Great Eisen Rant

kevinc855

21 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

People are always looking at negatives. 

Look, there's some big positives. We no longer have to debate if the Kotite or Gase years were the worst Jets era. 

You can also look at it this way. Imagine how we’d feel if we went into the game with Sam as QB and Belli still dry humped us up and down the field. 

• Upvote 2

I find it hilarious the people forget how bad Zac Taylor was his first two years. Things that are being said about Salah right now are the same that were said about Taylor his first year. Now he is the the toast of the town.

I am definitely not happy about this team. But there was such a void of talent from the Gase years that it will take a number of years just to become respectable. Vince Lombardi couldn't win with this team right now.

I am not trying to absolve Salah here. He looked like a deer in the headlights Sunday on the sideline. But I think we have to give both him and Douglas a little more time before we jump off the ledge. If the same crap is happening next year, I'll be leading the firing squad.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

42 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

I find it hilarious the people forget how bad Zac Taylor was his first two years. Things that are being said about Salah right now are the same that were said about Taylor his first year. Now he is the the toast of the town.

I am definitely not happy about this team. But there was such a void of talent from the Gase years that it will take a number of years just to become respectable. Vince Lombardi couldn't win with this team right now.

I am not trying to absolve Salah here. He looked like a deer in the headlights Sunday on the sideline. But I think we have to give both him and Douglas a little more time before we jump off the ledge. If the same crap is happening next year, I'll be leading the firing squad.

A lot of people here are saying our OC is in over his head, well guess what, so is our HC. To come out of a bye and have this happen, especially when this was a team you played before is inexcusable.  Not only that bit it was the way they beat us running the same damn plays over and over. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Agreed.  When Zach Wilson starts playing like Joe Burrow and Elijah Moore and Denzel Mims start playing like Tee Higgins and Jamar Chase, Saleh might look like Zac Taylor.   Burrow just played in his 17th game of his career this past Sunday.   Get the right players in here and all of a sudden your coaches look different.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Mr. Clean is not HC material.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5

i think the point that eisen made best is that the bellichicken isn't going to let a team up.  that's the way the game should be played none of this sitting on a lead business.  and it's not like he left the first team the whole game.  hoyer came in and mopped up.  in a way i'm happy for the bellichiken.  he gets a lot of grief for his demeanor and then because he supposedly never won a thing without brady.  but here he just wiped the field with the team all of these bad mouthers are fans of.  the bellichicken must be doing something right.  the patsies are 3-4.

as for the jets, in defense of saleh, it's tough to execute a game plan when there just aren't enough players.  the jets are still missing a few really good players and there isn't any depth behind the ones they have.  mosely was out.  sherwood went down for the season.  quinton williams went out with a concussion.  fant went down and was replaced by edoga.  wilson went down and is out and so on.  and while we don't want to make excuses for injuries losing too many on a team that already doesn't have enough talent is a disaster.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Pichula said:

Lost me when he started rambling about Wilson vs Jones. This isn’t about that. 

Yeah, but it kind of is.

There was blood in the Patriots water.  Through seven games, it looks like the Patriots have an answer.  I think they do.  The Jets, who could have drafted anyone not named Trevor, looks like they might have made a mistake.  It is framed that way because of the two teams.

Again, it is only 7 games. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Meh this is lazy he's focusing on the QBs.  Firstly Wilson missing a month is not a big deal and has no impact on if he will be a good QB in the future and Mac Jones is the last thing I'm worried about.  Owner, GM, and Coach are all bigger problems then QB right now.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Bengals were 6-10 the season before Zac Taylor was hired and they were 2-14 in his first season. Being the hopeful idiot fan that I am I will buy in to a Bengal type rebuild. Stink in year 1; be competitive in year 2; and contend in year 3.

Zach Wilson can’t tie Joe Burrow’s cleats 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Thought on draft day Jones was the pick, and Wilson looks like a tiny WAC guy with some nice game day tape against Boise State or Fresno State. Totally overthinking it. 

not taking away anything from jones but if the jets pressured him like they did in the first game the result would've been a whole lot different.  the patsies countered the jets pressure with better running, screens, quick passes.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

A lot of people here are saying our OC is in over his head, well guess what, so is our HC. To come out of a bye and have this happen, especially when this was a team you played before is inexcusable.  Not only that bit it was the way they beat us running the same damn plays over and over. 

Our DC/HC have been lucky that the offense has not played well because it has masked the defensive incompetence since day 1.

I don't know the exact numbers but I would bet that we have forced the LEAST "3 and outs" and overall Punts in the NFL. Saleh takes victory laps when the defense gives up a 12 play drive that ONLY results in a FG. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

not taking away anything from jones but if the jets pressured him like they did in the first game the result would've been a whole lot different.  the patsies countered the jets pressure with better running, screens, quick passes.

Jones is nothing special.  He’s just better than Fields and Wilson who flat out stink

14 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Bengals were 6-10 the season before Zac Taylor was hired and they were 2-14 in his first season. Being the hopeful idiot fan that I am I will buy in to a Bengal type rebuild. Stink in year 1; be competitive in year 2; and contend in year 3.

There are some parallels to the Bengals and Jets situations.  Burrow was drafted in Taylor’s second season however.  But Taylor also brought in a rookie OC and a rookie DC with him.  The biggest difference is the personnel changes from year 1 to year 3 though.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

There are some parallels to the Bengals and Jets situations.  Burrow was drafted in Taylor’s second season however.  But Taylor also brought in a rookie OC and a rookie DC with him.  The biggest difference is the personnel changes from year 1 to year 3 though.  

The biggest difference is Burrow was a tremendous college prospect who excelled facing elite competition 

Zach Wilson made pretty throws facing nothing programs and then sucked against Coastal Carolina.  Really he and Fields most sane people could see were locks to bust

• Upvote 1

See alot of Bengals comparisions.....I can grasp on to the bengals model

Only problem is i went back to their 2019 year season and alota losses are close. They got blown out a few times but I fear not as much as 26-0 or 54-13. Alota football left for the Jets in 2021. 

In the end, Burrow made them a team. Its going to be on Wilson. If he returns and plays well, MAYBE we can model the Bengals. If he continues to stink we are ****ed

• Upvote 1

Just now, undertow said:

Meh he's focusing on the QBs.  Firstly Wilson missing a month is not a big deal and has no impact on if he will be a good QB in the future and Mac Jones is the last thing I'm worried about.  Wilson taking a break I actually think is a positive.

I just hope that Wilson will finally reach the conclusion that bailing the pocket to the right or left rather than stepping up is his worst habit and a big issue for his lack of success. If he steps up: 1) he still has the whole field, rather than half of it to throw to; 2) he can clearly see his check down; 3) he is in a better position (mechanically) to throw; 4) a running lane would be more apparent if he decides to tuck and run; and 5) the O lineman are pass blocking with an emphasis on clearing the middle so the QB can step up (this is why pressure up the middle is so valued by teams).

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I understand people being low on Zach but until our interior Oline is fixed, and our OC stops running the ball at our 2 worst Olinemen what do we expect him to do!?

Zach has a better roster than Sam did last season.  Corey Davis by himself is better than all our WRs last year combined

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

See alot of Bengals comparisions.....I can grasp on to the bengals model

Only problem is i went back to their 2019 year season and alota losses are close. They got blown out a few times but I fear not as much as 26-0 or 54-13. Alota football left for the Jets in 2021. 

In the end, Burrow made them a team. Its going to be on Wilson. If he returns and plays well, MAYBE we can model the Bengals. If he continues to stink we are ****ed

Burrow played very well in a lot of their losses

Zach has not

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

Zach has a better roster than Sam did last season.  Corey Davis by himself is better than all our WRs last year combined

I agree but again until we stop running at GVR and McGovern twice, then setting him up for 3rd and longs where he has no time what do we want him to do? His short yardage accuracy has been bad and he’s made some dumb throws 100% but he’s not a finished product by any means 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I agree but again until we stop running at GVR and McGovern twice, then setting him up for 3rd and longs where he has no time what do we want him to do? His short yardage accuracy has been bad and he’s made some dumb throws 100% but he’s not a finished product by any means 

Why are Jets fans in such delusionworld over Zach Wilson’s stinkage?  

You can make all the excuses possible he’s been mostly terrible.  The second pick overall in the draft shouldn’t be worse than Mike White

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Being the hopeful idiot fan that I am I will buy in to a Bengal type rebuild. Stink in year 1; be competitive in year 2; and contend in year 3.

The problem is that Gase and Darnold were better than Saleh and Wilson.  The "stink in Year 1" happened in 2017, Suck For Sam, remember?

You are hoping that a HC and QB who are worse than the awful HC and QB that were here before them are going to be better than they were and that's wrong thinking.

The sooner we get an experienced GM and experienced HC in here, the better.  This roster is way too young and way too broken to continue with the amateur's we have calling the shots now.

SAR I