Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TICKET SALES PROBLEM SOLVED ROGER

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My guess is that Douglas didn’t sign a vet earlier because it was part of some ****ed up deal pre-draft deal with Team Wilson 

I really hope that wasn’t the case.  
That would be a true knock on Douglas I wouldn’t be able to get past.  

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me try to address one of the objections to this move--the one that says that it amounts to giving up a draft pick now instead of signing Flacco w/o compensation in the offseason. Even leaving aside the possibility that if Zach would have remained healthy late into the season, no move would be required at all--the fair comparison is spending 3.5 million for Flacco in the summer instead of spending about six or seven hundred thousand now plus a low pick. For me  that's a wash. To check my numbers look at Jason's site (Over the cap). I don't see panic or overpaying in this. The two other conversations going on--contradictory I may add--are  let's not win games or let's get Minshew and win even more games. Both conversations are beyond the scope of this post.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

funny how i read these comments people complaining over a 5th or 6th rd pick. most of you guys dont want him drafting at all LOL

you guys dont put into consideration that maybe Flacco didnt want to sign here to back up some draft pick. maybe he though he had a better chance to start in Phila.? 

i love how people look at FAs and say ... i want you so now your here. like the FA has no say in it. or that everyone want to come here.

same with a trade. 

 

this move tells you that there feeling the heat. they had to do something. and i like it cause now we get to see this offense with a vet who even though lost a step or two is a very good one. just like last year with Sam. Flacco came in with the same team and played better. 

and i fully expect Flacco to be better then Zach. doesn't mean Zach sucks just that he needs more time. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

See…. You and Zach

Sure. But he’s talented with massive potential and upside.  

Minshew has a very limited NFL skill-set and has probably already produced the highest level of football you’ll see from him. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, doitny said:

funny how i read these comments people complaining over a 5th or 6th rd pick. most of you guys dont want him drafting at all LOL

you guys dont put into consideration that maybe Flacco didnt want to sign here to back up some draft pick. maybe he though he had a better chance to start in Phila.? 

i love how people look at FAs and say ... i want you so now your here. like the FA has no say in it. or that everyone want to come here.

same with a trade. 

 

this move tells you that there feeling the heat. they had to do something. and i like it cause now we get to see this offense with a vet who even though lost a step or two is a very good one. just like last year with Sam. Flacco came in with the same team and played better. 

and i fully expect Flacco to be better then Zach. doesn't mean Zach sucks just that he needs more time. 

White is still going to start

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure. But he’s talented with massive potential and upside.  

Minshew has a very limited NFL skill-set and has probably already produced the highest level of football you’ll see from him. 

One has shown he can play and win.

The other has upside… and has shown zero potential.

But sure.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, doitny said:

funny how i read these comments people complaining over a 5th or 6th rd pick. most of you guys dont want him drafting at all LOL

you guys dont put into consideration that maybe Flacco didnt want to sign here to back up some draft pick. maybe he though he had a better chance to start in Phila.? 

i love how people look at FAs and say ... i want you so now your here. like the FA has no say in it. or that everyone want to come here.

same with a trade. 

 

this move tells you that there feeling the heat. they had to do something. and i like it cause now we get to see this offense with a vet who even though lost a step or two is a very good one. just like last year with Sam. Flacco came in with the same team and played better. 

and i fully expect Flacco to be better then Zach. doesn't mean Zach sucks just that he needs more time. 

lol.  Flacco won't be ready until Zach comes back.

No matter how you paint this, it was a stupid panic move.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Here come the meaningless wins and draft position slide. Glory hallelujah!!!

Flacco was 0-4 and scored a total of 10 points in his 1st two starts last year.  No worries.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

White is still going to start

 

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

lol.  Flacco won't be ready until Zach comes back.

No matter how you paint this, it was a stupid panic move.

Flacco is going to learn the playbook quick. he will start Sunday

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure. But he’s talented with massive potential and upside.  

Minshew has a very limited NFL skill-set and has probably already produced the highest level of football you’ll see from him. 

Don't you know , everyone loves Joe Dirt.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But it was an elite 10 points

His exploits are magnified because darnold was so awful.  It's like the people longing for Rex because he was better than kotite or gase.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets trade a 6th round pick for a veteran backup QB to hold the fort and then mentor Zack Wilson.  Better late than never? This actually seems to me like an okay move...yeah, should've been done in the offseason, but no reason for me to switch to decaf...

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

His exploits are magnified because darnold was so awful.  It's like the people longing for Rex because he was better than kotite or gase.

Word. With Flacco, it felt like we just got beat. With Darnold, it felt like we actively tried to lose.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Jets trade a 6th round pick for a veteran backup QB to hold the fort and then mentor Zack Wilson.  Better late than never? This actually seems to me like an okay move...yeah, should've been done in the offseason, but no reason for me to switch to decaf...

 

 

It means the GM and coach don;t know what they are doing.  That is not concerning?

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...