Grown men.

23 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s shocking this team is actually much worse than Gase’s team. Passionless HC, clueless O.C and generally horrible coaching.

Anyone think Bill Belichick is a passive coach, Parcells, Lombardi? If this continues much longer it’s one and done. The league office will be calling The Johnson’s when the attendance drops below 50k, then the writing will be on the wall.

Woody is back and not of a nice cheery guy as Chris.

Losing 41 points to your hated rival and being made fun of all across the media will do funny things to an owner. 

First sign is this Flacco move. JD and Saleh are less confident in their youth movement being able to survive the fan base and owner 

34 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s shocking this team is actually much worse than Gase’s team. Passionless HC, clueless O.C and generally horrible coaching.

Anyone think Bill Belichick is a passive coach, Parcells, Lombardi? If this continues much longer it’s one and done. The league office will be calling The Johnson’s when the attendance drops below 50k, then the writing will be on the wall.

To make the argument that “passion” is the missing ingredient for Saleh, then bring up Belichik as your first example… 

Big speaks softly, but carries a big stick - or whatever that expression is. He doesn’t yell. He benches you. He trades you. He’s ruthless.

Calling for more passion is 100% projection by fans. Saleh needs to be less forgiving and accommodating - that’s what’s making him a doormat. 

He has all the makings of a good coach - he just hasn’t figured out that a coordinator is a player advocate who tries to get the guys more playing time, a head coach is the guy that sits your ass down when you fail.

Three things set this season in its current course:

1. Zach didn’t have to ‘win’ the job (awful look in a young locker room, sets the tone for players being entitled to roles)

2. Zero- tolerance handling of Mims (mismanagement of a person and situation under the microscope can deteriorate credibility)

3. Joe Douglas missed on most of the picks in his first draft, effectively extending the 10+ streak of having no talent pipeline for the roster - a team CAN NOT be good when the draft has netted zero for 10 years

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Still perplexed over the approach during training camp.

There are a number of legitimate complaints to be made about the Saleh regime to-date.

Following the training camp CBA rules about allowable number of days with pads/hitting is not one of them.

It is my understanding that the Jets did what the entire league did, followed the CBA for allowable practices with pads/hitting.

If you have a reputable source that says otherwise, please provide it and I will stand corrected.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There are a number of legitimate complaints to be made about the Saleh regime to-date.

Following the training camp CBA rules about allowable number of days with pads/hitting is not one of them.

It is my understanding that the Jets did what the entire league did, followed the CBA for allowable practices with pads/hitting.

If you have a reputable source that says otherwise, please provide it and I will stand corrected.  

Practices were routinely under 2 hours and they had maybe one consecutive practice with pads on. It made no sense for such a young team. 

The "grown men" shtick is definitely a contrived PR line. I have seen Joe Judge say the same thing at press conferences the last year or 2. 

Coaches used to get grilled for either saying the players are or aren't giving 100pct. Instead, you just say they are grown men and kind of ignore the bigger question of player by player effort. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The "grown men" shtick is definitely a contrived PR line. I have seen Joe Judge say the same thing at press conferences the last year or 2. 

Coaches used to get grilled for either saying the players are or aren't giving 100pct. Instead, you just say they are grown men and kind of ignore the bigger question of player by player effort. 

You don’t give up 50 like that without there being an effort problem. My concern is he’s not even addressing it behind closed doors. The whole out-executed stuff is the last thing you want to hear. The team didn’t get off the bus.

Also it makes you wonder if the coaches are putting in the effort and the time? 

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Practices were routinely under 2 hours and they had maybe one consecutive practice with pads on. It made no sense for such a young team. 

I'll repeat, if you have a reputable source that can demonstrate that the Jets did something other than what the other NFL teams did under the CBA rules governing training camp, please provide it and I will stand corrected.

Until then, I'm aware you think camp was "soft", which seems more an issue with the CBA than with the Jets unless otherwise shown.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll repeat, if you have a reputable source that can demonstrate that the Jets did something other than what the other NFL teams did under the CBA rules governing training camp, please provide it and I will stand corrected.

Until then, I'm aware you think camp was "soft", which seems more an issue with the CBA than with the Jets unless otherwise shown.

You can go back and look at the beat writers tweets/reports of when each practice was. Cimini noted when they were in pads and not. They were under the allotted number of padded practices and practices were shorter than usual. Were you following during the summer?

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yep. If you want to implicitly blame the player you say "he's a grown man." If you want to absolve a player from blame, always refer to him as "kid."

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yep. If you want to implicitly blame the player you say "he's a grown man." If you want to absolve a player from blame, always refer to him as "kid."

Correct and either way the coach has successfully relayed to the media that whether these guys try hard or not is never the coaches responsibility. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Bingo.

Claiming to know exactly how the team conducted all of its practices, how the players and the coaches approached training camp, and with what energy, etc. etc. etc., is total nonsense.  If this is the yardstick, the entire league has "gone soft" for the exact reasons Warfish states. 

The Cardinals aren't good because Kingsbury is running Oklahoma drills in the parking lot.  They're good because they have a good scheme and excellent players to execute that scheme. 

As much as I love Shane theories, this one is silly.  A little too EDGYYYYY for me.

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You can go back and look at the beat writers tweets/reports of when each practice was. Cimini noted when they were in pads and not. They were under the allotted number of padded practices and practices were shorter than usual. Were you following during the summer?

You're seriously going to hang your hat on training camp tweets from Brian Costello and Connor Hughes as your support for this crackpot nonsense?  

4 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

You're seriously going to hang your hat on training camp tweets from Brian Costello and Connor Hughes as your support for this crackpot nonsense?  

they are not good at what they do but they can decipher if the team is wearing pads or not. 

6 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Bingo.

Claiming to know exactly how the team conducted all of its practices, how the players and the coaches approached training camp, and with what energy, etc. etc. etc., is total nonsense.  If this is the yardstick, the entire league has "gone soft" for the exact reasons Warfish states. 

The Cardinals aren't good because Kingsbury is running Oklahoma drills in the parking lot.  They're good because they have a good scheme and excellent players to execute that scheme. 

As much as I love Shane theories, this one is silly.  A little too EDGYYYYY for me.

You think the Jets gave up 50 after a bye because they didn’t execute? Come on. It’s more than that. 

This is something that I have wondered about.  There were times when the practices seemed light.  We were told that they only had so many padded practices, like they were being saved.  Now we hear they got a day off after being embarrassed coming off the bye?  Are we using all the allotted practices or not?  WTF?  What are we saving them for?  Maybe they got the time off because they are so banged up?  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This is where the gap is. The team is loaded with rookies and young players - 25 year olds aren’t “grown men”. 

They need to learn how to be grown men at that age, which is why some good veterans should be rostered and the coaches shouldn’t be pals.

To me, it’s got more to do with respect, authority, accountability and consequence… set that in motion, get plates bought in, and it doesn’t matter if you yell or whisper.

I don’t think anyone is truly bought in here. I question if they even know what they’re supposed to buy into.

Lot of young kids here. And young coaches.  Saleh looks lost. Dont know if he is the one to inspire these kids to be grown men. They are not. Hopefully he grows into it.  He definately needs help and a  mentor himself, on both sides of the ball.   The great attribute Lombardi had was being a mentor, a father figure to his players. He taught them to be MEN.  Player after player on those Green Bay teams he coached would jump in front a train for him.  He was a special man who just brought out the best in a player.  

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Lot of young kids here. And young coaches.  Saleh looks lost. Dont know if he is the one to inspire these kids to be grown men. They are not. Hopefully he grows into it.  He definately needs help and a  mentor himself, on both sides of the ball.   The great attribute Lombardi had was being a mentor, a father figure to his players. He taught them to be MEN.  Player after player on those Green Bay teams he coached would jump in front a train for him.  He was a special man who just brought out the best in a player.  

So, we’re comparing him to the guy the trophy is named after? Rad.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This was Saleh’s entire brand when we hired him.

Disagree. I think it’s what Jets fans knew about him from video snippets.

If you listened to him speak, he’s very much about servant leadership as his management style. Will that work well as HC? Not sure. It’s a very good approach for position coaches and coordinators though.

Don’t get me wrong, he deserves criticism and second-guessing. I’m just a stickler for complaining about things that are the actual problem. Not frivolous feel-good nonsense that only seems relevant to the smooth brains.

I’m astonished you’ve hopped on the “mOaR yELLinG” shtick.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And you can’t just put that toothpaste back in the tube, either. Once the players figure out you’re a soft touch, it’s over for you. It would explain why a lot of these dudes have regressed so much.

Who regressed from last year? Genuine question 

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Disagree. I think it’s what Jets fans knew about him from video snippets.

If you listened to him speak, he’s very much about servant leadership as his management style. Will that work well as HC? Not sure. It’s a very good approach for position coaches and coordinators though.

Don’t get me wrong, he deserves criticism and second-guessing. I’m just a stickler for complaining about things that are the actual problem. Not frivolous feel-good nonsense that only seems relevant to the smooth brains.

I’m astonished you’ve hopped on the “mOaR yELLinG” shtick.

I got you. I’m not on the “more yelling” shtick as much as I’m just surprised how flat the team is week after week under a new coaching staff whose motto is “All Gas No Brakes.” It’s just very strange to see how little fight is in the team and how blasé Saleh seems to be about all of it. I’m trying to find the replay of when Wilson got undercut along the sideline in front of Saleh, but I remember him barely moving. Like, if he’s not going to lose his sh*t then, then when? 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I got you. I’m not on the “more yelling” shtick as much as I’m just surprised how flat the team is week after week under a new coaching staff whose motto is “All Gas No Brakes.” It’s just very strange to see how little fight is in the team and how blasé Saleh seems to be about all of it. I’m trying to find the replay of when Wilson got undercut along the sideline in front of Saleh, but I remember him barely moving. Like, if he’s not going to lose his sh*t then, then when? 

My question is if Saleh's even living up to his own slogan. There's no way the coaches are putting in the time and effort if that's how the product looks. No one cares how many bleachers you run. Anyone can see through that bullsh*t if you get shellacked by 50 after the bye.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Those same grown men that are playing a child's game that are NOW making a kings ransom got to the point of playing a child's game for a kings ransom had someone motivating them. 

That said, we have no idea what happens behind closed doors.  However,  I want to see my coach fighting for me.  If I'm being abused, my coach better abuse the officiating crew.