Woody gives Joe Douglas and Saleh his unwavering support

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Doesn’t the vote of confidence speech generally mean there is no confidence. Especially one this early.

Yup 

seems like the ones around here that said woody made some angry calls Monday were correct… 

This and the panic Flacco move , lmaooo those seats are hottttttttt ???

• Upvote 1

he telling you that he is sticking with JD cause he isnt going to pay 2 GMs for the next 3 years. and if he is somehow force to do it he still wont pay 2 GMs. he will just promote from within with someone who probably knows a hell of a lot less then JD.

all he does is listen to you guys and all we do is fail.

2 years removed from back to back AFCCG you wanted Tanney gone and he does it....

2 years later you wanted Idzik gone and he does it....

you dont want him to pick the next GM so he hires Casserly and Wolf. two ex GMs with good resumes....

that gets you Mac and Bowels.

you didnt want his brother Chris to pick a coach so they listened to you and asked Peyton...

you wanted Gase fired after 2 years and he did it....

now you want to fire Saleh after one year and JD after 2. he is finally standing up to this fan base.

cant keep firing people after 2 years. lets hop JD really gets that

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Yup 

seems like the ones around here that said woody made some angry calls Monday were correct… 

This and the panic Flacco move , lmaooo those seats are hottttttttt ???

The Flacco move is very telling.

Woody sees empty seats, seats filled with opposing teams fans and any Jets fans dumb enough to go booing the entire game. 

This fan base was ready to be patient and enjoy the ups and downs with Wilson. They did not expect the defense to regress and the HC throw the rookie QB under the bus for 5 weeks. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

he telling you that he is sticking with JD cause he isnt going to pay 2 GMs for the next 3 years. and if he is somehow force to do it he still wont pay 2 GMs. he will just promote from within with someone who probably knows a hell of a lot less then JD.

2 years removed from back to back AFCCG you wanted Tanney gone and he does it....

you dont want him to pick the next GM so he hires Casserly and Wolf. two ex GMs with good resumes....

you didnt want his brother Chris to pick a coach so they listened to you and asked Peyton...

now you want to fire Saleh after one year and JD after 2. he is finally standing up to this fan base.

I have always preached patience, but the reality is that as bad as things are we needed to fire Idzik, Macc and Gase. They were bad choices that were given plenty of time to show progress. None did. 

I don't think we should fire JD and Saleh today and I am ok keeping JD around a while. But Saleh has proven to be  a fraud to this point. No defense, young QB not getting better, not playing competitive games. 

You rarely see rookie coaches come in and do great, but you also rarely see them be this incompetent. 

• Upvote 2

We can find similar statements about every Jets GM and Coach over the last 20 years.  

I do think JD and Saleh get another year.   Unless something really changes, if I were the Johnsons I would consider having JD hire "a consultant" to help him with the draft picks (like Scot McCoughlan) and make sure that Saleh either hires an AHC to help Lafleur or replaces him entirely.  

Nice tie!  Though the knot is a bit skewed, is that a thing these days?  Like is a skewed knot a good thing now because I was never informed of this.  Who instituted this new skewed knot thing?  Was it Drake?  Again?  Tell me it wasn't Drake.  Drake is Canadian. So is Alannis Morrisette.  Back to skewed ties, does he have a servant tie his ties for him?  Like a dresser or his gardener or something like that? Maybe a nanny?  Nudge nudge wink wink.  I bet Liz Hurley likes that tie.  I bet it is her favorite.  Maybe he got it in london?  Maybe at yee olde Dickens tie shop?  If the Jets make the playoffs will he buy Douglas and all the coaches a nice tie?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really starting to think that 'hitting' on a GM who can tear down and then build back up a team is like trying to hit on a franchise QB. A real crapshoot. 

I'm wondering if it makes a lot more sense to bring in a guy to tear it down and collect assets. Look at Douglass and Grier in Miami.. both tore down and got a LOT of assets, but neither one seems to be able to use those assets. 

So what if the NFL had a class of GM who comes in and tears it down, collects assets, but you spend that year looking for your real GM who is gonna come in and use those assets. Given the importance of the GM and their impact, it doesn't seem to make sense to spend a month hiring these guys for situations like the Jets that is going to require some specific skills. 

Like you have CEOs who come in to an ailing company and tear it down then another guy comes in try to turn it around. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, doitny said:

LOL.  He didn't do any of those firings because of what the fanbase wanted.  Too funny.  

• Upvote 1

Nothing woody said was wrong. People forget how dreadful the browns were before Myles Garret hit the scene.  The problem is the Jets don't have a generational talent that even though the team stinks, is so obviously good that you can see the glimmer.  This is where Joe has to step up. We need to find these players and get them here.  The browns were not built overnight.  Everyone here has been clamoring for this TYPE of rebuild, no waffling bs, just straight from the ground up.  

Hell we even have a front office structure that resembles good franchises for the first time in forever.  Just see this through, what's another year or two of these kids growing? If they suck like everyone says, then they'll be out the door anyways, until then all we can do is see this through...

Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I really want Joe Douglas to be the right guy to lead this franchise out of the abyss. But we are so bad, once again. It's hard to take. 

I agree it is frustrating, but at least not unexpected this year - although the Pats game was not expected. Nothing is changing until the end of next year. I am hoping, the team is winning and competitive by then.

• Upvote 1