Hypothetical Flacco scenario

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres how it will go down  White gets the start against Cincy and Indy He will collapse in the Indy game Flaco will come in for the Bills Wilson will be "hurt" till at least Decemb

I've heard people that have no interest in seeing Flacco play, but personally I'm curious what this offense looks like with him in there. Like, can this offense -- under Mike LaFluer -- look decent wi

Not only would he continue to start, he'd be elevated to HC, OC and possibly GM depending on how he finished out.

Posted Images

Let me add to this. If he wins the next 4 primarily utilizing guys that won’t be on the team next year, that would be going full Jetsy. If by some miracle he wins games using Mims, Moore, Carter etc then I definitely think he should remain the starter, I’d even say he doesn’t have to win all if his starts in that scenario 

Jets are going 0-3 no matter who the QB is. The Bengals/Bills/Colts are three of the most physically imposing teams in the NFL. Absolutely no shot.

They might beat the Dolphins. They're thisclose to giving up on the season.

• Upvote 2

In all honesty, if we had an experienced QB from week 1, our team is in a much better situation.

IMO, if Flacco were to do well over the next few weeks, I still go back to Wilson.  If the team regresses, you know what you have in Wilson.

Right now, you don't know if it is the offense, the QB, or some combination. 

5 minutes ago, Green hat said:

Unless we consider Flacco our QB of the future, why in the universe would you keep starting him once Zach can come back? For our playoff run?? 

In the universe where you're sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner and instead of talking about the butt fumble game you're talking about how the Jets are 5-5 in the middle of the playoff hunt coming off a 4 game win streak (including wins over the Bengals & Bills) sparked by the Flacco signing? It would be the ultimate butt fumble to put Wilson back in at that point.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, Green hat said:

Unless we consider Flacco our QB of the future, why in the universe would you keep starting him once Zach can come back? For our playoff run?? 

Well if we win 4 games in a row, I have hard time thinking the 5-5 Jets would make a change at QB. With that said, Flacco probably isn't starting this week and he isn't good enough to win 4 games in a row with this team so I am not overly worried about this scenario. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Wit said:

I know this is a long shot

if Flacco wins the next four, does Zach learn behind him the rest of the season, or come back in? 

honestly i'd be for this.  there is nothing wrong with having wilson sit for the rest of the season if flacco can deliver.  it'll help the rest of the team and hopefully wash a lot of the stick from the first six games off.

4 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Flacco is not much better than Hackenburg .

Not in this universe, or any other. Flacco has been washed up for years, but Hackenberg couldn't get a snap of regular season football because he was THAT bad. Hackenberg had a passer rating of 43.6 in the AAF against guys who couldn't even crack the practice squad in the NFL. 

26 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I've heard people that have no interest in seeing Flacco play, but personally I'm curious what this offense looks like with him in there. Like, can this offense -- under Mike LaFluer -- look decent with a competent vet QB in there? I think that's something worth knowing in terms of next steps.

Who cares what he looks like. He's a seasoned vet. He'll  look better but not much. pretty much like last year when he sucked as much as Darnold. 

3 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Jets are going 0-3 no matter who the QB is. The Bengals/Bills/Colts are three of the most physically imposing teams in the NFL. Absolutely no shot.

They might beat the Dolphins. They're thisclose to giving up on the season.

I think the Fins even beat us soundly. We are so out of sync Saleh needs to do something drastic. A message to his players to get them

In Sync.

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Who cares what he looks like. He's a seasoned vet. He'll  look better but not much. pretty much like last year when he sucked as much as Darnold. 

It's not about him. It's about the offense.

If the offense looks okay with him (the offense last year was clearly better with Flacco than Darnold, IMO) that's info worth knowing.

• Upvote 2