Hypothetical Flacco scenario

Ha ha!  The joke is on you we traded a draft pick so Flacco can back up White and we ALSO just protected josh johnson on  the psquad!  Dougas is playing chess while the rest of the gms are playing checkers!    ha ha ha......oh....wait....

• Haha 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres how it will go down  White gets the start against Cincy and Indy He will collapse in the Indy game Flaco will come in for the Bills Wilson will be "hurt" till at least Decemb

I've heard people that have no interest in seeing Flacco play, but personally I'm curious what this offense looks like with him in there. Like, can this offense -- under Mike LaFluer -- look decent wi

Not only would he continue to start, he'd be elevated to HC, OC and possibly GM depending on how he finished out.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's not about him. It's about the offense.

If the offense looks okay with him (the offense last year was clearly better with Flacco than Darnold, IMO) that's info worth knowing.

He's a band aid. Thats about it. The offense sucks with or without him.  They lack talent and congruity.  And are being run by an OC who should be a high school coach.  If anything, he's a decent mentor for Wilson -maybe. He looked totally disinterested when he played here.  Why wasnt this implemented when Wilson was drafted. It just invalidates the whole thing. But better late than never. 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's not about him. It's about the offense.

If the offense looks okay with him (the offense last year was clearly better with Flacco than Darnold, IMO) that's info worth knowing.

Darnold wasn't a rookie coming from a school like Byu . The Jets as a whole are in NFL 101 this season. Too many new parts and first timers. It's important they get as many reps together as possible. The offense will grow as Zach grows. Seeing a slightly better performance from Flacco would mean nothing. 

Umm - No.  If Wilson is healthy he needs all the live reps he can get.

When you’re sitting other players because they don’t understand their position, your credibility as a coach and a leader takes a major hit when you allow a lesser player to start over someone more qualified at another position. Zach Wilson being healthy or not, when Joe Flacco walks through the door he is instantly the best QB on our roster. The only way they can justify to the locker room benching Flacco for Wilson is when we’re Mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. It’s why there hasn’t been a vet thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
14 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

When you’re sitting other players because they don’t understand their position, your credibility as a coach and a leader takes a major hit when you allow a lesser player to start over someone more qualified at another position. Zach Wilson being healthy or not, when Joe Flacco walks through the door he is instantly the best QB on our roster. The only way they can justify to the locker room benching Flacco for Wilson is when we’re Mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. It’s why there hasn’t been a vet thus far.

Winning a handful of games with a vet qb does absolutely nothing  as it pushes Zachs development further down the line.  This whole rebuild is about the young qb and setting the team up with the resources to support him 

7 hours ago, Wit said:

I know this is a long shot

if Flacco wins the next four, does Zach learn behind him the rest of the season, or come back in? 

Why would it be a longshot... If that scenario happens, you don't bench Flacco, and you tell Zach to suck it up and learn baby learn. If the coaching staff were to bring back Zach after that scenario, I would know for certain that they aren't the right guys. Zach will get it, but this team like I said from before he was drafted, isn't ready for him to be the starting QB. The OL is not where it needs to be for him to have to get killed first before he succeeds... You didn't see this in training camp, or in preseason, because there was no pressure on him. Now that's it's live, he's fading behind the pressure which isn't a good sign.

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Got anything better to do?

Yeah I stopped huffing green paint about 20 years ago. It also coincided with becoming an adult.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Who cares what he looks like. He's a seasoned vet. He'll  look better but not much. pretty much like last year when he sucked as much as Darnold. 

It's not about Flacco it's about the development of a young team and a young QB....,,it may have been better for a vet to have started the season for stability of the team as a whole. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, undertow said:

It's not about Flacco it's about the development of a young team and a young QB....,,it may have been better for a vet to have started the season for stability of the team as a whole. 

Yea ok so

• Confused 1
Winning a handful of games with a vet qb does absolutely nothing  as it pushes Zachs development further down the line.  This whole rebuild is about the young qb and setting the team up with the resources to support him 

Again, these players are here to win ballgames. When a front office starts doing things otherwise they immediately lose credibility, especially when they’re openly benching players for not understanding their position thoroughly. Zach should start if Flacco is hurt or if we’re mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. The entire reason Flacco wasn’t kept here in the first place is for leadership to avoid the questions of sitting a better player.

Just now, undertow said:

Stop being dense on purpose. lol

It’s just bizarre they didn’t sign a vet to mentor Zach. Couldn’t they see this coming? Especially with the tragic loss of their QB coach. But again it’s better late than never.  

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

He's a band aid. Thats about it. The offense sucks with or without him.  They lack talent and congruity.  And are being run by an OC who should be a high school coach.  If anything, he's a decent mentor for Wilson -maybe. He looked totally disinterested when he played here.  Why wasnt this implemented when Wilson was drafted. It just invalidates the whole thing. But better late than never. 

i disagree

i think if Wilson played better and stopped throwing at feet or behind WRs we could have beat Carolina and Atlanta. i would hope a vet like Flacco can make the easy throws.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Wilson is playing terribly and Flacco can’t play worse but you’re putting way to much faith in him. He’s just here for the paycheck. Neither more nor less.

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

It’s just bizarre they didn’t sign a vet to mentor Zach. Couldn’t they see this coming? Especially with the tragic loss of their QB coach. But again it’s better late than never.  

I agree with that part but if Flacco looks decent and the team as whole functions better then a mistake was made throwing Wilson out there when he wasn't ready.  I don't believe in this philosophy that you just throw a young QB out there no matter what it can have a negative impact on him and everyone else.

7 hours ago, hawk said:

In all honesty, if we had an experienced QB from week 1, our team is in a much better situation.

IMO, if Flacco were to do well over the next few weeks, I still go back to Wilson.  If the team regresses, you know what you have in Wilson.

Right now, you don't know if it is the offense, the QB, or some combination. 

Yes this is different then Darnold.  They tried to buy veterans for Darnold.  Wilson isn’t the only young piece, the entire offense is basically rookies.  I’d love for any QB to come in and help guys like Carter and Moore become better.

26 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Again, these players are here to win ballgames. When a front office starts doing things otherwise they immediately lose credibility, especially when they’re openly benching players for not understanding their position thoroughly. Zach should start if Flacco is hurt or if we’re mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. The entire reason Flacco wasn’t kept here in the first place is for leadership to avoid the questions of sitting a better player.

The players on this team know the score. They know this is a team being built from the ground up. Those who don't will leave in Fa when they havre the opportunity. In addition for a handful this represents an opportunity to play when they'd be riding the pine with another team. If the team was a vet or a few pieces away your argument might hold water. But this certainly us not the case here.

I'm also puzzled by the Mims situation. But there may be other circumstances at play here that we're just not privy to. 

26 minutes ago, undertow said:

I agree with that part but if Flacco looks decent and the team as whole functions better then a mistake was made throwing Wilson out there when he wasn't ready.  I don't believe in this philosophy that you just throw a young QB out there no matter what it can have a negative impact on him and everyone else.

If Zach was holding back a playoff team sure by all means play a Vet qb. This team is full of young players learning and growing together its critical the reps they can all get together.  The Jets for the first time in a long time are doing things right , unfortunately our fan base is hyper impatient and rightfully so.  I hate losing at anything so I agree this is painful but I feel this time we will have brighter days ahead.  

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

If Zach was holding back a playoff team sure by all means play a Vet qb. This team is full of young players learning and growing together its critical the reps they can all get together.  The Jets for the first time in a long time are doing things right , unfortunately our fan base is hyper impatient and rightfully so.  I hate losing at anything so I agree this is painful but I feel this time we will have brighter days ahead.  

Yeah I just don't agree that going three and out all season and scoring zero points is good for Zach, the other young players on offense, the defense, and the coaching staff.  I'm not saying things will look any different with a vet QB and I didn't expect to win more then 4 games this season but not being able to function doesn't help development IMO.  

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Yeah I just don't agree that going three and out all season and scoring zero points is good for Zach, the other young players on offense, the defense, and the coaching staff.  I'm not saying things will look any different with a vet QB and I didn't expect to win more then 4 games this season but not being able to function doesn't help development IMO.  

Zach has the physical tools he just needs to procees the game better.  If you look at film he's missing easy check downs and safe options. This is not something he had to deal with at byu as he was able to choose among his first couple options and Had an oline that provided him more than ample time.

He was starting to show the ability to make the simple plays the last few weeks. Once he starts making the simple plays it will open all the other stuff we saw regularly in his film from byu.

45 minutes ago, undertow said:

I wouldn’t have let him play this year on numerous counts, mainly he had success only in his senior year against inferior competition and this OL stinks. He’s obviously not ready. The unforgiven has already occurred, he’s hurt. While that’s a risk under a top OL, there was just no need to push it. How do you think Wilson would have looked under BB, if he would even had allowed him to play. McDaniels would have kept it super simple like he has with Jones. When he returns, I would sit him for the rest of the year and learn from the sidelines under Flacco.  Improve the OL and team overall and restart next year with an established OC and established QB coach. Why do they have to make this so difficult?

58 minutes ago, doitny said:

i disagree

i think if Wilson played better and stopped throwing at feet or behind WRs we could have beat Carolina and Atlanta. i would hope a vet like Flacco can make the easy throws.

Zach was constantly running for his life. Hence, bad throws and sack and interceptions. And has had a zero running game and a HS OC. Add all that up and you have a recipe for disaster. And Who gives a poop what Flacco does. We’ve seen he’s already way past his prime. I’d like to believe he’s been brought in to mentor Zach but that’s just wishful thinking. He’s an emergency QB to come in when this OL gets the next QB rocked. 

• Upvote 1

I wouldn’t have let him play this year on numerous counts, mainly he had success only in his senior year against inferior competition and this OL stinks. He’s obviously not ready. The unforgiven has already occurred, he’s hurt. While that’s a risk under a top OL, there was just no need to push it. How do you think Wilson would have looked under BB, if he would even had allowed him to play. McDaniels would have kept it super simple like he has with Jones. When he returns, I would sit him for the rest of the year and learn from the sidelines under Flacco.  Improve the OL and team overall and restart next year with an established OC and established QB coach. Why do they have to make this so difficult?

Trust me he won't learn anything watching Joe Flacco play that he can't learn from playing himself. This whole mentor concept is way overblown. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Trust me he won't learn anything watching Joe Flacco play that he can't learn from playing himself. This whole mentor concept is way overblown. 

I’d rather he learn safely from the sidelines than getting injured again behind this stinky offense. STINKY. Mahomes sat a year. As did Rodgers for 3. As has Love and countless others. Sit the kid. He’ll mature naturally. And improve the damn team. Why is this such a revolutionary concept. This kid gets hurt again this year, it’s off with all their heads. Guaranteed. 

9 hours ago, Wit said:

I know this is a long shot

if Flacco wins the next four, does Zach learn behind him the rest of the season, or come back in? 

If I win the lottery yes I move out of NJ. Weird question. 

I’d rather he learn safely from the sidelines than getting injured again behind this stinky offense. STINKY. Mahomes sat a year. As did Rodgers for 3. As has Love and countless others. Sit the kid. He’ll mature naturally. And improve the damn team. Why is this such a revolutionary concept. This kid gets hurt again this year, it’s off with all their heads. Guaranteed. 

Mahomes had a good qb ahead of him with an established coaching staff and established systems. It didn't make sense to start him as a rookie. 

18 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Zach was constantly running for his life. Hence, bad throws and sack and interceptions. And has had a zero running game and a HS OC. Add all that up and you have a recipe for disaster. And Who gives a poop what Flacco does. We’ve seen he’s already way past his prime. I’d like to believe he’s been brought in to mentor Zach but that’s just wishful thinking. He’s an emergency QB to come in when this OL gets the next QB rocked. 

maybe the Carolina game but the Atlanta game he got sacked once.

i would like to think that JD and this CS has some sort of self preservation and want to keep there jobs. they are taking major heat this week in the media. they even hunted Woody down to get a quote. when was the last time you seen that in mid season.

they cant afford for White to not score any points. its one thing to lose 27-20 in a rebuild year, but the optics of a 50-13 loss, they have a few more of those and everybody is gone at years end. Whits starts and your right if he sucks Flacco will be in to try to save there jobs

57 minutes ago, undertow said:

The phrase the blind leading the blind comes to mind. 

If Flacco can settle things down, keep him in there. There are still 9 more draft picks and a whole lot of cap space coming up in ‘22. As much as the QB is the most important position - of course it is - it isn’t the only position. It’d go a long way to seeing what else they have, and what they don’t, aside from the QB position. So if they can learn more about them with Flacco, that’s fine by me. Even if it is a bit clownshoes lol.

It’ll certainly put their thumb on the scales in terms of how hard they should go after a veteran to compete with Wilson next year, unless he takes a major leap forward mopping up the season in Dec.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
49 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Mahomes had a good qb ahead of him with an established coaching staff and established systems. It didn't make sense to start him as a rookie. 

And it makes sense to start Wilson with none of those characteristics. WTF

13 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Jets are going 0-3 no matter who the QB is. The Bengals/Bills/Colts are three of the most physically imposing teams in the NFL. Absolutely no shot.

They might beat the Dolphins. They're thisclose to giving up on the season.

The Jets are a trap game for those teams if the Jets haven't given up on the season. 

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

The Jets are a trap game for those teams if the Jets haven't given up on the season. 

I'd believe that if the OC showed any ability to get creative and try to introduce unpredictability to the game.

Why did David beat Goliath? Because he refused to engage on Goliath's terms.

Bad teams can't win by playing conservatively. At best, they can only lose by less.

• Upvote 2