What About Joe Douglas? ?

We can all look at the players and coaches, criticizing and scrutinizing, but imho, Joe Douglas plays a HUGE role in ALL of this. He’s chosen injury prone players in trade versus more talented, stronger players, and I think it’s to save money. Case in point, he turned down a chance to sign Jonnu Smith and took Tyler Kroft instead. The two players are miles apart in talent and strength. Joe passed on Jonnu, who was signed by the Pats…four years for $50 million…we signed Tyler, who is injury prone, for a one year, two million dollar contract. Joe failed to focus on the offensive line enough…we need strong running backs, not 20 wide receivers, especially when the coaches aren’t going to play Mims, one of the best on our bench. And how about protection for Zach? Another failure by Joe….I could point out so much more, but everyone has to think about this “superstar” GM, too

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, MarySantiago said:

We can all look at the players and coaches, criticizing and scrutinizing, but imho, Joe Douglas plays a HUGE role in ALL of this. He’s chosen injury prone players in trade versus more talented, stronger players, and I think it’s to save money. Case in point, he turned down a chance to sign Jonnu Smith and took Tyler Kroft instead. The two players are miles apart in talent and strength. Joe passed on Jonnu, who was signed by the Pats…four years for $50 million…we signed Tyler, who is injury prone, for a one year, two million dollar contract. Joe failed to focus on the offensive line enoughwe need strong running backs, not 20 wide receivers, especially when the coaches aren’t going to play Mims, one of the best on our bench. And how about protection for Zach? Another failure by Joe….I could point out so much more, but everyone has to think about this “superstar” GM, too

I'm not sure you actually pointed out anything, your arguments all seem suspect at best.

1 paying kroft to be a TE for 2 mill seems much better than 50 million on SMITH. You can switch in any position on the team with your logic and say Joe didn't do good enough. Why now say QB, RB, WR OL etc etc...this is not a serious argument. Smith get hurt too btw

2 we drafted a lineman in the first round and brought in another vet.. I mean I guess this is some argument for FA lineman but seems like he did alot for the line. We spent a first the last two year on Lineman.

3 we drafted a RB and we did need WR help, and get got some. 

4 MIMs is not the best WR we have, nor would anyone argue he is. We have seen crap from mims. He has potential sure but just making him one of our best is not really accurate. But it is up in the air since we have seen so little of him, he is maybe the 5th best WR we have.

5 you talked about the line already but zach has been pretty well protected...could the line get better sure, be better sure, but what you are saying doesn't really match reality.

And lastly, I do not think you could name many more things, your ill thought-out list is probably the max you have and none of them are sure fire dunks on Joe at all. It might have been more convincing if you actually blamed Joe for something that is his fault, like saying why would you bring in Joe flacco who doesn't really do anything for the team but cost draft capitol. And if we are in rebuild that seems like a mistake.

See how i did that. I blamed Joe for a mistake he made as a GM. You can argue one way or the other if  back up QB was needed, but paying draft capitol while pitching the rebuild seems to not mesh and pretty easily identifiable issue. The stuff you said is just liek anti Joe Propanganda. 

All I know is that even i the biggest Joe supporter do not understand the flacco move. I bet its a ownership deal.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Joejet, how about you not act like an arrogant Patriots fan, and their sarcastic coach, and not say anything at all? I JUST joined this group today, and wasn’t aware there were so many other posts about this. However, I have my own thoughts! I’ve been a Jets fan since I was 7, and I’m 46…. Don’t be rude to me….there’s no reason for it

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, MarySantiago said:

BornJetsFan1983….I’m sorry you’re a Joe Douglas supporter….however, you don’t have the right to be condescending to me….telling me my points were Ill thought out? No, not the case….Im not here to show my ass when I’m writing my opinion amongst what I thought were other Jets fans….no, you don’t have to agree with me, but you also don’t have to take it as a personal attack on you….or is it bc I’m a woman making these comments? At any rate, I’m NOT a fan of Joe Douglas

There's an irrational segment of the fanbase who take it personally when you question any move Douglas has made...almost cult like just a warning. lmao.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, MarySantiago said:

JTJet

Thank you for welcoming me…lmk what I can do to help in your mission…lol

No problem. 

I welcome any JD hater with open arms! Dont let a couple asshats deter you from your mission. Spread the word! 

Also, if you want to tag someone to continue the conversation type "@" immediately followed by their screename. It will pull up a list of names and you can select them, that will notify them that you mention them in a comment. 

You can do that, or you can quote their comment, and reply and keep it going in the thread. 

Hope that helps. 

19 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

All I know is that even i the biggest Joe supporter do not understand the flacco move. I bet its a ownership deal

Wow. What? Lol. 

JD had a previous relationship with Flacco, JD signed him last year, JD made a trade with his old team, Woody literally never even crossed paths with Flacco in the building.... but you bet its ownership. 

Holy hell man. Jim Jones himself would be proud. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, MarySantiago said:

JTJet

Thank you for welcoming me…lmk what I can do to help in your mission…lol

Hi Mary, I’m Crusher. Welcome to the board and I too have serious concerns about Joe Douglas. If you want to tag someone you can put a @ in front of their name and select it. Like this @MarySantiago, this way they will see it in their notifications. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm not sure you actually pointed out anything, your arguments all seem suspect at best.

1 paying kroft to be a TE for 2 mill seems much better than 50 million on SMITH. You can switch in any position on the team with your logic and say Joe didn't do good enough. Why now say QB, RB, WR OL etc etc...this is not a serious argument. Smith get hurt too btw

2 we drafted a lineman in the first round and brought in another vet.. I mean I guess this is some argument for FA lineman but seems like he did alot for the line. We spent a first the last two year on Lineman.

3 we drafted a RB and we did need WR help, and get got some. 

4 MIMs is not the best WR we have, nor would anyone argue he is. We have seen crap from mims. He has potential sure but just making him one of our best is not really accurate. But it is up in the air since we have seen so little of him, he is maybe the 5th best WR we have.

5 you talked about the line already but zach has been pretty well protected...could the line get better sure, be better sure, but what you are saying doesn't really match reality.

And lastly, I do not think you could name many more things, your ill thought-out list is probably the max you have and none of them are sure fire dunks on Joe at all. It might have been more convincing if you actually blamed Joe for something that is his fault, like saying why would you bring in Joe flacco who doesn't really do anything for the team but cost draft capitol. And if we are in rebuild that seems like a mistake.

See how i did that. I blamed Joe for a mistake he made as a GM. You can argue one way or the other if  back up QB was needed, but paying draft capitol while pitching the rebuild seems to not mesh and pretty easily identifiable issue. The stuff you said is just liek anti Joe Propanganda. 

All I know is that even i the biggest Joe supporter do not understand the flacco move. I bet its a ownership deal.

The O line has had more resources dumped into it than any other position group and is still a bottom 5 o line in the league.

We have the worst running game in the league with the line getting no push whatsoever, and have given up the 7th most sacks in the league. The other 6 teams above us? Theyve all played 1 more game than we have.

He has spent money and picks on the line, but it's as bad if not worse than it was when he started.

That's as damning as you can get. 

7 hours ago, undertow said:

There's an irrational segment of the fanbase who take it personally when you question any move Douglas has made...almost cult like just a warning. lmao.

Bleh.  I’ve been among his biggest defenders but I just don’t care anymore.  This franchise won’t win d*ck until the Johnson’s die or sell the team. 

7 hours ago, JTJet said:

Wow. What? Lol. 

JD had a previous relationship with Flacco, JD signed him last year, JD made a trade with his old team, Woody literally never even crossed paths with Flacco in the building.... but you bet its ownership. 

Holy hell man. Jim Jones himself would be proud. 

Im just saying it doesn't make a lot of sense and usually that ownership doing it...I could see them saying we need a veteran Joe. Joe says stay the course. White if the back and will be fine. We are holding something here. Then they say Joe. Hire a veteran...then Joe says we'll i could bring in flacco. Then ownershiosnsays that sounds great joe

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The O line has had more resources dumped into it than any other position group and is still a bottom 5 o line in the league.

We have the worst running game in the league with the line getting no push whatsoever, and have given up the 7th most sacks in the league. The other 6 teams above us? Theyve all played 1 more game than we have.

He has spent money and picks on the line, but it's as bad if not worse than it was when he started.

That's as damning as you can get. 

Carter looked pretty good to me. It be nice if they used him more.

Hey man new system and all that..but Joe has done a lot to improve line and still working on it. It is def not as bad talent wise, performance maybe I guess if you didn't watch the precious seasons and saw darnold running for his life every play. I mean then you could say that this like is worse because you would not be aware of what it was like before. Even with injury the line is far better.

37 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Carter looked pretty good to me. It be nice if they used him more.

Hey man new system and all that..but Joe has done a lot to improve line and still working on it. It is def not as bad talent wise, performance maybe I guess if you didn't watch the precious seasons and saw darnold running for his life every play. I mean then you could say that this like is worse because you would not be aware of what it was like before. Even with injury the line is far better.

I watched the games. It isnt better and the stats back that up. Wilson has been running for his life and got injured in the first 6 games. Watching the games it was already evident he was going to get hurt at some point.

Carter is averaging 3.5 YPC. The same rate that the corpse of Frank Gore achieved the year prior. He doesnt look good.

We are on pace to give up 50+ sacks and again, have statistically the worst running game in the NFL.

There is nothing to suggest the o line has improved under Joe Douglas despite all the resources he is pouring into it. 

Even if you want to dig into places like PFF we are ranked near the bottom of the league 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MarySantiago said:

Joejet, how about you not act like an arrogant Patriots fan, and their sarcastic coach, and not say anything at all? I JUST joined this group today, and wasn’t aware there were so many other posts about this. However, I have my own thoughts! I’ve been a Jets fan since I was 7, and I’m 46…. Don’t be rude to me….there’s no reason for it

My guess is that you are probably one of the posters that have been banned and are here to troll under a different name. I will assume that you can read and if so you should have known that there were several posts already out there trashing everyone from the GM to the coaching staff and the players. 

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Im just saying it doesn't make a lot of sense and usually that ownership doing it...I could see them saying we need a veteran Joe. Joe says stay the course. White if the back and will be fine. We are holding something here. Then they say Joe. Hire a veteran...then Joe says we'll i could bring in flacco. Then ownershiosnsays that sounds great joe

Wouldn't be surprised if a conversation like this happened. But signing Joe Flacco seems like malicious compliance by JD. "Oh, you want a vet QB? I'll show you a vet QB you rich bastids..."

12 hours ago, MarySantiago said:

Joe passed on Jonnu, who was signed by the Pats…four years for $50 million…we signed Tyler, who is injury prone, for a one year, two million dollar contract.

Sounds about right.  But really, do we know who wants to sign where?  You think a FA would pick the 2 win Jets over the Pats for the same money?  Sometimes you lose out on a FA and you get stuck picking from the bottom of the barrel

• Upvote 2