Jets Trade for Flacco

SR24

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t know. Neither do you.  But everyone makes the assumption that they just flat out refused to sign a Veteran QB.  

"If" that had happened where they tried to sign Flacco and he said no in the offseason.. then trading for him is even more ridiculous..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Some may not think it, but I'm telling you guys, this is a turning point for Woody Johnson. 

I guarantee you that this shakes his faith in JD a bit. He will hang on longer than we want him to, but this is the move that starts the snowball for ol Woody. 

I hope so 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Minshew is a STARTING caliber QB and is better right now than Zach Wilson!! 

Minshew was the QB you bring in if you keep Darnold and when Darnold doesn't perform you don't hesitate to put him in there!

ZW was always going to be the starter...It was clear JD didn't want a QB controversy. 

This team was never winning with or without Gardner Minshew.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

For me, I want Minshew over Flacco.  But, in a perfect world, JD would have traded for Minshew to start the season as Zack learned the position/offense.  Right now with Minshew, we'd be in the playoff hunt.

It's not about the player or the pick, it's about the approach. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Fuk me.  I hate this team.  Thanks, JD.  Phone lines for Minshew or Trubisky were busy?  That's the best this putz can do?  Eat me!

Nah...those guys are too young and JD didn't want them challenging the so called "franchise" at this point in time...too much invested.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

IMO this can only turn out two ways: bad and worse.

Bad: Joe is washed up and even with a veteran presence is going to be lost. No more excuses - he is likely to butt heads with LaPuke.

Worse: Joe manages to win a few games which screws our chance at a top 3 pick; the whole point in not having a vet was to get Zack all of the experience he can get without a QB controversy; if Joe manages to win a few, nobody would want Zack back.

Problem is that Saleh is too stubborn and JD panicked :-)  This shows that JD/Saleh have no faith in Mike White nor the D.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Are these the same people that made fun of JD for collecting 6th round picks as he cast off Mac’s warriors? Are they worthless picks or no?

You can easily flip this question around and ask why are people who are obsessed with late round picks OK with giving one up for Joe Flacco?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

It hasn't come out but I don't think Flacco treated Darnold that well that is why the Jets didn't keep Flac because if that wasn't the case than not having him in camp  was one of the DUMBEST DECISIONS EVER!!!

:) 

This

Didnt Flacco say he’s not here to teach anyone or something along those lines 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This was a fine move.

You can't roll Mike White out there for 2-4 weeks.  Needed to bring in someone that can walk in, start and at least give the appearance that you're trying to win.

I'm not sure the animated corpse of Joe Flacco gives that impression. Weekend at Bernies was a fictional movie, not an instruction manual for running a billion dollar sports enterprise. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Because you don't want Zach looking over his shoulder with every bad pass/game he has. This isn't about mentoring this is about having a backup QB that can play , not sure Mike White can.  

#1 any qb coming into the league looking over his shoulder being worried is a joke and a bust.

#2 If I was a young hot shot I sure would be worried about joe fing flacco taking my job.  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

#1 any qb coming into the league looking over his shoulder being worried is a joke and a bust.

#2 If I was a young hot shot I sure would be worried about joe fing flacco taking my job.  lol

It's not protecting ZW - it's just outside noise that's unnecessary.  Look what's happening in Chicago.  The media is now dictating who should be their starting QB.  JD made the right decision.

So he rolled the dice that ZW would stay healthy, and now it cost him a 6th rounder, reasonable gamble.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nick Blitz said:

This really begs the question, what’s the point of Josh Johnson being on this team?

I can actually answer this one: Most people don't realize this but Johnson also functions as a backup for several positions on the team. Believe it or not he has experience as both a punter and a long snapper and had some success in the past with both. And the reason you didn't know about that is because I made it up.

• Haha 4