Joe Douglas Mid Season PC

kevinc855

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So - your first question for the general manager is a question that only the head coach can answer (since the head coach determines who plays, let alone starts)? 

Bold Strategy Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

That is a fair point, but was his decision to not bring in any viable backups to give him competition so in a way, he did have influence in that decision. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Not sure exactly when it is scheduled yet for but usually happens in the first week of November. 

What do you expect to hear from Joe? If you were a reporter what would you ask him? 

I will start with one of many I have

"Joe, do you regret starting Zach Week 1?" 

Out of all the problems this team has, starting Zach week 1 is the least of them. Lawrence, Fields, Lance and Jones have all been starting games. Most have been struggling (Mac doing well hitting screen passes). You don't get better watching Josh Johnson play QB. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Out of all the problems this team has, starting Zach week 1 is the least of them. Lawrence, Fields, Lance and Jones have all been starting games. Most have been struggling (Mac doing well hitting screen passes). You don't get better watching Josh Johnson play QB. 

disagree, kid wasn't ready. Rushing it didn't help. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

That is a fair point, but was his decision to not bring in any viable backups to give him competition so in a way, he did have influence in that decision. 

So if he had a viable backup, wouldn't you have been screaming to bench Zach every time he made a mistake? Might there be divisions in the locker room if he made mistakes? Vets not having patience for rookie mistakes? 

It was a calculated decision to let Zach have room to make mistakes and learn, warts and all. 

Unfortunately, we have so many rookies going through the same thing at the same time, we look epically bad and it is miserable to be a fan right now. 

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Cobb Salad just said "they have more to play for then wins and loses" 

I'm close to officially being done with Cobb Salad

Over the last many weeks, I keep reading on the board and elsewhere that wins are not that important or what we're striving for.  Now Saleh says it, too.  lol  What has the sports world become when wins are not the priority?   Even with an awful team, a HC should still preach wins until the very last snap of the season.

33 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So - your first question for the general manager is a question that only the head coach can answer (since the head coach determines who plays, let alone starts)?

The HC picks the starters from the players the GM gives him. JD picked Wilson and White as the only QBs on the starting roster. What choice did Saleh have other than to start Wilson?

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Over the last many weeks, I keep reading on the board and elsewhere that wins are not that important or what we're striving for.  Now Saleh says it, too.  lol  What has the sports world become when wins are not the priority?   Even with an awful team, a HC should still preach wins until the very last snap of the season.

Those Ryan Fitzpatrick wins are feeling rather empty right now.

• Upvote 1

First Question: Do you think that you are doing your job as GM of a professional team in the NFL? 

Second Question: How do you plan to remedy that you allowed a rookie HC, rookie OC to handle your presumed franchise QB?

Third Question: how do you feel about having back to back QBs being out multiple weeks onyour watch due to lack of protection?

53 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Not sure exactly when it is scheduled yet for but usually happens in the first week of November. 

What do you expect to hear from Joe? If you were a reporter what would you ask him? 

I will start with one of many I have

"Joe, do you regret starting Zach Week 1?" 

If I could, I would arrange to send you to grill him. I think you both deserve it.