Grown men.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh cool. So, being a “Muslim Bowles” wasn’t meant as an insult?

Uh Huh Reaction GIF

Stop projecting your own latent prejudices and stereotypes. You only exacerbate it by pointing it out rather than simply ignoring the odd comment like everyone else and sticking to football. Your insinuation is more repulsive than what he actually stated merely by you wanting to be the PC moral police. Stick to football and leave out your incorrect interpretation and overreaction of @Ecuadorian Jetcomment ?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

clearly an insult to Bowles and how Saleh has done a 180 on his DC personality to his time now as a HC, but if you want to stir it up for no reason, go for it

It’s not ‘clearly’. 

If your goal was to say ‘he’s just like Bowles and boring’ then you say that.

There is no rationale for bringing up his religion. on a site with no politics or religion in the context of insulting him. None.

Dontvtry to flip the script and suggest it’s no biggie and I’m just stirring things up. If you didn’t intend on sounding like a bigot, then do better. You may have said it with harmless intent, but if it goes unchecked then it’ll start getting abused by lots of posters here with different intent.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

This is a pretty meat-headed take on it, frankly. 

He’s not saying he doesn’t expect to have to motivate the team. He’s saying yelling and screaming isn’t as motivating as Frankie from Staten Island thinks it is.

Yeah, it’s all performative, but sometimes performative works

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Stop projecting your own latent prejudices and stereotypes. You only exacerbate it by pointing it out rather than simply ignoring the odd comment like everyone else and sticking to football. Your insinuation is more repulsive than what he actually stated merely by you wanting to be the PC moral police. Stick to football and leave out your incorrect interpretation and overreaction of @Ecuadorian Jetcomment ?

Gosh. You sure told me.

I don’t quite know what you told me… but, you sure did it.

I’m not sure how pointing out the use of his religion in the context of an insult makes me prejudice, but I’m sure you’ll use a lot of words incorrectly trying to prove it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I just explained this concept to someone I supervise that I've known for 20 years. 

I'm a hardass on the new personnel in the office, and have high expectations.  I try to push new investigators to be better, and it generally works. 

Once I figure the person out and what leadership style they respond best to, I ease up.

But you can NEVER start easy and then try to be a hard ass later. That NEVER works. Its why Military Boot Camps around the world function the way they do. Because it is proven and  works. 

Saleh has been a huge disappointment. 

This team didn't need a ******* buddy, they needed a goddamn Drill Sergeant. 

Great post

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I just explained this concept to someone I supervise that I've known for 20 years. 

I'm a hardass on the new personnel in the office, and have high expectations.  I try to push new investigators to be better, and it generally works. 

Once I figure the person out and what leadership style they respond best to, I ease up.

But you can NEVER start easy and then try to be a hardest later. That NEVER works. Its why Military Boo Camps around the world function the way they do. It works. 

Saleh has been a huge disappointment. 

This team didn't need a ******* buddy, they needed a goddamn Drill Sergeant. 

Joe Judge's Drill Sergeant system isn't working out well for him and the Giants, but Saleh's 'They're grown men' system is just as lame. Honestly, the best head coaches are the ones who find a good medium, and so far, Saleh hasn't achieved that.

But you are right in saying that they need the harshness to begin with. After going 2-14 and looking like a high school football team, you can't just come in and act like they're grown men because they're not. They are a bunch of high schoolers. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

you can't just come in and act like they're grown men because they're n

This is where the gap is. The team is loaded with rookies and young players - 25 year olds aren’t “grown men”. 

They need to learn how to be grown men at that age, which is why some good veterans should be rostered and the coaches shouldn’t be pals.

To me, it’s got more to do with respect, authority, accountability and consequence… set that in motion, get plates bought in, and it doesn’t matter if you yell or whisper.

I don’t think anyone is truly bought in here. I question if they even know what they’re supposed to buy into.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Hex said:

Joe Judge's Drill Sergeant system isn't working out well for him and the Giants, but Saleh's 'They're grown men' system is just as lame. Honestly, the best head coaches are the ones who find a good medium, and so far, Saleh hasn't achieved that.

But you are right in saying that they need the harshness to begin with. After going 2-14 and looking like a high school football team, you can't just come in and act like they're grown men because they're not. They are a bunch of high schoolers. 

The trick to being a hard ass is knowing when to lay off. Judge obviously never figured that part out....Parcells was the MASTER of that. 

That's the point of starting off hard, setting a tone, and figuring people out. When you have them on their toes but not flinching whenever you walk into the room (lol), you surprise them by taking a lighter tone. When you have people that want to do well FOR you, and not out of fear or anxiety, it's a good thing. And when they know you're actually a good guy that has their back BUT they also know you can be a genuine hardass when you need to be (Yeah, Lt is cool... but don't piss him off ?)

Thats when you can really shape a team or subordinate.  Not MY idea, learned it in the Army. They have some experience in developing teamwork....

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

They got the 'veterans' part down with flacco, but as we all know, the jets have only gotten things half done this season if at all.

Let’s face it: JD brought in Flacco to quell the mob while preventing any possibility of a QB controversy. This was a coward’s move. Plain and simple.

Just now, jgb said:

Let’s face it: JD brought in Flacco to quell the mob while preventing any possibility of a QB controversy. Nevertheless he will easily outperform Wilson.

Yea, that's a good point. Hopefully that shows as at least an ok choice. Flacco isn't the greatest, but I think he's good enough to help wilson learn.

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Saleh should be yelling at JD for fouling up his big chance to be a HC.

And vice versa, vice versa, vice versa, vice versa, vice versa

Saleh pointing to JD

JD pointing to Macc

Mims pointing to LaFleuer

Woody pointing to Chris

Zach pointing to Jets punter Mann

spidey.png

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hex said:

Yea, that's a good point. Hopefully that shows as at least an ok choice. Flacco isn't the greatest, but I think he's good enough to help wilson learn.

This was a coward’s move both in timing and in personnel. JD hit the snooze button all off season as teams acquired youngish, established QBs for peanuts only to trade for Flacco and pay him more than Trubisky and Minshew combined — two guys he could’ve had for a song with this tiniest dollop of foresight who would now be sitting on months of practice experience. Just an absolute inexcusable whiff on his part. It’s like he believed if he acted like Wilson was going to be so great no real backup was needed he could magically will it into being.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

This was a coward’s move both in timing and in personnel. JD hit the snooze button all off season as teams acquired youngish, established QBs for peanuts only to trade for Flacco and pay him more than Trubisky and Minshew combined — two guys he could’ve had for a song with this tiniest dollop of foresight who would now be sitting on months of practice experience. Just an absolute inexcusable whiff on his part. It’s like he believed if he acted like Wilson was going to be so great no real backup was needed he could magically will it into being.

He did fall in love (pretty much) with wilson's play style, but he invested into a volatile market, and now it's showing through. Hopefully JD has learned from this, but it's probably too late now. 

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yea competition makes you better. Any sport you play, inspires competition, even amongst your own teammates. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

He did fall in love (pretty much) with wilson's play style, but he invested into a volatile market, and now it's showing through. Hopefully JD has learned from this, but it's probably too late now. 

I love my house but I still have insurance 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

Hopefully not too late.  JD can improve and maybe we can finally have some continuity in the front office. 

I hope so because the other option is another rookie GM who would hire another rookie defensive-minded coach.   Round and round we go.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

Serious question: do we know that he wasn't angry and in the refs faces? I watched the game and don't remember any shot of him on the sideline at that time. Now, in the 2nd half he was a zombie....staring off into the distance like Adam Gase staring at a clipboard.....as I saw in several shots of him.

I didn’t notice any remark in the broadcast about it. I’m sure he protested, but after the second non call it should have taken up airtime. 

it’s just sad. The fire’s gone out and they gotta find a way to reignite it. 

• Upvote 1

The problem is we (as so many JD defenders start every sentence off with) the youngest team in the league. 

So you may need a little more direction and at times “motivation”. Saleh with his dumb comment at the PC is speaking like a mature 40 something year old. The kids, literally kids on his team Don’t think the same way. 

Team needs more discipline and motivation. Saleh wants to be everyone’s friend. Dude needs to start being a coach. 

At 23 or 22 I wasn’t a “grown man” yet 

It’s shocking this team is actually much worse than Gase’s team. Passionless HC, clueless O.C and generally horrible coaching.

Anyone think Bill Belichick is a passive coach, Parcells, Lombardi? If this continues much longer it’s one and done. The league office will be calling The Johnson’s when the attendance drops below 50k, then the writing will be on the wall.