Rex Rips Jets Coaching Staff.

flgreen

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hey, Rex, thanks for your perspective. 

Now can you tell us about the time in 2014 when your Jets were coming off a bye to play a Buffalo team that could not play at home due to major snowstorm in Buffalo.  Game was moved to Detroit and the Jets, coming off a bye, lost 38-3 to a homeless Buffalo Bills QB'd by the great Kyle Orton.

Good memories.  

Greatest Jets coach in history lol how sad

A91B0859-6067-44E5-B11C-84374B93F051.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

Rex lost to the pats 19-47 in 2012. Maybe he blocked that one out

That was as humiliating a performance as we’ve had in the past decade, but two of NE’s TDs were fumble returns, starting with Sanchez’s buttfumble, and third fumble had NE begin their drive in FG range. It all happened so fast, though; not like slowly peeling off a bandaid. It was 7-0 and then a minute of game time later it was 28-0. 

Also that was the Jets’ starting QB against Tom Brady in his prime, not Mike White against a rookie QB who threw like 1 completed pass >10 yards. 

Again, both were garbage performances, though, and right about now I feel like I’m arguing which is/was the less-stinkier between two full septic tanks.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hey, Rex, thanks for your perspective. 

Now can you tell us about the time in 2014 when your Jets were coming off a bye to play a Buffalo team that could not play at home due to major snowstorm in Buffalo.  Game was moved to Detroit and the Jets, coming off a bye, lost 38-3 to a homeless Buffalo Bills QB'd by the great Kyle Orton.

Good memories.  

Crazy how many fans want Rex back. Guy sucked outside of 2 years and can’t get a job again since his Buffalo debacle 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

It all happened so fast, though; not like slowly peeling off a bandaid. It was 7-0 and then a minute of game time later it was 28-0. 

I have referred to that as quite likely the worst minute of football in NFL History.  If I recall, it was like an 80 yard TD on a swing pass, followed by the buttfumble and culminating in a fumbled kickoff returned for TD.  And to make matters worse, it was nationally televised on Thanksgiving night.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Lith snatching souls here.  Love it.

We had some great moments with Rex.  Loved the 09 & 10 seasons.  But he presided over some of the worst losses we have had in our history,  Just thought it was somewhat disingenous of Rex to kill Saleh given his own history.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

He's an analyst. It's his job to offer criticisim. Ya cant take the heat get out the kitchen. Nothing wrong with what he said especially since he has strong ties to the Jets. He'd come running back if asked to be the DC. 

Well, maybe the part where he acted like it never happened to him?  I liked Rex and I think he is a bit underrated by most around here, but he rolled into New England with a great team in 2010 and was eviscerated.  Is he hanging his hat on them not scoring 50?  Cause 45-3 was as bad as this.  The beating at Philly the next season?  In 2012 they lost to the Pat in OT after Hill had a key drop.  In the rematch they were crushed 49-19.  Yes those teams had Brady, but c'mon.

Is this the same Rex Ryan that had us come out flat in the 2010-2011 AFC championship game?  

That Rex Ryan?  

I’ll tell you what Rex, to this day, I’m more pissed and upset about THAT coaching performance than I ever will be about Belichick running up the score on an injured, rebuilding, team who’s average player age is 25 years old.

• Upvote 2

It's crazy that what I envisioned for Michael Carter was how NE used Bolden. I'm not sure what's going on with Lafleur's play calling up to now, just baffling.  For instance, the 4th down play where we run it instead of play action with NE selling out, was beyond stupid!   I didn't think there would be a worse offense than Gase, but here we are...how is that even possible neil degrasse tyson GIF by StarTalk Radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Rex is a clown, but the inability of this defense to defend a screen pass has been a baffling trend all season.

The screen pass has really always been the kryptonite to this style of defense.  I expected them to be at the point of defending it by now but it does tend to be a problem early-on when you have some inexperienced LBs combined with a full-steam-ahead pass rush and the zone/cloud coverage.  

2 hours ago, Jet Life said:

I’m losing faith in this staff by the minute. The San Fran operation kinda looks like a sham right now as a whole. Tough to see 

I've been a big proponent of Saleh and I still think he has a lot of promise but it is really, really hard to believe that he and this staff have a workable plan right now.  There were two weeks to prep for this NE game and they ended up looking worse than before the bye week.  LaFleur seems to be an inexperienced, chicken-sh!t playcaller and the defense can't do anything without CJ Mosley.

Every week looks like amateur hour out there.  The problem is that there is absolutely no in-season quick fix for what ails this team.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I've been a big proponent of Saleh and I still think he has a lot of promise but it is really, really hard to believe that he and this staff have a workable plan right now.  There were two weeks to prep for this NE game and they ended up looking worse than before the bye week.  LaFleur seems to be an inexperienced, chicken-sh!t playcaller and the defense can't do anything without CJ Mosley.

Every week looks like amateur hour out there.  The problem is that there is absolutely no in-season quick fix for what ails this team.

what in the world makes you think he has "a lot of promise"?  His rah-rahs?  The players like him?  What?  Seriously, I want to know.  Because he has shown and done nothing of note.  How'd that work for Rex? Not a Rex fan but comparably, two months into their first season, Rex was 100 times the coach Saleh is.  

Brace yourself about him and worse, his staff.  It's not going to be pretty.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

what in the world makes you think he has "a lot of promise"?  His rah-rahs?  The players like him?  What?  Seriously, I want to know.  Because he has shown and done nothing of note.  How'd that work for Rex? Not a Rex fan but comparably, two months into their first season, Rex was 100 times the coach Saleh is.  

Brace yourself about him and worse, his staff.  It's not going to be pretty.

Rah rah?  If anything he's been understated, maybe too understated.  I think (thought) we finally have a guy who is neither too high nor too low, a guy who threaded the needle between Bowles and Rex.  And, I like going back to the 4-3 and trying to win upfront with an organic passrush and not smoke and mirrors.  In terms of the D, it was overachieving the first few weeks with some very young, inexperienced guys and late round draft picks.  Then the injuries really started to hit.  That's just how it is on a team where the only real talent on D is QW, JFM, and CJ Mosley.  On O it's looking like a complete misfire on the LaFleur, and that's on Saleh.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel 6 games into a season with a rookie HC and rookie QB on a team that has the NFL's youngest (32nd out of 32) roster and has thrown at least 5 rookies into the 22 starting spots.  This is painful and it's not easy to say be patient, but I'm not throwing in the towel.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Rah rah?  If anything he's been understated, maybe too understated.  I think (thought) we finally have a guy who is neither too high nor too low, a guy who threaded the needle between Bowles and Rex.  And, I like going back to the 4-3 and trying to win upfront with an organic passrush and not smoke and mirrors.  In terms of the D, it was overachieving the first few weeks with some very young, inexperienced guys and late round draft picks.  Then the injuries really started to hit.  That's just how it is on a team where the only real talent on D is QW, JFM, and CJ Mosley.  On O it's looking like a complete misfire on the LaFleur, and that's on Saleh.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel 6 games into a season with a rookie HC and rookie QB on a team that has the NFL's youngest (32nd out of 32) roster and has thrown at least 5 rookies into the 22 starting spots.  This is painful and it's not easy to say be patient, but I'm not throwing in the towel.

Fans who saw the whole field watched Saleh's D stop trying in the 2nd half.  They flat out stopped going after the plays.

This team is in deep trouble with Saleh and his coordinators and coaches.   His cohort, LaFleur will 100% ruin any chance Zach Wilson ever had to become good.  You can wish for what you want, but this is the way it is likely going down.  Saleh is bad, primarily because he will do nothing until years have gone by to improve this horrendous staff he brought in.  Our players have no clue what to do anbd when.  It's a virtual Keystone Kpps clown show on both sides of the ball.  LaFleur doesn't belong in the NFL.  The whole scripted play nonsense was astonishingly stupid.  At least now we know for sure we have a mini-Schittenheimer here, who cares NOTHING for the development of this team, only his script failing to be executed.    It may not be obvious to you yet.  It won't take long.  And don't let a bad Flacco win or two over the next month fool you either.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

saddest post i've ever made on a jets forum, is happening right here right now

Adam Gase>>>Mike Lafluer

That's a cataclysmically horrible truth I just posted.

Gase probably deserved coach of the year honors for that 2019 season he had with the pile of sh*t roster we gave him…. People are going to ignore that though…. That’s arguably top 3 jets coach performances in a single season. Parcells after 1-15 1, gase 2019 2, Rex rookie coach year to afcc 3 lmao

• Upvote 1

I thought Rex was an embarrassment and wanted him out. Knowing what I know now I straight up would take him back. We have absolutely zero clue how to hire coaches and at least Rex is entertaining. It’s like Atl in the Jerry Glanville years. All in all they mostly sucked but they were entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Saleh bends over and likes it. He just stands there expression less like a statue.

Rex would fuming mad on the sidelines and for weeks. But, there is np way that Mac Jones would look like Mahomes vs Rex,

2280850D-5F5B-429B-826B-8D6A1E43A803.png

• Haha 2