Jets Trade for Flacco

SR24

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Ok, fine, sure, great and who gives a **** about the pick but wtf?  This was such a blatantly obvious and easy ******* thing to do while in camp.  How do you have absolutely no foresight what so ever that you wait till for the oh sh*t moment? 

Dude, it's an unbelievably moronic situation and I cant even believe it's happening and for that, because it's the Jets, I feel shame.  

100 %. This was so obvious this offseason. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I can’t tell if they didn’t want to sign a vet qb because they wanted Zach to start and didn’t want any drama that may have come with a qb controversy or they were just that dumb  Either way, it’s bad. 

With that aside, Flacco scared me with some near wins last year. So, I mean, it could be worse? I was not going to watch if White played. I might now. Ugh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

So people want Minshew now presumably over Zach Wilson?  Because Minshew doesn’t offer any veteran presence either.  Wilson is sitting and learning for a month.  Might as well make the most of it.

As many others pointed, preferably they would have just signed a bet backup.  But who knows who told them thanks but no thanks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I can’t tell if they didn’t want to sign a vet qb because they wanted Zach to start and didn’t want any drama that may have come with a qb controversy or they were just that dumb

Either way, it’s bad. 

Both of those things end at "Dumb"

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

So people want Minshew now presumably over Zach Wilson?  Because Minshew doesn’t offer any veteran presence either.  Wilson is sitting and learning for a month.  Might as well make the most of it.

As many others pointed, preferably they would have just signed a bet backup.  But who knows who told them thanks but no thanks.

Is that what happened? Flacco told them "No" in the offseason so they had to trade for him? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

For me, I want Minshew over Flacco.  But, in a perfect world, JD would have traded for Minshew to start the season as Zack learned the position/offense.  Right now with Minshew, we'd be in the playoff hunt.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

This is so F**cked him or someone with a similiar tier should have been on the team from the start and I dont want to hear Hindsight is 20/20 nearly everyone wanted a veteran backup except for his highness JD 

Joe Flacco was on this team and they let him go.. like WTF is going on..

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Both of those things end at "Dumb"

Is that what happened? Flacco told them "No" in the offseason so they had to trade for him? 

I don’t know. Neither do you.  But everyone makes the assumption that they just flat out refused to sign a Veteran QB.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

For me, I want Minshew over Flacco.  But, in a perfect world, JD would have traded for Minshew to start the season as Zack learned the position/offense.  Right now with Minshew, we'd be in the playoff hunt.

Minshew is a STARTING caliber QB and is better right now than Zach Wilson!! 

Minshew was the QB you bring in if you keep Darnold and when Darnold doesn't perform you don't hesitate to put him in there!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

WHY THE F*** do you not do this before the season or before you are desperate?

This is a panic idiot move, and flacco did so much to mentor darnold last year.

Because you don't want Zach looking over his shoulder with every bad pass/game he has. This isn't about mentoring this is about having a backup QB that can play , not sure Mike White can.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

I can’t tell if they didn’t want to sign a vet qb because they wanted Zach to start and didn’t want any drama that may have come with a qb controversy or they were just that dumb

Either way, it’s bad. 

That's what it feels like. The coaches didnt want to deal with the vets seeing that a different QB was better than Wilson. And if you remember camp Wilson was throwing interceptions like they were going out of style.

This is just an overall pathetic way to run a pro franchise.

• Haha 1