Jets Trade for Flacco

SR24

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Minshew went 6-6 as a rookie on the Jags.  He completed 60% threw 3,200 yards, 21 TD's and 6 INT's, on the Jags.  

Jets fans are claiming they see special in Zach Wilson, could you imagine what they'd be saying if he put up those numbers? 

Yup. Fidopono would probably be low key insulting people for not seeing how special Gardner is.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Minshew went 6-6 as a rookie on the Jags.  He completed 60% threw 3,200 yards, 21 TD's and 6 INT's, on the Jags.  

Jets fans are claiming they see special in Zach Wilson, could you imagine what they'd be saying if he put up those numbers? 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup. Fidopono would probably be low key insulting people for not seeing how special Gardner is.

I’m trying to imagine how many people’s houses @Jet Nut would burn down in defense of New York Jet Gardner Minshew and his 93.1 career passer rating.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

I don’t see how this team, with the performance we have seen to date could ever win “most of our games”. We are not a Gardner Minshew away from playoff contention. That seems wildly hyperbolic.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We've played a bunch of trash teams so far.  Marginally better than us.  Literally, two or three more wins and we'd be in  the "in the hunt" category just like the Pats.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, doitny said:

funny how i read these comments people complaining over a 5th or 6th rd pick. most of you guys dont want him drafting at all LOL

you guys dont put into consideration that maybe Flacco didnt want to sign here to back up some draft pick. maybe he though he had a better chance to start in Phila.? 

i love how people look at FAs and say ... i want you so now your here. like the FA has no say in it. or that everyone want to come here.

same with a trade. 

this move tells you that there feeling the heat. they had to do something. and i like it cause now we get to see this offense with a vet who even though lost a step or two is a very good one. just like last year with Sam. Flacco came in with the same team and played better. 

and i fully expect Flacco to be better then Zach. doesn't mean Zach sucks just that he needs more time. 

Flacco wants to start instead of backing up a rookie?? [Delusional JD supporter at its best]  He is one hit away from being paralyzed...he is looking to hold a clip board and be a mentor not reinvent the wheel. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m trying to imagine how many people’s houses @Jet Nut would burn down in defense of New York Jet Gardner Minshew and his 93.1 career passer rating.

Most Jets fans live in their parents houses, so about 1 house for every 2 generations of fans.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

JD doesn't get a veteran QB:

JESUS CHRIST!  How could he NOT get a veteran!

JD does get a veteran QB:

JESUS CHRIST! How could he WASTE a pick on a veteran!

I don’t care about this move either way. Just don’t understand why do it now?

If you were gonna go to a veteran if Zach got hurt, then sign him in the off-season so he knows the offense and players when he has to step in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

I don’t care about this move either way. Just don’t understand why do it now?

If you were gonna go to a veteran if Zach got hurt, then sign him in the off-season so he knows the offense and players when he has to step in. 

change your screen name to Flacctobums2021

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It means the GM and coach don;t know what they are doing.  That is not concerning?

I'm very concerned, but maybe JD at least finally realized that he needed to get a quality vet QB in here.  I'm much more concerned right now that JD is going to be yet another in a long line of bad drafting GMs and that Saleh will be a total dud as an HC, regardless of who the QBs on the team are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick Blitz said:

This really begs the question, what’s the point of Josh Johnson being on this team?

Pre-game sock puppet shows.   Mostly variations of classic Japanese Kabuki stories, but Josh occasionally throws in one of Tennessee Williams' plays.  Seems to relax Saleh and the guys.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’d love to have been a fly on the wall when the mod(s) here told @Skeptable to knock it off with the thumbs down butt fumble things. They must have scared the s**t outta him.

The dude is leaving ??????’s by the dozens now in every thread.

lol  Yeah, I was noticing the sh*t ton of laughs @Skeptable was doling out.   Just masterful mind fu*king.

• Haha 1

Really starting to side eye JD man....the jackass gave up a pick for a guy he should have signed in the offseason if he didn't have his head up his ass and realized he needed a Vet presence, and having a QB room of Wilson, White and Morgan was never going to amount to much....

Zach isn't made out of teflon....especially behind this OL....the risk of him getting hurt was always there. On what planet was it okay to not have someone that can actually start a game in case he went down?!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I love me some Joe Douglas but this is truly an awful move.

Yes, it is.  This team will now idle for the next month with zero development.  Frankly, I see nothing that tells me Saleh and his clowns are capable of developing anything.  All smoke and mirrors so far.  And I thought Herm Edwards was the king of smoke & mirrors.  Saleh could be a rival.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Paradis said:

gonna be extra fun times when Flacco and Mims drop a couple Ws and the CS have to answer for why that's a thing all of a sudden.

Not too worried about that, FLacco is done. Do you think he sits back behind that line and takes the hits for the Jets at this point in his career?

• Haha 1