Jets Trade for Flacco

SR24

1 minute ago, undertow said:

All of this could have been avoided by signing Nick Mullens or someone like him for a million dollars in May.....why was that so complicated or hard to understand?

Again they didn't want a competition , they wanted Zach to be the starter. Most quality backups only want to go where they feel they have a shot to play. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Maybe Flacco didn't want that , maybe he wanted to go to a team where he had a shot at starting. The Jets probably told him Zach is our day 1 starter .  

Ahh yes, the ole "We just traded for a guy who didn't want to be here so somehow that makes it better, not worse." theory

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Your attempts to be insulting never land.

You’ve been here watching us root for 53 pedestrian talent-level players every year the past 10 years.

Duh.

Not attempting anything.  Read the thread..

Minshew has a very limited NFL skill-set.  

While I agree pedestrian is pretty much what's on the team (save two or three players) I'm not screaming to have signed them ad nauseam.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Doesn’t change the fact he would absolutely steal your boys job 

This is what y'all keep missing.

He was never stealing Zach's job..no one was stealing Zach's job.  Joe understood this....

This is a youth movement and they decided they wanted ZW to start and play this year.  He was never getting benched, he was going to take him lumps and learn...that was the plan.

Avoiding media and fan distractions is why they didn't bring in a veteran back-up.

Again, like it or not, I'm not even debating the merits of it, but it is what happened.  it's not brain surgery.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not attempting anything.  Read the thread..

Minshew has a very limited NFL skill-set.  

While I agree pedestrian is pretty much what's on the team (save two or three players) I'm not screaming to have signed them ad nauseam.

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This is what y'all keep missing.

He was never stealing Zach's job..no one was stealing Zach's job.  Joe understood this....

This is a youth movement and they decided they wanted ZW to start and play this year.  He was never getting benched, he was going to take him lumps and learn...that was the plan.

Avoiding media and fan distractions is why they didn't bring in a veteran back-up.

Again, like it or not, I'm not even debating the merits of it, but it is what happened.  it's not brain surgery.  

Darnold being here would have been a media distraction...Nick Mullens, Joe Flacco, or any other back up isn't a distraction it's why every other team in the league has one. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Should have signed Flacco in the offseason.

Flacco should have started the first 4-8 games.

Wilson should have sat and learned.

But now we’re wasting a 6th possibly a 5th round pick due to injury.

I agree with everything but the last line. The draft pick isn't a big deal we can regain that pick pretty easily. Not sure Flacco is the guy I would have signed to start the first 4-8 games but not against that either. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Darnold being here would have been a media distraction...Nick Mullens, Joe Flacco, or any other back up isn't a distraction it's why every other team in the league has one. lol

Are you being serious? Honest question   

Are you reading this thread? 
with things like Flaco is already better than Zach, if Minshew were here ZW wouldn’t get his job back etc. 

This fan base is entirely irrational, just look at how they’re already calling the kid a bust, it’s insane  

After week 1 there would have already been a 50 page ****the official start Gardner Minshew thread****

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Completely disagree.  The guy put up 21 TDs/6 INTs with Jax in 2019.   If he's on the field this year?   We probably win most of our games.

I don’t see how this team, with the performance we have seen to date could ever win “most of our games”. We are not a Gardner Minshew away from playoff contention. That seems wildly hyperbolic.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Are you being serious? Honest question   

with things like Flaco is already better than Zach, if Minshew were here ZW wouldn’t get his job back etc. 

This fan base is entirely irrational, just look at how they’re already calling the kid a bust, it’s insane  

After week 1 there would have already been a 50 page ****the official start Gardner Minshew thread****

Well yeah people have a weird obsession with Minshew around here but there are plenty of career back ups around the league and one of them should have been on the team in training camp like every other team in the history of football.  Nobody goes into training camp and the season with Zach Wilson, Mike White, John Morgan and Josh Johnson. lol

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:Are you being serious? Honest question   

My guess is that Douglas didn’t sign a vet earlier because it was part of some ****ed up deal pre-draft deal with Team Wilson 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

2020 Joe Flacco in the games he started looked like the best starting QB the Jets had since 2015 Ryan Fitzpatrick…

…and 2008 Brett Favre before that.

The pathetic reality train of NYJ keeps chugging along dropping truth bombs at every stop.

Joe flacco scored a total of 10 points in his 1st two starts.  0-4 as a starter. He was awful other than a couple deep throws.  His comp % was 55%  he was sacked 7 times.  He got a few deep throws to work however. 

• Haha 1