the defense dominates too, but at some point the coaches and players will click together.