I can have us in the playoffs next year with what JD is sitting on…

I’m not trying to sound tough and I know it’s really easy to be an armchair GM. However, with the assets we have for the offseason, I truly believe I can construct a playoff team for next season.

The Johnson’s have been terrified to invoke a playoff mandate on anyone publicly, but it’s time. Next year, we better be playoff bound.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

If not, they need to take a real hard look at FA possibilities like Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers and give them a dump truck full of gold.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We've missed on Sanchez, Geno, Darnold and possibly Wilson.  Maybe it is now time to go with a proven stud QB veteran.  Only problem is where is the supporting cast?   Right now, what star QB is coming here to get killed?   Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

If not, they need to take a real hard look at FA possibilities like Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers and give them a dump truck full of gold.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don't care how much money we throw at them, I do not see Rodgers or Wilson willingly coming to what likely will be a rebuilding team coming off a 2 or 3 win season.  If we go the FA route, then I think we would be looking for someone more along the lines of Jameis Winston/Ryan Tannehlll type vet who failed in his first stop, where we may be able to offer the guy a chance to compete for a starting job, which he won't get elsewhere. 

A Marcus Mariota might fit the need.  Let a guy like that compete with Zach next year.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, jgb said:

Only if JD does a Rosen with Wilson (and hits a jackpot in draft) or brings in an established vet and relegates Wilson to the bench for a red shirt year.

Not a chance.

Rosen was not only terrible (and annoying) he didnt fit the new offense the new Hc wanted to run and the perfect QB for that offense was sitting there for AZ in the draft.

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

A Marcus Mariota might fit the need.  Let a guy like that compete with Zach next year.

I remember when bringing Tebow in to run the Wildcat, not even to compete with Sanchez was the ruination of Sanchez.  But we should bring in Mariota to compete with Wilson?  They may bring in a vet QB but not to compete for the starting job.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not a chance.

Rosen was not only terrible (and annoying) he didnt fit the new offense the new Hc wanted to run and the perfect QB for that offense was sitting there for AZ in the draft.

I also think not a chance. Thus, playoffs chances next year on an asymptote approaching 0.00%

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Depends on what Wilson does when he gets back.  To me, he has not done nearly enough so far to be handed the job again next year.  If Wilson is a legit starting QB in the NFL, then he should not be afraid of competition.

absolutely! 

ps cant wait for the gators to be #1 saturday

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

This team will def be competing for a playoff spot next year and will def be making a Super Bowl run in 2023.  We have some real nice pieces now and still have this upcoming offseason and draft.

Playoffs are a realistic goal next year and a Super Bowl run is happening in 2023.

Douglas/Saleh/Wilson = The Holy Trinity

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Depends on what Wilson does when he gets back.  To me, he has not done nearly enough so far to be handed the job again next year.  If Wilson is a legit starting QB in the NFL, then he should not be afraid of competition.

They aren’t making any major moves to get another QB this offseason.  They will bring back Flacco and that’s it

JD cannot admit he whiffed on Zach Wilson

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

absolutely! 

ps cant wait for the gators to be #1 saturday

Saturday scares the sh!t out of me.  History says Gators always play us tough (and often beat us) even if we are higher ranked.  Bad juju if I talk trash.  We are better than the Gators, but they are dangerous.  

Go Dawgs!!!

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not a chance.

You think they hired Kingsbury and then moved on from Rosen?  Pretty sure they knew they were done with Rosen and that is why they hired Kingsbury.

I'm sorry but this team going into the next offseason needing two olinemen (left guard and center), an Edge rusher (been needing after John Abraham got traded), need a MLB (CJ Mosely wont be back next year), TE (pass catching and can block), and a Safety (incase they can't sign Maye). 

Also no big time player will come to this team in rebuilding mode. The only players that will come to this team are players looking for one final paycheck.

I don't blame Douglas at all because he is rebuilding a team from scratch, when there was no foundation at all. In one year, you can't fix this team at all!!! This team was a complete mess and now it is looking better but it needs more work. You can't fix this team in one year!!!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AL047 said:

I'm sorry but this team going into the next offseason needing two olinemen (left guard and center), an Edge rusher (been needing after John Abraham got traded), need a MLB (CJ Mosely wont be back next year), TE (pass catching and can block), and a Safety (incase they can't sign Maye). 

Also no big time player will come to this team in rebuilding mode. The only players that will come to this team are players looking for one final paycheck.

I don't blame Douglas at all because he is rebuilding a team from scratch, when there was no foundation at all. In one year, you can't fix this team at all!!! This team was a complete mess and now it is looking better but it needs more work. You can't fix this team in one year!!!

Next year would be his 3rd year. Not 1. 3rd. 3rd. (let that sink in)

3 drafts

3 FA periods

3 shots to at least make us a competitive loser

Next year is the playoff mandate.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, AL047 said:

The team is a mess because JD made it a mess.....now granted we have draft capital. 

He needs to 100 percent hit on these 2022 picks. Some of our gripes have been do you trust him with that many picks? He's a very averageish drafter. He cant be average in 22, he needs to draft well. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

I’m not trying to sound tough and I know it’s really easy to be an armchair GM. However, with the assets we have for the offseason, I truly believe I can construct a playoff team for next season.

The Johnson’s have been terrified to invoke a playoff mandate on anyone publicly, but it’s time. Next year, we better be playoff bound.

Does this plan involved DeShaun Watson cleared of all charges, in good standing with the NFL and playing for the Jets? 

20 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

You want competitive football next season? Draft Thibodeaux and Linderbaum with the two firsts and sign Mitch Trubisky

you had me until Trubisky...., but I wouldn't be against bringing in competition for Wilson. The first 2 are a MUST have in the draft, and the first pick in the 2nd round better be one hell of a good TE.

3 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

you had me until Trubisky...., but I wouldn't be against bringing in competition for Wilson. The first 2 are a MUST have in the draft, and the first pick in the 2nd round better be one hell of a good TE.

Zach sucks and isn’t ready.  Trubisky is better than any qb we have had since Chad Pennington