Everything is going to be OK

BurntDice

I'm not sure I share quite the same optimism but it's definitely time for JD to start building because there's not much left to tear down. Outside of Maye it seems JD shed every player he didn't like and Maye is probably gone after this year. JD will have a good set of draft picks and a ton of cap space so it's time to plug all the holes and improve skill positions. The team will have to get good before it can get great. 

• Upvote 1

Win or look good losing.

That is the issue we are looking hopeless in losses. 

The other dregs of the league though losing big like Houston and Detroit have put up far bigger fights in most games than the Jets.

ZERO excuse getting killed that bad by a mediocre NE team.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Right now, Ole Miss would beat us. We have ways to go. 

Keep the faith brother, but if you are banking on 22 being a good year, I'm not so sure. 

I don’t think 8ish wins is out of the question for next year assuming Zach turns into an average qb with drastic improvements from trades/fa/draft 

14 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I'm not sure I share quite the same optimism but it's definitely time for JD to start building because there's not much left to tear down. Outside of Maye it seems JD shed every player he didn't like and Maye is probably gone after this year. JD will have a good set of draft picks and a ton of cap space so it's time to plug all the holes and improve skill positions. The team will have to get good before it can get great. 

Exactly, maybe I’m too optimistic but meh. This is Joe’s roster now and has tons of ammo coming up to overhaul it.

2 minutes ago, Icer said:

The best thing to do is not give this organization your time or money until they turn it around. Life is too short to give a sh*t about this sorry team

Exactly I’m not buying anything jets  related all year and I’m not watching until Zach comes back 

I've been watching this team for 4+ decades.

The typical bad season was a decent first 8-10 games followed by a brutal collapse after Thanksgiving.

Those were the good old days.

The past 10 years the season is over before Halloween. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I've been watching this team for 4+ decades.

The typical bad season was a decent first 8-10 games followed by a brutal collapse after Thanksgiving.

Those were the good old days.

The past 10 years the season is over before Halloween. 

I started with parcells and herm. It’s been ROUGH minus a few years. This just feels completely different than most of those teams. The gm is building for the future instead of trying to buy a team. Idzik had the right idea but was absolutely terrible at drafting. I’m forced to self deprecate while mentioning my jets fandom. It shouldn’t be like that. The pedigrees of everyone in charge is vastly superior to the guys we’ve had before minus parcells 

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I stopped wearing Jets gear a long time ago.  In fact, when I switched jobs ten years ago I never told anyone at work who my team was.  Got really sick of the inevitable abuse.  

I was a fan who bought Jet gear every year.  Always requested it at Xmas or for my birthday.  Hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jerseys, key rings, socks, Cromartie condoms, you name it, had it all.  

Since the Rex era, I have bought, or been gifted (at my request), nothing. After giving my son my last two brand new Jet t-shirts, all I have is a Jet key ring.  Nothing else.  I will just no longer support Woody Johnson or the team he puts on the field through buying the merchandise.  Although I still miss my white and black Jet mock turtle necks.   I lived in those things.

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I know this really sucks guys. I know it’s been a decade since we’ve been good. I hate being embarrassed wearing jets gear in public too. Looking at this team without being emotional is hard, but please just give me a few minutes.

In the past they have always patched a team together with no plan for the future (Marshall,fitz, bell etc). Losing all the time is very hard, but this team doesn’t have vets like Rex did when he took over. the trash heap mac left is finally almost gone. Still have dead cap from tru and bell, but that will clear up in the off-season.  There are rookies/2nd year guys getting valuable reps all over the field. The same goes for the coaching staff. They are learning and taking bumps (too many atm) every day.

Take a peek  at the trades joe made and you’ll see most are for the 2022 draft. COVID reduced the number of draft eligible players by a significant amount and lots of guys didn’t play their jr or sr season plus no combine made it hard to scout during these uncertain times. Joe was very smart by acquiring picks for 22 instead of 21 because of this.  Assuming a fire sale incoming and there will be 13ish picks coming up. That is far too many for players to get time on the field. There is going to be a trade coming up like what the bills did with diggs. Next year is when joe will stop being stingy and be more aggressive. The roster needed to be evaluated because there were unknown commodities everywhere you looked. With all those picks and a ton of space this will be a completely new team with young guys who have actual playing experience on very cheap deals. If we suck next year then I will raise the pitchforks with you, but I honestly don’t see it happening. 

i don't think most fans realize how far down mac took this team.  i mean, c'mon, when a team is forced to start a really old and bad mccown for two season you know it's bad.  and then trying to force hack to play makes it even more bad.  add to that the number of second round bust (or even third, fourth, fifth, and sixth) and it's no wonder why they are where they are.  granted yesterday was about as ugly as it gets.  but if saleh is the coach for this team he'll straighten it all out.  and maybe that does mean lafleur gets launched.  or cavanaugh or they bring in someone to straigthen out wilson.

i can't say douglas was planning for the 2022 draft but it certainly looks like he can makes some good trades too.

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i don't think most fans realize how far down mac took this team.  i mean, c'mon, when a team is forced to start a really old and bad mccown for two season you know it's bad.  and then trying to force hack to play makes it even more bad.  add to that the number of second round bust (or even third, fourth, fifth, and sixth) and it's no wonder why they are where they are.  granted yesterday was about as ugly as it gets.  but if saleh is the coach for this team he'll straighten it all out.  and maybe that does mean lafleur gets launched.  or cavanaugh or they bring in someone to straigthen out wilson.

i can't say douglas was planning for the 2022 draft but it certainly looks like he can makes some good trades too.

I think worse than his poor drafting was his inexcusable free agent ineptitude. He forced another rebuild signing a FA like bell is idiotic when you haven’t drafted OL in years. Giving tru a huge payday when he didn’t deserve it and didn’t have any heart. The cap hell in general decimated the future of the team. Pair that with neglecting the OL for his entire tenure while drafting DT over and over and over again. He really screwed us

• Post of the Week 1