Great Eisen Rant

kevinc855

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I’ve chosen to not bring back Gase but, since you’re so insistent, I might tell Woody to have a halftime dedication ceremony and retire his name next to Weeb’s. 

Apologize for what you’ve done.  You’ve set us back years.  Gase and Maccagnan were better than this.  You were wrong. 

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If Gase and Sanchez were truly this good, their post Jets careers would demonstrate how the Jets made a mistake.

Ah, I get it.  That makes sense.  So because Rex Ryan was such a bad head coach in Buffalo that means he must have sucked here, right?

SAR I

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm always right.  You're always wrong.

Tell me again how 2019 and 7 wins with a roster built by the awful Mike Maccagnan was meaningless when 2021 is headed to 2 wins against a schedule that is just as easy and a roster hand-crafted by Joe Douglas.

"We can replace Mark Sanchez easily!"

"Mike Maccagnan sucks!"

"Adam Gase is the worst!"

Still waiting.  Still waiting for the QB better than Sanchez (8 years), looks like Douglas and Saleh are going to waste 2 seasons or more.  You Jets Illuminati are the reason for the problem we have right now.  Your big mouths and horrible misreads made our owner move in the wrong direction and make us worse.  Congratulations.

SAR I

So Douglas and the Johnsons listen to the fan base in making key personnel decisions? ??

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ah, I get it.  That makes sense.  So because Rex Ryan was such a bad head coach in Buffalo that means he must have sucked here, right?

SAR I

It's easy.

Firing Walt Michaels - mistake.  The Jets were a SB contender under Michaels and Walton was an inferior coach

Firing Joe Walton - not a mistake.  Never coached in the NFL again

Firing Bruce Coslet - not a mistake. 

Firing Pete Carroll  after one season - colossal mistake - successful playoff team/championship winning coach in NE, USC, and Seattle

Firing Rich Kotite - not a mistake

Bill Parcells quits -  gut punch and treasonous move.

Keeping Parcells around after he quit - colossal mistake leading to Bill Belichick going to the Pats

Firing Herm Edwards - not a mistake.  Record at KC was terrible

Firing Eric Mangini - not a mistake.  Failed miserably in Cleveland and alienated the entire organization at the same time.  Never coached again.

Firing Rex Ryan - not a mistake.  Failed in Buffalo and never coached again

Firing Todd Bowles - not a mistake so far. Good DC, not a HC

Firing Adam Gase - not a mistake.  Coaching 3rd graders - probably losing

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Apologize for what you’ve done.  You’ve set us back years.  Gase and Maccagnan were better than this.  You were wrong. 

SAR I

I admit it.  I, personally, have set the Jets back years.  I should've kept Gase and Sanchez.

In the meantime, I'm planning on trading Marcus Maye, Jamison Crowder and possibly even Quinnen Williams.  

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Look - the Jets stunk on Sunday, but they were down 6-7 defensive starters since training camp. On a thin roster, you can't replace that and compete with the best coach in the past 20 years.  They had only 2 linebackers available to play in the second half.  

Fair enough.  Maybe I'm overreacting on the defense (we'll see).  I was more trying to point out that Mac Jones was getting too much credit.

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's easy.

Firing Walt Michaels - mistake.  The Jets were a SB contender under Michaels and Walton was an inferior coach

Firing Joe Walton - not a mistake.  Never coached in the NFL again

Firing Bruce Coslet - not a mistake. 

Firing Pete Carroll  after one season - colossal mistake - successful playoff team/championship winning coach in NE, USC, and Seattle

Firing Rich Kotite - not a mistake

Bill Parcells quits -  gut punch and treasonous move.

Keeping Parcells around after he quit - colossal mistake leading to Bill Belichick going to the Pats

Firing Herm Edwards - not a mistake.  Record at KC was terrible

Firing Eric Mangini - not a mistake.  Failed miserably in Cleveland and alienated the entire organization at the same time.  Never coached again.

Firing Rex Ryan - not a mistake.  Failed in Buffalo and never coached again

Firing Todd Bowles - not a mistake so far. Good DC, not a HC

Firing Adam Gase - not a mistake.  Coaching 3rd graders - probably losing

And now Darnold was benched and leads the NFL in INTs+Fumbles surrounded by offensive talent, Jamal is playing awful, Leo is invisible.
JD needs to do a much better job adding talent no question, but SAR acts like JD broke up a potential dynasty in the making. These guys stink too. Good lord

So only QBs from major college programs are successful in the NFL?  I can make a loooong list of great NFL QBs that did not come from major colleges.  And I can also make a loonnnng list of QBs from major colleges that busted. Your argument is wrong.  

I didn’t say that at all. What I said is Joe Burrow was much more prepared to start and succeed right away in the NFL. When drafting a kid from a 2nd rate college line BYU, it’s very unlikely that he’s going to be able to start in the NFL from day one because the speed and intelligence of the game at the NFL level is light years ahead. If taking a QB from a school like BYU with intent to start him on day one it’s imperative that QB has physical traits to compensate for the lack of understanding. For example, Josh Allen is big as hell and can run. While learning the game a player like Allen can at least have some success using his physical gifts while learning the rest of the game, and even then that player will still struggle. In the case of Wilson there’s absolutely nothing special about him. He’s not big and he’s not fast, so he has nothing to fall back on when he’s too slow to process the field mentally. He has a strong arm, but so does most of the NFL. He has no business STARTING right now. He needed to learn the NFL game completely before being thrown out there to adjust to the speed of the game. We’re all supposed to go gaga because he gave a playground style “go deep” signal to Corey Davis and hit him. I’ll be far more excited when he demonstrates that he’s aware of what a Defense is doing and hits the appropriate receiver in response to that knowledge instead of constantly allowing the play to break down and going to his playground ball.
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I didn’t say that at all. What I said is Joe Burrow was much more prepared to start and succeed right away in the NFL. When drafting a kid from a 2nd rate college line BYU, it’s very unlikely that he’s going to be able to start in the NFL from day one because the speed and intelligence of the game at the NFL level is light years ahead. If taking a QB from a school like BYU with intent to start him on day one it’s imperative that QB has physical traits to compensate for the lack of understanding. For example, Josh Allen is big as hell and can run. While learning the game a player like Allen can at least have some success using his physical gifts while learning the rest of the game, and even then that player will still struggle. In the case of Wilson there’s absolutely nothing special about him. He’s not big and he’s not fast, so he has nothing to fall back on when he’s too slow to process the field mentally. He has a strong arm, but so does most of the NFL. He has no business STARTING right now. He needed to learn the NFL game completely before being thrown out there to adjust to the speed of the game. We’re all supposed to go gaga because he gave a playground style “go deep” signal to Corey Davis and hit him. I’ll be far more excited when he demonstrates that he’s aware of what a Defense is doing and hits the appropriate receiver in response to that knowledge instead of constantly allowing the play to break down and going to his playground ball.

I think the learning curve applies to any QB who makes the move from college to the NFL.  Case in point - Justin Fields. He is struggling as much or more than Wilson on a more talented team.  Fields played for one of the best teams in the country for 3 years and carved up the likes of Clemson 10 months ago.  It didn't help him adjust to the NFL.  

I think the learning curve applies to any QB who makes the move from college to the NFL.  Case in point - Justin Fields. He is struggling as much or more than Wilson on a more talented team.  Fields played for one of the best teams in the country for 3 years and carved up the likes of Clemson 10 months ago.  It didn't help him adjust to the NFL.  

Correct, and the Bears we’re doing all they could to keep Fields on the bench all year so he could learn the fundamentals. That was the right thing to do. They should still be doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 10/26/2021 at 10:44 AM, Sellis92 said:

The biggest difference is Burrow was a tremendous college prospect who excelled facing elite competition 

Zach Wilson made pretty throws facing nothing programs and then sucked against Coastal Carolina.  Really he and Fields most sane people could see were locks to bust

Sure, but did Burrow "break the internet" with one of his pro day passes? 

You're not focused on what is important.

13 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's easy.

Do you know how hard it was to get fired for being drunk on a flight home after losing a big game in 1982?

That's how drunk Walt Michaels was coming back from Miami after the AFC Championship Game.

Multiple magic words and sentences to the wrong people... It must have been spectacular to watch.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Correct, and the Bears we’re doing all they could to keep Fields on the bench all year so he could learn the fundamentals. That was the right thing to do. They should still be doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

But they have the great Nick Foles to ease the pain. Some on this board wanted JD to trade a 2-3 rd pick for him. The Bears won't even activate him. Not attacking you by any means, just showing that the Jets aren't the only ones who decide to play rookies before they are probably ready. And the Bears had two vets to choose from, unlike us.

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Do you know how hard it was to get fired for being drunk on a flight home after losing a big game in 1982?

That's how drunk Walt Michaels was coming back from Miami after the AFC Championship Game.

Multiple magic words and sentences to the wrong people... It must have been spectacular to watch.

Wasn't the story he told Kensil's wife to get the *%& out of the players and coaches section ? Multiple times, and probably other things as well?

15 minutes ago, section314 said:

Wasn't the story he told Kensil's wife to get the *%& out of the players and coaches section ? Multiple times, and probably other things as well?

I think that is how it started but it **had** to be more than just that ... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

I think that is how it started but it **had** to be more than just that ... 

He was (justifiably) livid about Shula leaving the field uncovered in a game that provided the best chance for the Jets to play in a SB in 50 years.  So he had too much to drink and cursed some people out?  If he had remained as coach and was not replaced by the even more paranoid nose picker,  the Jets probably play in and win a SB in the 80s.  

7 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Think it's defensible to start Wilson on Day 1. But it was indefensible not to have Flacco or someobody like him on the bench for when thinsg went sideways. 

Allen with size and running was able to do some things until he caught up. Mac Jones and Burrow played the highest level of college against defenses stocked with future NFL players. Those things matter. The coronation of Wilson with neither the attributes of Allen or the SEC experience was criminally stupid.